What makes a man a man, or a woman a woman?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
I'm reading a book by Roberta Cava, she's a very serious and professional businesswoman with a strong intellect and a graceful way with words.

I've heard all kinds of popular clichés and folk wisdom about "men and women"; so I'm curious to hear some opinions on what makes a man a man, or a woman a woman. (Or boys / girls and whatnot)

Ideally more serious ones, and less childish or adolescent ones that simply don't fit the bill in many cases, whether we're talking Einstein, or Joan of Arc.

Or does anyone really know? Given that debates and quarrels over these issues seem to have been around since the days of Plato, and likely before.

I'm reading a book by Roberta Cava, she's a very serious and professional businesswoman with a strong intellect and a graceful way with words.

I've heard all kinds of popular clichés and folk wisdom about "men and women"; so I'm curious to hear some opinions on what makes a man a man, or a woman a woman. (Or boys / girls and whatnot)

Ideally more serious ones, and less childish or adolescent ones that simply don't fit the bill in many cases, whether we're talking Einstein, or Joan of Arc.

Or does anyone really know? Given that debates and quarrels over these issues seem to have been around since the days of Plato, and likely before.
Well, biologically, a man has a penis and testicles, and a woman has a vagina. That's the obvious answer.

Well, biologically, a man has a penis and testicles, and a woman has a vagina. That's the obvious answer.
Something not that obvious.

apparently you are a liberal progressive if you dont believe its that obvious ..... so when you see a newborn baby with a penis what do you put on its birth certificate ??? you put boy of course .....

apparently you are a liberal progressive if you dont believe its that obvious ..... so when you see a newborn baby with a penis what do you put on its birth certificate ??? you put boy of course .....
Um no, we're not talking about biology, but more along the lines of character or personal traits..

(And even then technically it would be the genetics, I believe it's possible for some people to be born with a mismatch between the genes and the physical parts).

And for the scientifically challenged, a Man has a cock and balls, a Woman has a gash. You're welcome.

And for the scientifically challenged, a Man has a cock and balls, a Woman has a gash. You're welcome.
A eunuch is still biologically, "male", is he not?

A eunuch is still biologically, "male", is he not?
We're NOT talking about eunuchs here, Sparky. We're talking MEN and WOMEN. It appears that you're trying to derail your OWN thread. Very strange...........

The first thing that defines Men and women is the chromosomes that make up their DNA. This provides the first and most basic distinction between the sexes.

Most of the other traits deal with the differences that stem from the separate genetic identities. These include general differences in reproductive organs, and the difference in physical, emotional and mental capacities.

Guys have the Adam's Apple lump in their neck when girls do not.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At first I was going to ask why nothing was ever named after Eve, but then I remembered that she got Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. :) :) :)

Um no, we're not talking about biology, but more along the lines of character or personal traits..

(And even then technically it would be the genetics, I believe it's possible for some people to be born with a mismatch between the genes and the physical parts).
those people you are talking about are what we call modern democrats .

Reaching chronological adulthood and being able to function in society as an adult, without continuing to adhere to childish stereotypes, makes a man a man and a woman a woman. Unfortunately, there are some people of both sexes who never mature, even after reaching chronological adulthood. They are the ones who continue with little-boy temper tantrums and shoot-'em-ups and sissy little-girl, bleachy-blondie, cooing behaviors even decades after reaching the age of 18.

Reaching chronological adulthood and being able to function in society as an adult, without continuing to adhere to childish stereotypes, makes a man a man and a woman a woman. Unfortunately, there are some people of both sexes who never mature, even after reaching chronological adulthood. They are the ones who continue with little-boy temper tantrums and shoot-'em-ups and sissy little-girl, bleachy-blondie, cooing behaviors even decades after reaching the age of 18.
You've described MOST liberals I know or have met in the last two sentences of this post. Thank you.

You've described MOST liberals I know or have met in the last two sentences of this post. Thank you.
So why do the so-called "conservatives" continue to act like this?

So why do the so-called "conservatives" continue to act like this?
I believe you have that behavior mixed up with LIBERALS, you knucklehead. NO conservatives I know act like that. Now go to bed, you're getting on my nerves.......

Forum List

Back