What Movie Did You Like (but didn't think you would

Had a friend at work who kept bugging me to watch the movie 'Sling Blade'.

Told him I wasn't interested, don't like slasher movies. This went on for a month.

Finally he bought a copy and and gave it to me, so I took it home and eventually watched it.

Now it's one of my all time favorite movies. ..... :thup:

Last edited:
For me I had resisted watching "Out of Africa" until one day I did and now count it among my favorite movies.

Another was "The Quick and the Dead" expecting it to be one of those everybody hates everybody and is angry all the time films. It has been in my movie collection for years and this past week I finally sat down and watched it. Was pleasantly surprised. It is an entertaining film.
Which one?

The Quick and the Dead (TV Movie 1987) - IMDb

The Quick and the Dead (1995) - IMDb

The Louis L'amore one - 1987. Haven't seen the 1995 one and didn't know it even existed.

I liked that one as well.

Best part of the other one, Leonardo DiCaprio and Gene Hackman get killed

It wasn't bad.

And Sharon Stone kept her clothes on.

Most of the time
Titanic was great...Leo eats it in that one too.
Why do you guys hate Leo? Have you ever seen what's eating Gilbert Grape?
I thought Leo was great in Titanic.....but since then he's turned into a politically-correct asshole.

Told him I wasn't interested, don't like slasher movies. This went on for a month.

Finally he bought a copy and and gave it to me, so I took it home and eventually watched it.

"I like the way you talk......".

Same. I thought it would be dumb/boring. Awesome movie. You don't even think about the character being Billy Bob Thornton

The Louis L'amore one - 1987. Haven't seen the 1995 one and didn't know it even existed.

I liked that one as well.

Best part of the other one, Leonardo DiCaprio and Gene Hackman get killed

It wasn't bad.

And Sharon Stone kept her clothes on.

Most of the time
Titanic was great...Leo eats it in that one too.
Why do you guys hate Leo? Have you ever seen what's eating Gilbert Grape?
I thought Leo was great in Titanic.....but since then he's turned into a politically-correct asshole.

Titanic wasn't even his best role... The Revenant was great!

My wife made me go see "A Christmas Story" when it came out
The theater was only half full but everyone stood up and clapped when it was over

I hate Will Farrow but thought Elf was good.

I'm with you there. I generally pass on movies featuring Will Farrow, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey as there are so many that are just dumb. But all have put out a decent movie or two.

I thought I would hate the movie "Armageddon" and I still think the editing was really poor, but I have come to appreciate the movie itself. I include it in the comedy category though some think I'm nuts abut that.

I'm with you there. I generally pass on movies featuring Will Farrow, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey as there are so many that are just dumb. But all have put out a decent movie or two.
Elf was ok the first time.

but only the first time.

Farrows best role was as GW Bush.
the rest sucked.

Chevy has run out of roles he can play.

Martin is no longer a 'wild and crazy guy'

and he sucks at drama.

Carrey hasn't changed a line since In Living Color.

Elf was ok the first time.

but only the first time.

Farrows best role was as GW Bush.
the rest sucked.

Chevy has run out of roles he can play.

Martin is no longer a 'wild and crazy guy'

and he sucks at drama.

Carrey hasn't changed a line since In Living Color.

Right now........Mike Meyers is the best

I didn't expect to like "Pirates of the Caribbean' thinking it would be just enough spoof movie akin to "Airplane". Well in a way it was BUT intelligently done with excellent acting and directing and I rate it quite highly now.

One I expected to like and absolutely hated and still do is "O Brother Where Art Thou?" Unfortunately it is one of my husband's favorite movies. :)

Forum List

Back