What Philosophical Principle Do Liberals Hang Their Ideology On?

That which does the greatest number of people the greatest amount of good for the greatest length of time.

:eusa_angel:

And with the modern welfare state how is that working out for ya? Again, another example of the opposite outcome from a liberals stated intent.

You'll have to answer that welfare state question yourself, what with it being your side that incurred massive war debts, allowed all our jobs to be sent out of the country, allowed massive mortgage company fraud, bailed out the banks instead off nationalizing them, killed all jobs programs, and gave massive revenue-killing tax breaks to those that least deserve it.

Your ignorance of reality is astonishing even for a liberal. The jobs flying out of the country was predicted and we are seeing the results of that predictions. The one person solely reseponsible is William Jefferson Clinton. He pushed for "free" trade harder then he pushed for anything else during his term. Perot said there would be a great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country if Clinton did what he did and Perot was absolutely correct. No Republican president could have gotten those rotten deals through congress without Clinton's support so don't blame anyone other then him. The Unions opposed them and said they would punish everyone who support them, they like every liberal today lied.

Giant sucking sound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The housing crisis, all democrat, read and learn:

The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac 17 Times In 2008, Alone | Nice Deb

See what I do, unlike most liberals, I back what I say with fact not a jaded opinion apparently derived by listening to Chris Matthews.

The war in Iraq, unlike some other actions taken by presidents, was voted on by Congress and passed. Certainly Bush could have stopped the war and not gone to war but he followed the law and Congress gave him approval. Had they not then the liberal argument would have some merit. Expensive, yes, but it is what congress wanted, along with Bush.

Last edited:
And with the modern welfare state how is that working out for ya? Again, another example of the opposite outcome from a liberals stated intent.

You'll have to answer that welfare state question yourself, what with it being your side that incurred massive war debts, allowed all our jobs to be sent out of the country, allowed massive mortgage company fraud, bailed out the banks instead off nationalizing them, killed all jobs programs, and gave massive revenue-killing tax breaks to those that least deserve it.

Your ignorance of reality is astonishing even for a liberal. The jobs flying out of the country was predicted and we are seeing the results of that predictions. The one person solely reseponsible is William Jefferson Clinton. He pushed for "free" trade harder then he pushed for anything else during his term. Perot said there would be a great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country if Clinton did what he did and Perot was absolutely correct. No Republican president could have gotten those rotten deals through congress without Clinton's support so don't blame anyone other then him. The Unions opposed them and said they would punish everyone who support them, they like every liberal today lied.

The White House Warned Congress About Fannie Mae Freddie Mac 17 Times In 2008, Alone | Nice Deb

See what I do, unlike most liberals, I back what I say with fact not a jaded opinion apparently derived by listening to Chris Matthews.

The war in Iraq, unlike some other actions taken by presidents, was voted on by Congress and passed. Certainly Bush could have stopped the war and not gone to war but he followed the law and Congress gave him approval. Had they not then the liberal argument would have some merit. Expensive, yes, but it is what congress wanted, along with Bush.

I read your statment with some interest. Then I read the bullshit you wrote following your statment. Then I laughed my ass off. Are you a comedian? Or just stupid? Don't know don't care. But you sure have some interesting twisted "facts".

Matter of fact, you sound just like those Democrats you hate so much.

Disclaimer: To Grandma, Both the Republican and Democratic Parties are Engines of Destruction, demolishing your civil and economic liberties, and are privately allied to each other.

More simply, they play good cop/bad cop, and alternate who plays which part. Moving on:

I. Who incurred massive war debts:
Without a doubt, The Republicans and Democrats all agreed to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, they all knew there weren't weapons of mass destruction from the start. However, another question that should be asked, how was that war financed?

Bush continued Bill Clinton's policy of balancing the budget and generating false surpluses by STEALING from Social Security. Obama has continued the same policy. Whatever they can't immediately burrow from Social Security, they ask the Federal Reserve to print.

II. Why our Jobs went Overseas
Because the Federal Reserve has generated so much inflation by printing trillions of dollars, that inflation has gone out of control, making it too costly to pay Americans a living wage. The taxes on PRODUCERS are way too high. Meanwhile the taxes on the Wall Street Thugs who PRODUCE NOTHING are too low.

III. Who is Responsible for Massive Mortgage Fraud.
Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act in 1999, which was created in the wake of the Great Depression to separate investment and commercial banks. Once combined, they are TOO BIG TO FAIL.

Then Bush deregulated to a point where there was no oversight of the sub-prime mortgage ponzi scheme. Then Bush authorized TARP to buy toxic assets, instead of bailing out the home owners and letting the faggot bankers rot in hell and commit suicide in shame (like in the Great Depression). This is when Republican Leadership revealed that they were also Marxists economically, although it was already well known to informed individuals for decades.

Then Obama inherited this mess from both Clinton and Bush. He decided to make it worse. They have skewed the Unemployment numbers to hide this. The truth is most unemployed Americans have given up looking for work and no longer qualify for unemployment. They are now in poverty or homeless. Retail is closing down everywhere, even illegal immigrants are losing their jobs. The price of gold is skyrocketing (meaning the dollar is losing value rapidly) and the Stock Market "appears" to be doing good, but when you compare the profits being made in the stock market compared to INFLATION BASED ON GOLD, even the stock market thugs are losing money.

IV. Bail Outs
a. Who bailed them out
The 2007 bailot is answered. How about Obama's bailout. He decided that instead of regulating and shattering the Too Big to Fail, he would just PRINT more money and give it to them so they could pay themselves nice bonuses. The Corporate media quickly took this story off air. Occupy Wall Street started, then the FBI labeled Occupy Wall Street a "Terrorist Organization," putting all the leaders and organizers of Occupy Wall Street on the National Terrorist Watch List, I know, I'm on the list, I can't fly, not unless I want to be probed for explosives in my asshole. I use Amtrak (train) to cross the country now.
b. Why Nationalization would be bad, unless the whole system was changed.
Unless you plan to ABOLISH the Federal Reserve and VOID all paper money, and start NEW with a NATIONAL BANK OWNED THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT that is BACKED BY GOLD/SILVER/PLATINUM/OTHER PRECIOUS ELEMENTS, then Nationalization will only INCREASE THE GRIP OF CORPORATE MARXISM.

V. Which job programs? I cant' answer this because it's very vague.

VI. Tax breaks to rich
a. The working rich have very high tax rates (50%+)
b. The corporate/financier rich don't pay shit.
On tax breaks, even Bill Maher has had his Liberal resolve shattered by his 78% tax rate. You could Tax the rich (both the working rich and the corporation) 100%, and you still can't pay the debt ... ever ... because we can't meet the interest payments.

The government will have to print mad money to pay off the debt, but this will result in hyperinflation and the dollar will collapse. Then your Social Security wont' be worth shit, not like Social Security is worth anything as it is, since the Federal Government has STOLEN 32 TRILLION DOLLARS FROM SOCIAL SECURITY. They will have to print money to replace SS funds too.

The shame is that Social Security is actually a very good thing, and pays for itself. The government got greedy and stole from it.

------------

Grandma, as an ardent denouncer of both parties, I am giving you the best information possible. There is a lot more if you wish to know, I can only cover so much in a short post.

Last edited:

I read your statment with some interest. Then I read the bullshit you wrote following your statment. Then I laughed my ass off. Are you a comedian? Or just stupid? Don't know don't care. But you sure have some interesting twisted "facts".

Matter of fact, you sound just like those Democrats you hate so much.

You are definitely a poster child for liberal BS. You don't even bother pointing to what in the hell you are talking about. Perot, made the claim. Congress did vote on the war there is nothing twisted at all except you. I lived through the events, you I imagine were just discovering Sesame Street at the time.

That which does the greatest number of people the greatest amount of good for the greatest length of time.

:eusa_angel:

Even Bill Maher announced Friday that he's going to become a Conservative. He's realizing that taking 78% of his paycheck is other people's greed.

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

Speaking for this Republican, we don't want him.

Even Bill Maher announced Friday that he's going to become a Conservative. He's realizing that taking 78% of his paycheck is other people's greed.

Bill Maher on California Income Taxes: 'Liberals - You Could Actually Lose Me' | NewsBusters

Speaking for this Republican, we don't want him.

--yikes

LOL

To be honest, you should embrace Bill Maher, you'll need him to convince a sizable portion of people that we could never reach. Not every Democrat is beyond hope, I was a progressive liberal myself as recent as last November.

This attack on 2nd Amendment woke me up, I read Common Sense, Federalist Papers, the Constitution, the Declaration, The Articles of Confederation, many early Supreme Court Cases, ones you probably never heard of, all kinds of committee reports, diaries about the Constitutional Convention. You name it, I've been there in the last four months.

I've learned about REAL ECONOMICS, the difference between FIAT and COMMODITY Currencies. How several international banks have controlled the United States since the creation of the Federal Reserve and the 16th Amendment, and how those same banks destroyed what remained of State Sovereignty by passing the 17th Amendment in the same year, removing all checks on the Federal Government and voiding their powers under Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1 to create Gold and Silver Coins to pay debts. Although they can still do this, it is generally not useful or productive under the overwhelming fiat system. I've been to hell and back, I've seen the Devil himself, Rothschild. I've seen the games that both parties play, dividing us by race and class, and pitting us against each other, while they all laugh to the bank.

There's a better and brighter future, that future is Libertarianism. If they disarm us, there's no reclaiming our future, we're the last civilized nation that remains on this Earth that has an ARMED citizenry. Before I go to bed, I will leave you with this:

The contents contained in the following document, are so far only known to the political elite and to the political factions that have been adversely affected and criminalized by that same elite; however, it is paramount during these turbulent times, that the general public be made aware of the abuses that have been inflicted upon them, and continue to be perpetrated against them, both subtly and overtly --- both accidentally and intentionally, for these abuses have become intolerable.

The abuses to be discussed are not isolated to any particular State or Locality within the United States, in fact, they are not even isolated within the United States itself. For the entire world is confronted by the same enemy, The Federal Reserve, and those who control and manipulate its actions. Unknown to most citizens of the United States, is the fact that the Federal Reserve is a Private Central Bank. It is neither beholden nor owned by the United States government. The very operation of the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional under Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution, and the very idea of fiat currency is inconsistent with the intent of the Founding Fathers, as evidenced by many documents and proceedings during their time.

This document will address in great detail all of our ailments, and the causes thereof, for no ailment can be cured when the cause is unknown. The reader shall also discover that the ailments are many, but the causes are few, and the are solutions simple. The powers that be have made a smokescreen, shielding the causes from the public eye and diverting attention away from those who are responsible --- the elite themselves. The elite have succeeded so well, that many citizens have abandoned hope, believing that the system is too complicated ---- beyond both diagnose and repair; while at the same time, the people believe that an inanimate system will knowingly fix itself, while under the influence of the same tyrants who rule from the shadows.

It is the wish of the authors that the reader be encouraged to supplement their reading of this document through the use of the unlimited research capabilities granted to them by this modern age of information. The authors have explicitly avoided those things which are personal, and with careful and proper judgment, have also avoided injecting any substantial or noticeable degree of bias. The reader is also advised to purge themselves of as much biases and prejudices as possible and to proceed with candor and impartiality, and to become open and receptive to the ideas and information that shall be presented.

As Thomas Paine once said, “The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind.” This again is true today, and in fact, it is even more true than it was during his era. The modern world is so interconnected, from the globalization of her markets, to the instantaneous communication from any of her parts to another, that we find that all of her regions are governed by the same forces --- and the same tyrannies; for the peoples of the Earth have had very little to say about those forces which came to govern, and as such, those forces have proceeded to rule unchecked.

Thomas Paine also wrote: “Ye that love mankind, that dare oppose not only tyranny but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression; Freedom hath been hunted round the globe…” Unfortunately, the tyrants have succeeded in the efforts of global domination and oppression. The cause of America --- the cause of all mankind, has been defeated, hunted to extinction.

However, the hallowed principles of individual freedom and self-government may yet find asylum once more in America; the citizenry that composes the United States, is the only sizable armed citizenry that remains in the modern world. To quote the Declaration of Independence: “That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

As the only substantially armed and civilized population remaining, we are the only people that can abolish the tyranny that plagues the entire globe. It is for this reason, that the powers that be wish to disarm the citizens of the United States, and wholly devour the Second Amendment by our own consent.

There is only one logical practice of the Second Amendment, and that is that it shall not be infringed. Any other practice is a paradox, for it contradicts the very purpose of the Second Amendment in its entirety; it is the ultimate form of popular recourse against tyranny, and thus no potential tyrants may restrict it. The Second Amendment is the Supreme Sovereign; to surrender the Second Amendment, is to surrender the sovereignty of self-government.

If the reader finds themselves in disagreement with the above paragraph, they are encouraged to skip directly to the section of this document titled “The Second Amendment, and the Tyrannical and Racist History of Gun Control.”

Without further adieu, the authors cordially invite the reader into the realm of reason and common sense.

--- "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."

I wrote that section. It's the introduction.

To be honest, you should embrace Bill Maher, you'll need him to convince a sizable portion of people that we could never reach. Not every Democrat is beyond hope, I was a progressive liberal myself as recent as last November.

This attack on 2nd Amendment woke me up, I read Common Sense, Federalist Papers, the Constitution, the Declaration, The Articles of Confederation, many early Supreme Court Cases, ones you probably never heard of, all kinds of committee reports, diaries about the Constitutional Convention. You name it, I've been there in the last four months.

I've learned about REAL ECONOMICS, the difference between FIAT and COMMODITY Currencies. How several international banks have controlled the United States since the creation of the Federal Reserve and the 16th Amendment, and how those same banks destroyed what remained of State Sovereignty by passing the 17th Amendment in the same year, removing all checks on the Federal Government and voiding their powers under Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1 to create Gold and Silver Coins to pay debts. Although they can still do this, it is generally not useful or productive under the overwhelming fiat system. I've been to hell and back, I've seen the Devil himself, Rothschild. I've seen the games that both parties play, dividing us by race and class, and pitting us against each other, while they all laugh to the bank.

There's a better and brighter future, that future is Libertarianism. If they disarm us, there's no reclaiming our future, we're the last civilized nation that remains on this Earth that has an ARMED citizenry. Before I go to bed, I will leave you with this:

The contents contained in the following document, are so far only known to the political elite and to the political factions that have been adversely affected and criminalized by that same elite; however, it is paramount during these turbulent times, that the general public be made aware of the abuses that have been inflicted upon them, and continue to be perpetrated against them, both subtly and overtly --- both accidentally and intentionally, for these abuses have become intolerable.

The abuses to be discussed are not isolated to any particular State or Locality within the United States, in fact, they are not even isolated within the United States itself. For the entire world is confronted by the same enemy, The Federal Reserve, and those who control and manipulate its actions. Unknown to most citizens of the United States, is the fact that the Federal Reserve is a Private Central Bank. It is neither beholden nor owned by the United States government. The very operation of the Federal Reserve is unconstitutional under Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution, and the very idea of fiat currency is inconsistent with the intent of the Founding Fathers, as evidenced by many documents and proceedings during their time.

This document will address in great detail all of our ailments, and the causes thereof, for no ailment can be cured when the cause is unknown. The reader shall also discover that the ailments are many, but the causes are few, and the are solutions simple. The powers that be have made a smokescreen, shielding the causes from the public eye and diverting attention away from those who are responsible --- the elite themselves. The elite have succeeded so well, that many citizens have abandoned hope, believing that the system is too complicated ---- beyond both diagnose and repair; while at the same time, the people believe that an inanimate system will knowingly fix itself, while under the influence of the same tyrants who rule from the shadows.

It is the wish of the authors that the reader be encouraged to supplement their reading of this document through the use of the unlimited research capabilities granted to them by this modern age of information. The authors have explicitly avoided those things which are personal, and with careful and proper judgment, have also avoided injecting any substantial or noticeable degree of bias. The reader is also advised to purge themselves of as much biases and prejudices as possible and to proceed with candor and impartiality, and to become open and receptive to the ideas and information that shall be presented.

As Thomas Paine once said, “The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind.” This again is true today, and in fact, it is even more true than it was during his era. The modern world is so interconnected, from the globalization of her markets, to the instantaneous communication from any of her parts to another, that we find that all of her regions are governed by the same forces --- and the same tyrannies; for the peoples of the Earth have had very little to say about those forces which came to govern, and as such, those forces have proceeded to rule unchecked.

Thomas Paine also wrote: “Ye that love mankind, that dare oppose not only tyranny but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression; Freedom hath been hunted round the globe…” Unfortunately, the tyrants have succeeded in the efforts of global domination and oppression. The cause of America --- the cause of all mankind, has been defeated, hunted to extinction.

However, the hallowed principles of individual freedom and self-government may yet find asylum once more in America; the citizenry that composes the United States, is the only sizable armed citizenry that remains in the modern world. To quote the Declaration of Independence: “That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

As the only substantially armed and civilized population remaining, we are the only people that can abolish the tyranny that plagues the entire globe. It is for this reason, that the powers that be wish to disarm the citizens of the United States, and wholly devour the Second Amendment by our own consent.

There is only one logical practice of the Second Amendment, and that is that it shall not be infringed. Any other practice is a paradox, for it contradicts the very purpose of the Second Amendment in its entirety; it is the ultimate form of popular recourse against tyranny, and thus no potential tyrants may restrict it. The Second Amendment is the Supreme Sovereign; to surrender the Second Amendment, is to surrender the sovereignty of self-government.

If the reader finds themselves in disagreement with the above paragraph, they are encouraged to skip directly to the section of this document titled “The Second Amendment, and the Tyrannical and Racist History of Gun Control.”

Without further adieu, the authors cordially invite the reader into the realm of reason and common sense.

--- "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."

I wrote that section. It's the introduction.

true however i doubt

that the left would lose him

For conservatives, it’s easy. They either place their ideology on the principle of self-ownership as written by John Locke or the no harm principle as advocated by J.S. Mill. But what does the modern day liberal trace his/her ideological principles back to? What is the foundation of their thought? It can’t be the classical liberalism of the above stated philosophers (Which calles into qustion the reason they identify as "liberals"). So who/what? Is it “From each according to his ability to each according to his need”? Certainly a modern day liberal/progressive/democrat should be able to shine some light on this question.

Jesus Christ. Be he man or God, seems an appropriate model for those who reject Objectivism, the model for today's conservative, and embrace the principle of the greatest good for the greatest number in terms of governance, with respect and advocacy for individual rights. The liberal/progressive generally supports equal rights for all citizens and respects their choices in life up to the point where their fist meets the nose of others - literally and figuratively.

Not so, vandalshandle. Liberation Theology is not Christianity. Its Marxism with an upside down cross. No such thing as a Marxist Christian. They don't exist. - Jeremiah

Oversimplified hogwash.

Please give me a single quote of Jesus from the gospels that support today's conservative principles. On the other hand, you could start with the sermon on the mount, and find it full of today liberal concepts....and that is just a small example of his sayings that liberals embrace.

Clearly, whatever they're political bend, Liberals are pathological lairs.

Render unto Obama what is Obamas, render unto God what is Gods.

And you dare to say Jesus was a Loliberal

I'll tell you what, Frank. We'll have a pop test. Who said these words:

"Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Glenn Beck
4. Jesus Christ

No Googling is allowed.

Oversimplified hogwash.

Please give me a single quote of Jesus from the gospels that support today's conservative principles. On the other hand, you could start with the sermon on the mount, and find it full of today liberal concepts....and that is just a small example of his sayings that liberals embrace.

"Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me."

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Glenn Beck
4. Jesus Christ

No Googling is allowed.

So, according to the LOLiberal total misunderstanding of Scripture, Communist government are the most God-like and most closely follow the teaching of Christ.

Oversimplified hogwash.

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Glenn Beck
4. Jesus Christ

No Googling is allowed.

All of the above at various times. Now tell me where in that quote do you see anything resembling a welfare state? Where does Jesus say that the government is responsible for taking care of anyone? Where is Jesus saying that giving is anything more then a personal decision? YOU give not the government and by all measures Conservatives are much more generous then liberals. Compare Romney's and Obama's tax returns not even close. It isn't charity you can be proud of to take some one's money and give it to someone else. What Jesus is saying is that YOU, YOU PERSONALLLY, not the government, YOU. Look at what the twisted liberal theology has caused, more hardship and people on the government dole then ever would be if we actually did follow the words of Jesus.

But glad to hear you are a believer in the Risen Christ, that is good news.

Gentlemen, I will answer you both of you in one sentence. Nowhere in the definition of "liberal" appears either the words, "communist", or "welfare state".

I will not defend your definition of "liberal" , since that is nothng but a seed that was planted and nurtured by your minds by talk AM radio.

Gentlemen, I will answer you both of you in one sentence. Nowhere in the definition of "liberal" appears either the words, "communist", or "welfare state".

I will not defend your definition of "liberal" , since that is nothng but a seed that was planted and nurtured by your minds by talk AM radio.

You're reading propaganda, not the definition.

Not so, vandalshandle. Liberation Theology is not Christianity. Its Marxism with an upside down cross. No such thing as a Marxist Christian. They don't exist. - Jeremiah

Oversimplified hogwash.

Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Statist Progressivism = Totalitarianism.

Requirements are the surrender of Individual Will, Witness, and Identity.

Mandate: 2+2=5 for as long as the Collective says so. Anyone failing to comply will be thrown under the bus.

Which brings us to Classic Liberalism V.S. Statist Progressivism.

Oversimplified hogwash.

1. Sarah Palin
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Glenn Beck
4. Jesus Christ

No Googling is allowed.

then why are liberals/progressives/socialists/communists so ANTI-CHRISTIAN......:confused:

very few are actually practicing Christians....many are atheists and secularists....or relativists.....one main reason liberals hate Christians so much is because they don't believe in absolutes.....'sins' to them are relative....thus the word of the State(man) replaces God and the Bible....

Last edited:
Every survey I have ever read lists the conservatives as more generous in charitable giving then liberals. Yet you stereotype. As if our welfare state government is somehow those who do actually work fault. Can't be that we created the out of control welfare system through good intentions. Can't be that now that we have put millions into poverty and thus a welfare state the liberals know of no what to end what they have started, and maybe there is no way.

Can't be that the "free" trade and illegal immigrants are taking the jobs of those with low skill and education. No it has to be because a guy like me who puts in 50-60 hours a week wants to hang onto what I earned. If that is greed then I just might as well become charitable and stop working. Why in the hell would I work if getting ahead is now the liberal vice, except when applied to them.

It's wonderful the conservatives give to charity, but charity is not the answer to low wages, and poverty. I give to charities too, but this is a very paternalistic way of helping the poor. No one wants to be a "charity case" and it stigmatizes children. And it doesn't help the vast majority of working poor.

Conservatives keep looking at those below them on the socio economic scale, as the problem, and they're not the problem, they're the symptom. Republicans don't want to raise the minimum wage which would help get people off government assistance. Food stamps and "earned income credits" were the sop given to the poor so that W could cut taxes to the rich, and help keep wages low for his corporate buddies. Now Republicans revile those who are receiving benefits under these programs as "takers", without noting who is receiving the most benefit from these programs.

Food stamps programs benefit the wealthy far more than the poor. The EBT cards must be used only in corporate owned stored. Mom and Pop grocery stores don't benefit, only placed like Walmart, Costco, big grocery stores, and large chain convenience stores. Only pre-packaged food can be bought with it - no fresh vegetables or fruit. Farmers can't benefit. You have to buy food which has been processed so only food processing corporations profit. Not farmers, not small businesses. Your food stamp money goes straight to the corporations.

It would be so much cheaper and easier to give people the $131 a month (the average food stamp benefit paid) in wages and let them get their groceries where they want - that's personal responsoibility. Instead you have this huge, expensive government apparatus set up which makes sure the benefits paid go straight to corporate vendors and not to farms or small business.

"Getting ahead" is difficult because nearly 95% of the wealth of the country is now in the hands of the top 20% of individuals and corporations in the US. You keep blaming the poor for taking your hard earned money, it's not the poor who are taking it, it's the rich. Conservatives keep you distracted by the crumbs being thrown the working poor, to keep you from noticing the corporate bagmen robbing you blind.

The US spends nearly a 1/3 of the budget on the military. The US currently spends more than the 15 next highest spending countries combined and the primary purpose of the military is to protect "US interests" around the world. By "US interests" read "the property of large multi-national US corporations". So 1/3 of your tax dollars go to prevent foreign governments from nationalizing assets owned by Americans and protecting American owned property abroad.

The US currently spends the highest amount of any country in the world on health care - brought to you by big US insurance, and it's ridiculous, overly complex and expensive method of dealing with claims. Every other major first world country does health care just as well, for half the cost, yet corporate America has convinced you that you're better off this way.

Why do you vote Republican? They don't care about you. It's their policies over the past 30 years that have brought the US to this point. Wages need to be brought into line with profits. If the middle class continues to lose ground to the wealthy, there will be no middle class at all.

None of those on the right who are posting in this thread are the slightest bit interested in what liberals believe. We're all lazy, shiftless commies who want others to give us free stuff. That's what you believe and nothing we say is going to change your opinion. Every time someone in this thread posts what they believe, the right wingers tell us that's false. The right wingers know what we believe, we don't. You keep losing elections because you refuse to listen to ANYTHING that liberals are saying and then you call US stupid.

The economic policies and models you idiots believe will save America, have failed miserably. Unregulated free markets always result in extreme poverty, supressed wages, and destruction of the middle class. Well regulated, mixed economies are far more successful and sustainable, and reduce poverty, improve education and support a thriving middle class, which is necessary to the success of a consumer based economy.

Liberals don't want a welfare state, they want a social safety net. The don't want dependency, they want jobs which pay a living wage. They want good schools and teachers for their children, safe neighbourhoods, and equal opportunities for all. They want good roads, public buildings which are maintained and show pride in community.

The rewording or the Constitution is just a laugh. Conservatives keep trying desperately to justify their greed, their disregard of the poor, and their contempt for government, but they come off as sad and desperate. They cling to their failed ideas about an unfettered free market and refuse to acknowledge that conservative Republican ideology is as much a failure as communism.

Just to make a few points. I am a conservative and I am sure what you would call a right winger.

In my post on this subject I said that only liberals can answer the question.

But I must say why are right wingers greedy when the left wing in Congress, at least, have the most rich? When Obama and company brag about how much more money they can raise. Why when the left will rail against rich Republicans then in the next breath laugh because Republicans win all the poor states and have the most on welfare? Why is it greedy for me to want to keep what I, ME, MYSELF, earned and not greedy for someone to take what I earned and give it to someone else? Do liberals even listen to themselves?

Every survey I have ever read lists the conservatives as more generous in charitable giving then liberals. Yet you stereotype. As if our welfare state government is somehow those who do actually work fault. Can't be that we created the out of control welfare system through good intentions. Can't be that now that we have put millions into poverty and thus a welfare state the liberals know of no what to end what they have started, and maybe there is no way.

Can't be that the "free" trade and illegal immigrants are taking the jobs of those with low skill and education. No it has to be because a guy like me who puts in 50-60 hours a week wants to hang onto what I earned. If that is greed then I just might as well become charitable and stop working. Why in the hell would I work if getting ahead is now the liberal vice, except when applied to them.

than

How many such surveys have you read? I am guessing none. You saw it posted here a time or two and never even bothered to fact check it.

I am sure that when contributions to churches are figured in......the claim can be substantiated. But please don't act as though you have researched the matter.

The rest of your comment is whining drivel.

For conservatives, it’s easy. They either place their ideology on the principle of self-ownership as written by John Locke or the no harm principle as advocated by J.S. Mill. But what does the modern day liberal trace his/her ideological principles back to? What is the foundation of their thought? It can’t be the classical liberalism of the above stated philosophers (Which calles into qustion the reason they identify as "liberals"). So who/what? Is it “From each according to his ability to each according to his need”? Certainly a modern day liberal/progressive/democrat should be able to shine some light on this question.

So Conservatives claim to base their philosophical values on 17th century liberals? I was thinking their values are more closely aligned with the person who said these things:

“If you win, you need not have to explain...If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

“What luck for rulers that men do not think.”

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”

“When diplomacy ends, War begins.”

“It is not truth that matters, but victory.”

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”

“Think Thousand times before taking a decision But - After taking decison never turn back even if you get Thousand difficulties!!”

“What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.”

“By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.”

And these:

"Greed is eternal."

"Nothing is more important than your health ... except for your money."

"War is good for business."

"Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."

"Every man has his price."

"A man is only worth the sum of his possessions."

"Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them."

"Never be afraid to mislabel a product."

"Treat people in your debt like family ... exploit them."

"Why ask, when you can take?"

"A good lie is easier to believe than the truth."

Forum List

Back