What Shot the Malaysian Airliner Down

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
800px-Buk-M1-2_air_defence_system_in_2010.jpg

Thanks to one of the military bloggers I scan daily, here is the system supposedly used to shoot down the airplane. This certainly doesn't appear to be something someone just gets hold of and knows how to use. Far too sophisticated.

Makes one think who was really behind this.

Read more @ SA-11/17 Buk Missile System | Bring the heat, Bring the Stupid

The guess is an SA 11, it has the capability and there are several such systems in the area.
Russia and the Ukraine have them around, but no one is sure if the rebels have them or not.
The aircraft came down in range of both sets of missiles.
Some long distance pictures claiming to be rebels driving the launcher unit turned up, but there's nothing to confirm this and the film was uploaded after the shooting down.
A week ago, Ukrainian forces were photographed with these things in rebel areas, but the rebels have no aircraft, so why would the Ukrainians want them there?

This story is muddied by claims, counter claims and a lot of bullshit.
It's going to be hard to find out what really happened.

It was a pigeon with a grenade attached to his foot.

It was a pigeon with a grenade attached to his foot.

Even the pigeon would need the OK from the guy in Moscow.

As a number of cargo aircraft were shot down recently in the same area, and Russian terrorists took credit, and provided proof, these dots are easy to connect. Add in Putin's "condemnation" stating Russian separatists are justified in such acts..........because of Ukraine.

Thanks to one of the military bloggers I scan daily
You didn't need to scan military blogs to find this info, articles on the same day as the shoot down were saying it was Buk missile system and journalists saw one in the rebel area.

Buk Missile Suspected in Malaysia Plane Disaster - ABC News
A launcher similar to the Buk system was seen earlier in the day by Associated Press journalists in a rebel-held section of eastern Ukraine — lending credence to concerns that the rebels have more powerful weaponry than had been believed.

Speculation is the rebels could operate these since they had many veterans of Soviet and Ukrainian militaries, including air-defense units.

You didn't need to scan military blogs to find this info, articles on the same day as the shoot down were saying it was Buk missile system and journalists saw one in the rebel area.

A launcher similar to the Buk system was seen earlier in the day by Associated Press journalists in a rebel-held section of eastern Ukraine — lending credence to concerns that the rebels have more powerful weaponry than had been believed.

Speculation is the rebels could operate these since they had many veterans of Soviet and Ukrainian militaries, including air-defense units.
Your link has no photo of what the buk looks like. This image helps others to understand what the system is.

Your link has no photo of what the buk looks like. This image helps others to understand what the system is.

Thank you. That is exactly why I posted it. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back