Zone1 What should be done if you encounter sex abuse from someone in your church

What should you do if you encounter sex abuse from someone in your church?

• Speak first to your church authorities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Say nothing to anybody

• Don't have an opinion

• Total voters

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
I have seen many videos on sex abuse allegations of members in many different churches. What I find strange is that many will go to leaders of their church first and some church leaders will attempt to cover up the incident so that their church will save face. It is my personal belief that everyone should first take it to the police before taking it to their church authorities. What are your feelings on this topic? I don't think any church can control the behaviors of all their members perfectly and can find abuse within their members or clergy. However, some clergy tend to want to protect the name of their church over bringing justice to the victim and I find that horrifying when they attempt to cover up the situation and not call the police.

Last edited:
I have seen many videos of sex abuse allegations of members in many different churches. What I find strange is that many will go to leaders of their church first and some church leaders will attempt to cover up the incident so that their church will save face. It is my personal belief that everyone should first take it to the police before taking it to their church authorities. What are your feelings on this topic? I don't think any church can control the behaviors of all their members perfectly and can find abuse within their members or clergy. However, some clergy tend to want to protect the name of their church over bringing justice to the victim and I find that horrifying when they attempt to cover up the situation and not call the police.
woodchipper,,

I have seen many videos on sex abuse allegations of members in many different churches. What I find strange is that many will go to leaders of their church first and some church leaders will attempt to cover up the incident so that their church will save face. It is my personal belief that everyone should first take it to the police before taking it to their church authorities. What are your feelings on this topic? I don't think any church can control the behaviors of all their members perfectly and can find abuse within their members or clergy. However, some clergy tend to want to protect the name of their church over bringing justice to the victim and I find that horrifying when they attempt to cover up the situation and not call the police.
Speak first to the police.

Then when they take the church's side take to the streets.

1716859419748.png

If the child abuse is severe (bloody genetals) you call an ambulance, police, and Child Protection Services hotline.

And in that order....

If it's just suspected and not obvious or confirmed then just call CPS. If you catch someone actively abusing the child...then you rescue the child in any manner necessary to stop the immediate abuse.
You can touch the perpetrator in a special way only a mercenary....errrr....emissary of God can to rescue the child and make the child safe.

After the child is safe...then Nursery/associate pastor can be told. But not before the phone calls are made and someone helping you can keep the child safe.

Happened one Easter Morning when changing a baby's diaper the little baby girl's genetals were nothing but a big bloody wound. So we made the phone calls and explained to mom and dad what we did. "dad" bugged out. "mom" was an idiot and was bewildered by what we did.
But we weren't giving them the baby and we did not want to get charged with kidnapping or as abusers. So...pastor was given an after-action report. The parents were visitors in that they were never there before that Sunday.

Not completely sure of the situation, but if my child was abused, you would have a hard time keeping me away from my baby. Call the cops. Call CPS. Call anybody you want, but I'm gonna go to my kid if she has been hurt.

It wasn't severe abuse, only grabbing and groping, but I didn't tell anybody, even my parents.

I watched the following video and it came across that the JW's seem to teach their members to go to their church leaders first so they can council them to not contact the police so as not to tarnish the image of their church. If you are a Jehovah Witness can you speak to this as to whether you are allowed to contact the police in such situations without loosing your salvation.

Call the White House so Joe can do a sniff test on the kiddo.

Either that or send them to public school where that sort of thing has become normalized.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back