What should everyone be told when in contact with police officers?

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Texas
When in contact with a police officer many things seem like common sense to most of us; but many do not have the ability to reason. With the media attacking police with "cut and splice" videos perhaps these actions of common sense should be listed for those that do not understand what is expected of them.

1. Do not run from the police.

2. Do not attack the police.

3. When stopped by the police identify yourself, keep your hands on the steering wheel, and do not make quick moves to the glove box or under the seat.

4. Do not flash a weapon or attack officer with such weapon.

5. If you have just committed a felony and an officer stops you. Slowly exit the vehicle with your hands open to show no weapon. Slowly lay face down on the payment with arms straight out and palms up. Cross your ankles.

6. Follow all instructions given by the officer.

These things seem very sensible to most people but to some it is very difficult to understand. This list should be on every driving test. This list should be spoke on every media station. They should be taught in schools. A police officer's intention is to come home to his family after a work night.

Depends on whether you're black or white.

I'm white so I have no concerns at all. Even if I have committed a crime, I will be treated with respect and my constitutional rights will be granted without question. I will get due process and I will arrive in court without so much as a smudge on my person.

Black?

A squirt gun will get you killed. Following orders and reaching for your dirver's license will get you killed. Little kid in the park, playing with a gun? Dead. Thinking about buying a BB gun? Dead. Hands up? Dead. Running away? Shot dead in the back. "Horseplay" at a pool party? Assault and you're damn lucky to get out a live.

I forgot, how many people were killed by Police while reaching into their glove compartment? How many people were killed holding a BB gun? The 2013 stats are in. While your ungrateful hypocrite asses were griping about the Police it seems that 27 Police Officer heroes died protecting your life down from 46 in 2012. Seven were ambushed, 3 were killed while responding to suspicious persons, 3 died in traffic pursuits, and 4 were killed by armed robbers.

I forgot, how many people were killed by Police while reaching into their glove compartment? How many people were killed holding a BB gun? The 2013 stats are in. While your ungrateful hypocrite asses were griping about the Police it seems that 27 Police Officer heroes died protecting your life down from 46 in 2012. Seven were ambushed, 3 were killed while responding to suspicious persons, 3 died in traffic pursuits, and 4 were killed by armed robbers.

Though not the most dangerous, there is no doubt that being a cop carries enormous risk. They're underpaid and under appreciated.

Those issues should be addressed but they're no excuse for brutality and murder.

I'm white so I have no concerns at all. Even if I have committed a crime, I will be treated with respect and my constitutional rights will be granted without question. I will get due process and I will arrive in court without so much as a smudge on my person.

Black?

A squirt gun will get you killed. Following orders and reaching for your dirver's license will get you killed. Little kid in the park, playing with a gun? Dead. Thinking about buying a BB gun? Dead. Hands up? Dead. Running away? Shot dead in the back. "Horseplay" at a pool party? Assault and you're damn lucky to get out a live.
That's a bunch of bullshit. Go running around fighting the cops and resisting arrest you'll end up dead too. And rightfully so.

Black?

That's a bunch of bullshit. Go running around fighting the cops and resisting arrest you'll end up dead too. And rightfully so.

Nope.

Cops are not judge, jury and executioner.

Across the board, the things that cops are killing for are not capital crimes.

No excuse for killing in retaliation for "resisting arrest", running away, following orders, carrying a toy gun, considering buying a BB gun ...

Luckily, more and more of these nutter cops are on video.

If they're not doing wrong, they are protected by those videos.

Black?

Nope.

Cops are not judge, jury and executioner.

Across the board, the things that cops are killing for are not capital crimes.

No excuse for killing in retaliation for "resisting arrest", running away, following orders, carrying a toy gun, considering buying a BB gun ...

Luckily, more and more of these nutter cops are on video.

If they're not doing wrong, they are protected by those videos.
Yet not one single conviction yet. Obviously they aren't doing wrong.

Though not the most dangerous, there is no doubt that being a cop carries enormous risk. They're underpaid and under appreciated.

Those issues should be addressed but they're no excuse for brutality and murder.

But there is no excuse offered. When Police Officers are guilty of brutality or murder they are arrested and tried. The same can't be said for the felons who murdered 27 Police Officers in the line of duty in 2013 and 46 in 2012. Of the 27 slain Heroes 25 Officers were White, 2 were Black and 2 were female. Does that feed into any left wing racist concept?

Last edited:
actually, their risks of death on the job are MUCH less than that of fireman, farmer, truck driver, almost EVERY other profession, actually. but if they CARE about the job and people, it's a soul-killing sort of thing

actually, their risks of death on the job are MUCH less than that of fireman, farmer, truck driver, almost EVERY other profession, actually. but if they CARE about the job and people, it's a soul-killing sort of thing

I am a farmer now and there is danger running equipment. As a cop I was well trained and armed to defend myself. Very strange thing to say "it's a soul-killing thing". Please explain what you mean.

Black?

That is a good rule of thumb, but not 100% accurate in all cases. When younger, I've had my ass kicked by the police because I wouldn't admit to running a stop sign when I had been no where near that stop sign. To be fair, it was a mostly white neighborhood, and perhaps there just weren't enough black asses to go around,

Black?

That is a good rule of thumb, but not 100% accurate in all cases. When younger, I've had my ass kicked by the police because I wouldn't admit to running a stop sign when I had been no where near that stop sign. To be fair, it was a mostly white neighborhood, and perhaps there just weren't enough black asses to go around,

you should not tell such non-sense as there are some that will believe you.

soul-killing, in the sort of things that cops see people do to each other, and you have to do your best to not just take a machete to the pos's who sorely need it.

Who ya gonna call when you hear that bump in the night, 9-11 or a truck driver you freaking hypocrite? Twenty five (white) and two (black) Police Officer were killed in the line of duty in 2013 protecting your idiot ass.

Who ya gonna call when you hear that bump in the night, 9-11 or a truck driver you freaking hypocrite? Twenty five (white) and two (black) Police Officer were killed in the line of duty in 2013 protecting your idiot ass.

You do understand that is the job they chose don't you? I wouldn't call a cop to drive a truck either.

I don't call the cops when it's just a 'bump in the night". I get up with the pistol, don the armor and the electronic muffs, turn on the lights and go check things out. If I KNOW that invaders are present, I MIGHT or might not call the cops. Probably have the wife do so, as I (stealthily) go get our daughter and return to the master bedroom). I switched the "living room" into being the master bedroom, so that our daughter's room is NOT 'down the hall". Once she's old enough to be black belt (ie, age 13 or so) she will have her room moved so as to have more privacy. Once she's 15, she'll have her own pistol in her bedroom, but it will be secured in the house when she leaves for school.

do NOT do anything that the cop has not told you to do. Jumping out of the car, without being told to exit, will scare and cop and might even get you shot.

Forum List

Back