What should everyone be told when in contact with police officers?

Depends on whether you're black or white.

I'm white so I have no concerns at all. Even if I have committed a crime, I will be treated with respect and my constitutional rights will be granted without question. I will get due process and I will arrive in court without so much as a smudge on my person.

Black?

A squirt gun will get you killed. Following orders and reaching for your dirver's license will get you killed. Little kid in the park, playing with a gun? Dead. Thinking about buying a BB gun? Dead. Hands up? Dead. Running away? Shot dead in the back. "Horseplay" at a pool party? Assault and you're damn lucky to get out a live.

That is a good rule of thumb, but not 100% accurate in all cases. When younger, I've had my ass kicked by the police because I wouldn't admit to running a stop sign when I had been no where near that stop sign. To be fair, it was a mostly white neighborhood, and perhaps there just weren't enough black asses to go around,

So you finally admit to being a negro.

Sorry buddy, but I'm lily white. If there were enough blacks to go around, he might not have had to kick my ass to complete his quota.

So wait a minute...did you leave your white privilege card at home?
I never leave home without it myself.

I have no doubt he would have preferred a black ass to kick, but since I was the only one there.......

Forum List

Back