🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What the Data Reveal about "Gaps"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
"Murray disputes the fashionable assumptions “that all groups are equal in the ways that shape economic, social, and political outcomes,” and that “therefore all differences in group outcomes are artificial and indefensible.” These assumptions are “factually wrong,” he maintains. Rather, racial inequalities in a range of social indicators—such as health, wealth, occupation, educational attainment, and the composition and quality of schools and neighborhoods—can be traced most immediately to significantly greater rates of African criminal behavior and significantly lower average African intellectual ability. The existence and potent influence of these factors, explains Murray, undermine the claim that American society is pervasively and irredeemably riddled with racism."

That Charles Murray guy really sticks his foot in it, doesn't he? First, The Bell Curve, and now this.

It's a 'chicken/egg' thing. 'Cause and effect' as well. Hard to 'monday morning quarterback' this thing. Very complicated. :biggrin:

Two-working parent households are likely to have twice the income of single-working parent households.

Not if only one works. I didn't want my wives working when the kids needed the attention.
I didn’t know polygamy was legal!

Joking aside, there are more benefits than just increased income with a stable, two-parent family. Even when the mother doesn’t work, which was the pattern during my childhood in the 60s, the kids benefitted from having Mom at home when they got home from school, providing stability, along with a well-balanced dinner on the table when Dad walked in the door at 6 pm.

The difference in “gaps” is cultural, and not innate. That’s why African immigrants, as opposed to African-Americans, don’t have these big achievement and wealth gaps with white Americans.

Forum List

Back