What the DJIA drop of nearly 2,000 points what will that mean to tax revenues in 2017 and beyond?

Drop in oil prices rocks producer states, triggers historic tax hike plan in Alaska | Fox News

I used Fox News because you rubes believe its news you can trust.

The plunge in oil prices has given a needed break to drivers this holiday season, but it’s causing some real pain in states that rely on oil revenue to fuel their economies and shore up their budgets.

Perhaps nowhere is the impact more pronounced than in Alaska, where Gov. Bill Walker is proposing a raft of new taxes, including the first personal income tax in over three decades, along with budget cuts to offset the damage from the price drop for the oil-reliant state.

When oil prices were high, the rubes blamed Obama. When they started plunging, we had a lot of laughs as they scrambled to explain how that was a bad thing. Those without the memories of goldfish remember. Fun times.

When oil prices were high, the rubes blamed Obama. When they started plunging, we had a lot of laughs as they scrambled to explain how that was a bad thing. Those without the memories of goldfish remember. Fun times.

Just like the far left blamed Bush for having the Saudi royals in his pocket!

Silly far left drones!

As Rabbi said, we are overdue for a recession. We've had an amazing long run of growth.

China's economy has been plunging for a while, and they have been playing currency games to hide their implosion. Russia has been in a deep recession for a while because of the oil crash. Saudi Arabia is about to experience some problems due to lower oil prices, and that will make them more vulnerable to internal strife by extremists.

We're still the cleanest shirt in a pile of dirty shirts. The scale of impact during any downturn will be determined by all the financial derivatives hanging out there in the wind. Tens upon tens of trillions of nominal dollars of interest rate swaps, trillions more credit default swaps, and so forth. And then there's the astronomical bond bubble the Fed has been feeding.

Some of that shit may unwind us into another big crash. All it will take is a couple of shocks to the system and the herd will stampede.

Silly far left drones!
We've had a close relationship with the Saudis since the 30s. We continued that relationship all through the Cold War for strategic reasons. It's all about the oil.

If we were energy dependent, we would not have given a flying fuck about the Middle East and their problems.

Bush did what he had to do to maintain our oil habit. I don't fault him for that at all.

Even now, our relationship with Saudi Arabia is key to putting the screws to Putin. And it's working. You just don't see Obama holding hands with them because the idiot rubes like you would think that proves he's a Muslim.

Silly far left drones!
We've had a close relationship with the Saudis since the 30s. We continued that relationship all through the Cold War for strategic reasons. It's all about the oil.

If we were energy dependent, we would not have given a flying fuck about the Middle East and their problems.

Bush did what he had to do to maintain our oil habit. I don't fault him for that at all.

Even now, our relationship with Saudi Arabia is key to putting the screws to Putin. And it's working. You just don't see Obama holding hands with them because the idiot rubes like you would think that proves he's a Muslim.

And the far left drone narrative comes out without question or hesitation..

Yu can thank the far left for the US not being energy independent, that is why you should never vote far left..

And the ME will always be a problem as ISIS and other groups keep proving..

More far left religious dogma shot down..

Dropping oil prices will also affect revenues.

it will affect oil company revenues negatively and the revenues of every company that uses oil positively. Cheap energy is a good thing, I know you libs don't understand that, but its true.
Lucky for me I am not a lib and also know more about economics than you.

actually you know less about every possible subject than I do. But enjoy your fantasy.

flawed premise, the DOW is not going to drop 2000 points.
It's dropped nearly 1,000 just this week.

OK, great. I think it will come back up and not drop to 14,000. But if I am wrong it will present a very good buying opportunity.

Just curious, why do you celebrate when the market goes down?
What makes you think I am celebrating? I merely stated a fact of which you appeared unaware.

I'm not one of the piss drinking rubes who cheers all bad news as a chance to blame Obama for something else.

I am quite aware of the market moves every day. I buy and sell almost every day. I am one of those evil rich guys.

As to Obama being responsible, every president his held responsible for what happens on his watch, that's just the way it is.

OK, great. I think it will come back up and not drop to 14,000. But if I am wrong it will present a very good buying opportunity.

What makes you think I am celebrating? I merely stated a fact of which you appeared unaware.

I'm not one of the piss drinking rubes who cheers all bad news as a chance to blame Obama for something else.

I am quite aware of the market moves every day. I buy and sell almost every day. I am one of those evil rich guys.

I seriously doubt that. Seriously, seriously doubt that.

At most, you have a Scottrade or TD Ameritrade account you tinker with occasionally.

low energy prices are never bad (except for the oil companies). I thought you hated the oil companies, why are you bitching when they lose profit dollars?

so noted, and ignored. doubt or believe whatever you wish, I don't really give a shit what you doubt or believe.

so noted, and ignored. doubt or believe whatever you wish, I don't really give a shit what you doubt or believe.
Okay, Scottrade boi. :lol:

As Rabbi said, we are overdue for a recession. We've had an amazing long run of growth.

China's economy has been plunging for a while, and they have been playing currency games to hide their implosion. Russia has been in a deep recession for a while because of the oil crash. Saudi Arabia is about to experience some problems due to lower oil prices, and that will make them more vulnerable to internal strife by extremists.

We're still the cleanest shirt in a pile of dirty shirts. The scale of impact during any downturn will be determined by all the financial derivatives hanging out there in the wind. Tens upon tens of trillions of nominal dollars of interest rate swaps, trillions more credit default swaps, and so forth. And then there's the astronomical bond bubble the Fed has been feeding.

Some of that shit may unwind us into another big crash. All it will take is a couple of shocks to the system and the herd will stampede.

We've had a mediocre economy.
It could have been better if we didn't have a President that hated capitalists. Hated profits.
Obama told us he would like to see 1,400 companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes while employing 450,000 people go out of business!
Obama told us he'd like to see higher gas prices. Or companies go bankrupt. He told us that family doctors make $50,000 cutting off a diabetics foot.
But Obama told us he was going to see the destruction of our country.

Obama told us he would like to see 1,400 companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes while employing 450,000 people go out of business!

Nope.

Obama told us:
Obama has said:"I prefer single payer health system"
What does he think will happen to the 1,400 health insurance companies that have 450,000 employees that pay $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local/property taxes will do if there is JUST ONE payer?

Obama told us he'd like to see higher gas prices.

Nope. Strike two.

Harwood: So, could these high prices help us?
Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly U.S. automakers, then I think, ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.
The claim that won’t die: Did Obama want higher gas prices?

Strike three!

Obama said in 2008 that he planned to “Fundamentally Transform America.”

If you "transform America" from what it is, then what happens to America as it was? It's destroyed.
You can't have it both ways. In MY America NO president would EVER EVER tell the guys intent on killing Americans that our military as Obama said..
"Air raiding villages , killing civilians"! What kind of IDIOT tells the enemies of the USA that our military is the bad guy i.e. we intentional kill civilians?

NO Obama wants to destroy America because he doesn't like an America that puts the individual ahead of the state..that he runs!

Obama said that he wanted energy prices to "skyrocket". Please libs, explain how the economy is helped if an average family's energy bills double and they have less money for other things. I would really like to understand how you think that would work.

Nope.

Obama told us:
What does he think will happen to the 1,400 health insurance companies that have 450,000 employees that pay $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local/property taxes will do if there is JUST ONE payer?

Nope. Strike two.

Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly U.S. automakers, then I think, ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.

Strike three!

If you "transform America" from what it is, then what happens to America as it was? It's destroyed.

Nope. Every candidate has promised change. Every one.

Nope.

Obama told us:

Nope. Strike two.

Strike three!

myth never changes Jockeys or socks fundamentally transforming personal hygiene.

Last edited:
05/19/15 Close at 18,312.39, this is the historical DJIA closing high
01/07/16 16,543.51 Real-time: 2:02PM ES

See just Clinton did when he left office he had a nearly $5 trillion loss in market value due to the dot.com
bust. Guess what that meant? Lower tax revenues because theses losses were deducted from tax payments in the ensuing years.

This continuing decline in the DJIA WILL translate into losses taken by tax payers in 2017.
But with even a GOP president, this will mean LOWER tax revenue for years to come!
I have a solution: Universal Healthcare. .. bear with me....

1. Immediate relief of the equivalent in a 2nd mortgage in premiums and deductibles to American families.

2. That saved money enters the market in consumption. Demand increases and so do profits and so does hiring...creating a bigger tax base.

3. Entrepreneurs no longer fear starting up businesses because of expensive/prohibitive worker's comp and insurance outlays. GDP increases, so does hiring, again.

4. Greater trade offsets in increased GDP increases the overall economy, increasing tax revenues further.

5. Enact by Article 1, Section 8, using the premise that protecting human life and health is as necessary as fire prevention and the military protection.

6. Tax tobacco, alcohol and sugars (three main sickeners/killers) at the cash register to create a pool. Require small deductibles each clinic visit to compensate for actual routine costs, and to deter over-visits (hypochondriacs draining the system).

7. Premium healthcare insurance is still available privately, should you wish.

See...I've thought this through. Wish others would. Or, we can just ,keep pandering to the tiny group of people cutting their own throats trying to keep the health racket alive for their short-term personal benefit and watch our country continue its downward spiral until nobody here has wealth anymore.

Nope.

Obama told us:

Nope. Strike two.

Strike three!

Change. Not transformation! Big difference!
Not every candidate wants to put 1,400 companies out of business un-employing 450,000 people and losing $100 billion in tax revenues.
Obama makes that statement every time he says like all the other idiots "I prefer a single payment system"! Dummies!

NOT every candidates wants to bankrupt utilities as Obama boasted "if you want to use coal it will bankrupt you"! Dummies like him NEVER figured on the
consequences. Just it sounds good!

NOT every candidate lied about family doctors amputating feet to make $50,000! Obama did. Either out of ignorance which is inexcusable or just plain lying!
He said that.
That's the problem I've had with Obama he opens his mouth before thinking about the consequences!
American military "air-raiding villages, killing civilians" he said and the consequences were our troops were killed by insurgents who were justified by Obama's statement!
"See those evil Americans killing civilians"... Kill them before they kill more civilians"... Is exactly what those barbarians said to recruit!

Forum List

Back