What the election showed

7. Obamacare is now safe

It's the Reps own fault. They had both houses and the WH for almost 2 years...and still could not come up with an alternative. This, even though for years they swore up and down they would kill it the first chance they got.

Obamacare's survival is as much the fault of the Right as the Left.

Last edited:
I am an independent who desperately wants Trump out of power because he is a self-serving, emotionally disturbed, manchild.

Both parties are horrific...so once Trump is gone, I will probably go back to not caring that much who wins. I 'just' want a balanced budget, a smaller military, all American troops home, MUCH better healthcare for the poor, better gun control, a dead Fed and for the government to leave the damn economy alone.

Having typed that...last night was not a 'blue wave'. But it was a Democrat victory in both 'Houses'. They won the House outright and gained a seat in the Senate (the latter despite FAR more Dem Senators were up for re-election than Rep ones, 26-9).

The message was clear from America...despite the 'booming' economy (which is by NO MEANS 'booming'), most Americans don't like/despise Trump.

Barring a war - he is clearly, politically doomed in 2020.

Good.

Last edited:
I don't think women are dividing on marital status lines. They are dividing on socio econ lines ... and geographical. And Millenials are equally put off by Trumpism as are Latinos .. but neither may vote.

We are becoming increasingly divided as we become more diverse.

The other question is what happens after Trump, either in 2021 or 2025.

One thing dems have to pray doesn't happen is a large municipal default in one of the big 5 or so cities. If that happens and either pensions get cut, or taxes go through the roof with cut services, and then we will see if the urban population stays in the Dem pocket.

Like the big recession won't hit before that. Trillion dollar deficit in this fiscal year?, more trade wars, The looming disaster at the border, etc etc etc

recessions happen all the time, not sure if there are signs of one in the next two years.

And the border thing will hurt Dems more than Republicans.

Now a city like Chicago defaulting would be entirely something else, and 100% the fault of the Democratic Party.
I don’t think most Americans lose much sleep over the border
Even those who live near it don’t want a wall

Says a coastal elitist douchebag....
The only ones who care about the border are racist conservative gun nuts who live a thousand miles away

7. Obamacare is now safe

It's the Reps own fault. They had both houses and the WH for almost 2 years...and still could not come up with an alternative. This, even though they swore up and down they would kill it the first chance they got.

Obamacare's survival is as much the fault of the Right as the Left.
Republicans know that supporting a healthcare plan will kill them with their base

“This election marks the largest Senate gains for a president's party in a first midterm election since at least President Kennedy’s in 1962. There have been only 4 midterm elections since 1934 in which a president’s party has gained even a single Senate seat.”

Fluke

Dems defended 26 seats
Republicans defended 9

Not hard to pick up seats
"While losing the house is a setback, the average President loses 37 seats in his first midterm

Obama lost 63, Clinton lost 53, Trump lost 26

Advancing in the Senate by 5 seats is historic, and shows the movement is stronger than ever!"
Neither faced the intensely Gerrymandered House that today’s Dems did

They needed to win by seven percent just to break even

1. Democrats did a great organizational job to take a severely Gerrymandered House
2. Trump did a great job in organizing his base to increase the number of Senate seats
3. Republicans did what is necessary to win close contests
4. Republicans held their stronghold in the South but Dems showed that formerly solid Red states like Georgia, Texas and Arizona are up for grabs
5. For 2020, Florida and Ohio still showed they are leaning red but Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin drifted back to blue

Great, bipartisan wrap up, IMO.

We need more of this around here. Especially from the Right as this is a right-dominated board.

Last edited:
And jeopardize coverage for pre-existing conditions that Republicans have to fix

A collapse in healthcare will bring down Republicans in 2020

No, that will save americans hundreds of billions.
And throw tens of millions to the wolves

You may be dying, but we are saving money

Good campaign slogan

Giving back billions of taxes to americans so they can take care of themselves. I know. Thats horrible.

Why stop there? Everyone should finance their own armed forces, rather than depend on the government to provide that....

You do understand this? We pay taxes for our national defense.

"8 begins the enumerated powers of the federal government delegated to Congress. The first is the power to tax and to spend the money raised by taxes, to provide for the nation's defense and general welfare."

I think that everyone paying for their own defense makes every bit as much sense as your post that we should all pay for our own health services. After all, if you can raise $2,000,000 to fight your own cancer, paying for your own armed forces should not be much of a stretch.

Dem's lied pretending to be right leaning moderates just like they did in 2008. After Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters force these so called moderate Dem's to vote for the bat shit crazy liberal agenda they will be wiped out in 2020 just like they were in 2010. :auiqs.jpg:
Republicans lied saying they loved Obamacare and would protect it for their constituents...or do they like it now?

The other question is what happens after Trump, either in 2021 or 2025.

One thing dems have to pray doesn't happen is a large municipal default in one of the big 5 or so cities. If that happens and either pensions get cut, or taxes go through the roof with cut services, and then we will see if the urban population stays in the Dem pocket.

Like the big recession won't hit before that. Trillion dollar deficit in this fiscal year?, more trade wars, The looming disaster at the border, etc etc etc

recessions happen all the time, not sure if there are signs of one in the next two years.

Now a city like Chicago defaulting would be entirely something else, and 100% the fault of the Democratic Party.

The only ones who care about the border are racist conservative gun nuts who live a thousand miles away

Derp.

Derp.
Dork

“This election marks the largest Senate gains for a president's party in a first midterm election since at least President Kennedy’s in 1962. There have been only 4 midterm elections since 1934 in which a president’s party has gained even a single Senate seat.”

Blah blah blah

The Democrats had more seats up for election and there were quite a few seats won in Red States because they were elected in the same election that Obama won a second term.

Trump called it an almost complete victory. I guess if the democrats had won the senate, too, it would have been complete.

Trump lost fewer seats in his 1st midterm than Obama, Clinton, and many other presidents. Trump gain seats in the Senate dishing some whoopass onto Dem's. So much for your blue wave :auiqs.jpg:

Trump called it an almost complete victory. I guess if the democrats had won the senate, too, it would have been complete.

Trump lost fewer seats in his 1st midterm than Obama, Clinton, and many other presidents. Trump gain seats in the Senate dishing some whoopass onto Dem's. So much for your blue wave :auiqs.jpg:

Actually, Trump lost the House on purpose. He got tired of winning.

Dem's taking control of the House was a win for Trump now he can blame them and said that's exactly what he intends to do in his press conference yesterday, enjoy! :muahaha:

Dem's taking control of the House was a win for Trump now he can blame them and said that's exactly what he intends to do in his press conference yesterday, enjoy! :muahaha:

Didn't you used to run the Tilt-A-Whirl at the county fair?

Didn't you used to run the Tilt-A-Whirl at the county fair?

Yes before I joined the 3%, now I mock the left while I hoard my wealth.

Dems got the House and Pelosi is calling the shots

How many times can he say...Witch Hunt?

Forum List

Back