What the Sam Hell is Area 51 up to?

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Take a look at Area 51 using Google maps, using the satellite feature, tell me the reason for this airfield:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&ll=37.841721,-116.728964&spn=0.022144,0.042315&t=k&hl=en

If you focus and zoom in on the grey area to the South, this huge marking looks like a nuclear warning symbol, painted on a gargentian paved circle in the middle of a sand flat, surrounded by mystifying markings to the North, and all this surrounded by reduced visibility due to a zone of mountains and government controlled roads anywhere within 50 miles of this flat land.

I've yet to hear a good explanation for these very unconventional markings. The features of this sand flat clearly lack the aspects of a conventional runway for any modern US military aircraft. The only clear runway visible is surely too narrow and short to accomodate any high altitude spy aircraft, let alone a civlian 747:

(At the same Zoom level)

Area 51:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&ll=37.839704,-116.738663&spn=0.011072,0.021157&t=k&hl=en

Portland Airport:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&ll=45.587254,-122.576694&spn=0.011072,0.021157&t=k&hl=en

What's most significant about these airfields is the notion that I can zoom out, and see the California coastline before I lose track of exactly where these Area 51 markings are visible from the sky.

Anyway, you have to admit this is an interesting oddity. And I, for one, welcome our flying saucer visitors, and will even buy them a beer for the long trip.

Yeah, but isn't this crazy? I mean the two black circles, completely independent of the entire continent, are part of either Google Maps' plan, to mayble provide intrigue, or some U.S. engineers' plan, who are on the ground and blacking this out for some reason.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Area 51 WAS a super secret test site. Now its a show place and designed for speculation by nosy people and other governments.

If it was really secret there would be no satelite photos taken of the area and published publicly. Can we all say decoy? If the US were in contact with aliens they are not at area 51.

gaffer said:
Area 51 WAS a super secret test site. Now its a show place and designed for speculation by nosy people and other governments.

If it was really secret there would be no satelite photos taken of the area and published publicly. Can we all say decoy? If the US were in contact with aliens they are not at area 51.

:clap: :clap:

It is the staging point for the GOP's army of 700 foot-tall Jesus Robots, which will soon scour the nation with their laser-death-beam guns, all according to the plans of the wise Master.

gaffer said:
If it was really secret there would be no satelite photos taken of the area and published publicly.

The US government is no longer the only entity with satellites encirling the globe. DOH!

area 51 is about as secret as paris hilton's sex life. The real secret area is area 65. Of course i have no location for it or substantial evidence to prove it exists but its there i tell ya.

Well since area 51 does not exist and is patrolled by security that has deadly force authorization for anyone who enters illegally...hey why not extend the area to the southern border with Mexico...say ten miles inland from all border markers...let V.Fox and his army of federalities explain to their army of illegal immigrants to the US why this is no longer a option in making the US a Mexican Empire...what the hey anyone have a better idea? :bat:

Seriously, all this joking around still doesn't explain the reason for the two blacked-out circles in Area 51 I linked to above. I asked earlier whether this was a google edit, or something that is actually being blacked out from view on the ground?

I feel it would be interesting to raise this conspiracy theory to another degree, based on my own followup to that question.

Notice the original satelight image using Google also shows what are apparently identical sized, dual circular impressions to the SW from the original position of the mysterious black circles... scroll down and to the left using this link to see what apparently empty, circular craters identical to the blacked out twins linked here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&ll=37.915878,-116.783810&spn=0.044289,0.084629&t=k&hl=en

Now, to answer the original question above, are these circles censored from Google or are they blacked out from the ground level, I enlisted the use of NASA.

I'd like to direct cynics to a seperate satelight picture taken using NASA's NLT Landsat 7, which is downloadable using the public 'World Wind' software, and found this image, taken at a seperate time from Google's own acquired satelight, and found something quite remarkable:

116.bmp

Despite the resolution, the second satelight photo now shows both circles blacked out, clearly a change due to ground activity, and not some form of censorship within googles map function.

And as mentioned earlier, if the government was really trying to hide such activity, why do they blur out the Capitol building, and photoshop the White House roof, and yet leave area 51 relatively untouched?

Isn't the best way to hide something, is to keep it in plain sight?

Really, this could be a stimulating discussion, if someone would only check my links and explain the circles...

Call it an experiment among the non-conspiracy theorists here to address my images and explain them as rational. :teeth:

when flying over this part of the country you see circles like that all the time. Usually, they are one of two things....

either some kind of holding areas for runoff (chemical, sewer water, etc.) or they are growing something and the cirlcles are made because the watering pipe used goes in a circle starting from the center. You see these a lot in the ME too.

dilloduck said:
score dude!---you answered it--now we just gotta figure out what they're growing there !! (besides pot for thier private stash)

I am more likely it is storage of jet-fuel runoff, or sewage treatment. Being that far out, they ain't on the city's system.

Comrade said:
Seriously, all this joking around still doesn't explain the reason for the two blacked-out circles in Area 51 I linked to above. I asked earlier whether this was a google edit, or something that is actually being blacked out from view on the ground?

I feel it would be interesting to raise this conspiracy theory to another degree, based on my own followup to that question.

Notice the original satelight image using Google also shows what are apparently identical sized, dual circular impressions to the SW from the original position of the mysterious black circles... scroll down and to the left using this link to see what apparently empty, circular craters identical to the blacked out twins linked here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&ll=37.915878,-116.783810&spn=0.044289,0.084629&t=k&hl=en

Now, to answer the original question above, are these circles censored from Google or are they blacked out from the ground level, I enlisted the use of NASA.

I'd like to direct cynics to a seperate satelight picture taken using NASA's NLT Landsat 7, which is downloadable using the public 'World Wind' software, and found this image, taken at a seperate time from Google's own acquired satelight, and found something quite remarkable:

116.bmp

Despite the resolution, the second satelight photo now shows both circles blacked out, clearly a change due to ground activity, and not some form of censorship within googles map function.

And as mentioned earlier, if the government was really trying to hide such activity, why do they blur out the Capitol building, and photoshop the White House roof, and yet leave area 51 relatively untouched?

Isn't the best way to hide something, is to keep it in plain sight?

Really, this could be a stimulating discussion, if someone would only check my links and explain the circles...

Call it an experiment among the non-conspiracy theorists here to address my images and explain them as rational. :teeth:

Hey, you REALLY want to be freaked out?

The two on the bottom left; if you click on your link, they are now brown cirlcles and not black....

Actually, they look like they funnel down, so I am guessing they are some kind of water, fuel, etc. storage retainers. There is a chemical plant in Henderson, NV that has squares like this that they store chemicals in until they evaporate.

maps

freeandfun1 said:
Hey, you REALLY want to be freaked out?

The two on the bottom left; if you click on your link, they are now brown cirlcles and not black....

Actually, they look like they funnel down, so I am guessing they are some kind of water, fuel, etc. storage retainers. There is a chemical plant in Henderson, NV that has squares like this that they store chemicals in until they evaporate.

maps

Black and brown from here. If you zoom in, the brown one looks sort of legit, but the black on has a brown dot in the middle. :tinfoil:

Said1 said:
Black and brown from here. If you zoom in, the brown one looks sort of legit, but the black on has a brown dot in the middle. :tinfoil:

HOOORAY---we've captured an alien asshole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back