What the Shutdown Showed Us

We just had a PARTIAL government shutdown. Only 25% of the government shut down and "only" for 35 days...and we began to realize just how MUCH we (rightly) depend on government and the people who do the work of government to function as a modern society.

We had airports beginning to shut down...food going uninspected...Law Enforcement beginning to suffer the effects (vehicles unmaintained...etc.) National Parks filling up with shit and garbage, Courts affected, Border Security affected, Food Stamps in jeopardy, tax returns not processed, agencies like the TTB crippled (preventing businesses from opening) , loans were held up, payments of various sorts were delayed, contractor work was shut down for weeks...Coast Guard going unpaid...

It's time we begin to understand that government (while not perfect) is NOT our enemy but rather not only a reflection of US but something we would be LOST without

My goodness. You're fully indoctrinated, aren't you?

We just had a PARTIAL government shutdown. Only 25% of the government shut down and "only" for 35 days...and we began to realize just how MUCH we (rightly) depend on government and the people who do the work of government to function as a modern society.

We had airports beginning to shut down...food going uninspected...Law Enforcement beginning to suffer the effects (vehicles unmaintained...etc.) National Parks filling up with shit and garbage, Courts affected, Border Security affected, Food Stamps in jeopardy, tax returns not processed, agencies like the TTB crippled (preventing businesses from opening) , loans were held up, payments of various sorts were delayed, contractor work was shut down for weeks...Coast Guard going unpaid...

It's time we begin to understand that government (while not perfect) is NOT our enemy but rather not only a reflection of US but something we would be LOST without
They get paid just later than they normally would. What the shut down showed is the Democrats will cause any delay in Trumps goals "No Matter What". It was the case that the Elites doing a blocking move using the peons as a weapon. It seems trump read the cards and wanted a re deal of them. We will see what the next hand will be played. I would think he is almost ready to have the Supreme Court involved in the Powers of Office next, with a National Emergency Order. I think he should start putting a complete file of Crimes that the Illegals have committed and the Body count. I also think the illegal votes numbers should be thrown in for backup.

I was just wondering, how would these private, for profit, ATC and airport security companies be paid?

Airport fees paid by the airlines in turn paid by the passengers.

TSA is a new thing, prior to the behemoth that is the DHS all airport security was done private companies.
The Pvt company loved the setup and the pay backs to the Politicians loved the pay offs.

Airlines pay fees to the airport in order to use their runways and facilities. If the airports now have to pay for ATC and security services to private companies, the cost is passed on to the airlines. The government will continue subsidizing airlines, because not to do so makes the cost of a ticket, when added to the airlines increased costs for ATC and security services, skyrocket. The result is fewer people will fly, or will fly less, the airlines take a big hit, and the economy is adversely affected. The result is we pay more and the economy takes a negative hit. None of that sounds like a positive outcome to me.

Airlines pay fees to the airport in order to use their runways and facilities. If the airports now have to pay for ATC and security services to private companies, the cost is passed on to the airlines. The government will continue subsidizing airlines, because not to do so makes the cost of a ticket, when added to the airlines increased costs for ATC and security services, skyrocket. The result is fewer people will fly, or will fly less, the airlines take a big hit, and the economy is adversely affected. The result is we pay more and the economy takes a negative hit. None of that sounds like a positive outcome to me.
You just pointed out how MUCH the private sector is dependent on government to keep their profits coming in and this whole thing functioning

I was just wondering, how would these private, for profit, ATC and airport security companies be paid?

View attachment 242466

Raise the prices for services rendered. To bad, so sad, your plane ticket now costs $100 to $200 more but that's what capitalism is all about.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Taxes on airline tickets have been around for many years. When I went to Korea a Greyhound ticket from Atlanta was 56 dollars. Airline ticket was 144 dollars. On my way home I was to buy a ticket from San Fran to home for 77 dollars by Airlines the ticket agent told me it was the taxes that made it so high. Probably the reason the Japs and others can travel so cheap to the USA

They get paid just later than they normally would.

The contractors (the result of the privatization efforts of people who think like you) will NOT get paid.

1.2 million of them

applause_01_the_rock_clapping_animated_gif.gif

It's time we begin to understand that government (while not perfect0 is NOT our enemy but rather not only a reflection of US but something we would be LOST without
The bootlicking here is off the scale.

We found out how overbloated and unnecessary The State is.

Canada -FREAKING CANADA- privatized their ATC over a decade ago, and delays are almost unheard of....There's no reason whatsoever that airport security has to be a federal operation.....The same can be said for a slew of other agencies.
Ya, but Canada never stopped being great. :biggrin:

View attachment 242466

Raise the prices for services rendered. To bad, so sad, your plane ticket now costs $100 to $200 more but that's what capitalism is all about.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Taxes on airline tickets have been around for many years. When I went to Korea a Greyhound ticket from Atlanta was 56 dollars. Airline ticket was 144 dollars. On my way home I was to buy a ticket from San Fran to home for 77 dollars by Airlines the ticket agent told me it was the taxes that made it so high. Probably the reason the Japs and others can travel so cheap to the USA

Now think about the infra structure involved (provided by the government) in flying a friggin JET that distance as opposed to a BUS...and then compare those prices again...and tell me that the tax is too high

What the shutdown showed us was a reckless, irresponsible ‘president’ unfit to hold office.

The shutdown showed us the extent of Trump’s ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate – and that of his reprehensible supporters.

What the shutdown showed us was Trump the feckless political neophyte.

And the most important thing the shutdown showed us is that Trump’s tactic of intimidation, demagoguery, bigotry, and hate it can be defeated by standing up to Trump, by refusing to concede, and telling him ‘no.’

View attachment 242466

*****CHUCKLE*****

Now think about the infra structure involved (provided by the government) in flying a friggin JET that distance as opposed to a BUS...and then compare those prices again...and tell me that the tax is too high

th

Why should the government provide the infrastructure for the airlines to conduct their business?

If the airlines don't want to crash planes together or into buildings that should be the airlines responsibility to pay the price. Some federal agency like the FBI can go in at any time and investigate if the airlines screw up.

*****SMILE*****

And the most important thing the shutdown showed us is that Trump’s tactic of intimidation, demagoguery, bigotry, and hate it can be defeated by standing up to Trump, by refusing to concede, and telling him ‘no.’

You have no power. lolol.

But you can dream.

What the shutdown showed us was a reckless, irresponsible ‘president’ unfit to hold office.

The shutdown showed us the extent of Trump’s ignorance, fear, bigotry, and hate – and that of his reprehensible supporters.

What the shutdown showed us was Trump the feckless political neophyte.

STFUWalterPoster.jpg

View attachment 242466

*****CHUCKLE*****

In many ways getting the jet from point A to point B takes far less infrastructure than getting a bus the same trip.

View attachment 242466

*****CHUCKLE*****

You took a bus from Atlanta to Korea? :dunno:

View attachment 242466

*****CHUCKLE*****

In many ways getting the jet from point A to point B takes far less infrastructure than getting a bus the same trip.

upload_2019-1-27_12-45-18.jpeg

You don't require radar and comm arrays to operate a bus, buses don't require anywhere near the maintenance a jet requires to fly, a bus driver doesn't require nearly as much training as a airline pilot and crew, you don't require nearly as many radar operators to watch a bus traveling, and the last time I took a bus I don't remember any stewardesses asking me if I needed anything.

So explain to us how it's so much cheaper to operate a plane than a bus.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:

Let me know when you can get a bus 20 feet off the ground and safely back on the ground again...no less 30,000 feet

It's time we STOP trashing Federal workers. They are our brothers and sisters

Forum List

Back