What will it do to this country, if Trump loses by 3% and 310 EV and claims election rigged?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
The trumpets are probably crazy/angry/intellectually dishonest enough to buy his rhetoric that his primary vote totals in NY and CA actually put these states in play, or that votes in Mich, PA or VA were miscounted by dem state administrations.

Even Gore didn't go here. And you Donald will, and that might even be his end game in this election.

The trumpets are probably crazy/angry/intellectually dishonest enough to buy his rhetoric that his primary vote totals in NY and CA actually put these states in play, or that votes in Mich, PA or VA were miscounted by dem state administrations.

Even Gore didn't go here. And you Donald will, and that might even be his end game in this election.

A bigger concern is if Trump somehow eeks out a EC victory, but less popular vote.

There will be calls for the EC to ignore the results and select someone else besides Trump.

A bigger concern is if Trump somehow eeks out a EC victory, but less popular vote.

There will be calls for the EC to ignore the results and select someone else besides Trump.
Nah, I can't see that. Not that the dems/progressives are somehow more elevated that the trumpets - they aren't. Certainly not the Jill "don't ask me about immunizations" Steiners. But mainstream dems (and republicans) know the only possible outcome, other than honoring the EV, would toss it into the House, and the conclusion there would be foregone.

There might be more support for an amendment to get rid of the EV, or at least have states individually apportion. And those aren't terrible things.

But I agree with those who say Trump isn't going anywhere off the natl stage. He wants a niche audience of people who feel dispossessed and aggrieved. The GOP may not have created this monster, but they are/have allowed it to grow to an unmanageable size. There are no Goldwaters in the GOP or even Howard Bakers.

Last edited:

If he wins, that will be the case. The dems run up supermajorities in some places when +1 will do.

Nah, I can't see that. Not that the dems/progressives are somehow more elevated that the trumpets - they aren't. Certainly not the Jill "don't ask me about immunizations" Steiners. But mainstream dems (and republicans) know the only possible outcome, other than honoring the EV, would toss it into the House, and the conclusion there would be foregone.

There might be more support for an amendment to get rid of the EV, or at least have states individually apportion. And those aren't terrible things.

But I agree with those who say Trump isn't going anywhere off the natl stage. He wants a niche audience of people who feel dispossessed and aggrieved. The GOP may not have created this monster, but they are/have allowed it to grow to an unmanageable size. There are no Goldwaters in the GOP or even Howard Bakers.

If it's a close EV split, you only have to convince a few people, the rest could hide behind "hey, WE voted the way we were supposed to" mantra.

Even if it went to the house, it would only take a few states to buck the trend.

To me EV's should be divided 2 statewide for the senators, and then by congressional district. I still think some form of EC should remain, but winner take all is stupid.

Dems also share some blame. If they had a better candidate they would be leading 60-40 right now, and right up until election time.

To me EV's should be divided 2 statewide for the senators, and then by congressional district. I still think some form of EC should remain, but winner take all is stupid.
Not as long as congressional districts are gerrymandered by either party.

Not as long as congressional districts are gerrymandered by either party.

One can consider States themselves a form of gerrymandering going back centuries. It would also put an impetus on reforming some of the district creating rules, which is overdue in general.

A few years ago states were chattering about allocating their electors proportionally. Mostly non swing states upset that they are not getting all the campaign ad money

You mean like the democrats sounded in 2001? You mean like the democrats taking their getting beat to the SCOTUS and lying about it to get there? You mean that, right?

So, the excuse is being laid: If Trump loses the election - he and his "poorly educated" cult will say it was rigged. Trump apparently thinks everything is rigged if he doesn't win. How convenient...

Trump has so little cred at this point that I suspect it won't move the meter much.
For Trump I think that's really irrelevant. He'll be the spokesman for the declining 35% who see themselves as being dispossessed and having their Country stolen from them by a majority of people abusing the constitution.

The irony here, besides very possibly an irretrievable damage to the Republic, is that he'll destroy any pol future Jr. has and leave his daughter and wife as comic figures in popular culture.

If it's a close EV split, you only have to convince a few people, the rest could hide behind "hey, WE voted the way we were supposed to" mantra.

Even if it went to the house, it would only take a few states to buck the trend.

Dems also share some blame. If they had a better candidate they would be leading 60-40 right now, and right up until election time.

You mean convince a few people to go against the will of the people? Would that not make this a bandanna republic? It won't happen just like it didn't happen at the RNC convention. The establishment has been served notice. Political Correctness doesn't exist with Trump. The people will respond.

Trump has so little cred at this point that I suspect it won't move the meter much.

yep, you and the rest of the political correctness crowd have done their job. Good work. But eventually it will be realized that Hillary is really crooked Hillary. You can only hide so much with political correctness.

Always wanted to kill people a new American Revolution sounds like fun!

If Hillary wins, we will go into a cold hard 4 year winter of our discontent. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter who wins: Trump, Johnson, the Green Party Anarchist Lesbian Chick, one of those 265 people who get on the California ballot. Any of them will do just fine and dandy.

Trump will never accept the blame for his devastating loss

Prime culprits

1. Crooked election, voter ID, Hillary "fixing" the election
2. Main stream media
3. Free stuff
4. People voted for Hillary because she is a woman

I'll laugh, smile, grin and enjoy the moment when every sane and sober American concedes HRC is the President-Elect. Only a fool will vote for Trump, and I'll concede here and now that there are 32% of voters who are easily biddable and willing to believe Trump's claim that the election is rigged.

Trump will never accept the blame for his devastating loss

Prime culprits

1. Crooked election, voter ID, Hillary "fixing" the election
2. Main stream media
3. Free stuff
4. People voted for Hillary because she is a woman
All of which is true people voted for Obama because it was "cool" to vote in the first negro president. The polls being rigged has already been shown to be true. You think the establishment which is both republicans and democrats want the gravy train to end? Hell no

yep, you and the rest of the political correctness crowd have done their job. Good work. But eventually it will be realized that Hillary is really crooked Hillary. You can only hide so much with political correctness.

Q. Is it politically correct to oppose someone taking a crap in a punch bowl

A.

Forum List

Back