What would Liberals eat?

I know how to spell bologna. Which is why I spelled it correctly when I used it first.

But we call it balony, and what you are peddling is balony, so I go with the vernacular.

Cuz I understand how to use words effectively.

PS..I'm not a hippy. Any more than GT is a wigger...

wait..you say..he is?

Try being Pennsylvania Dutch. All starch and red meat. A diet for farmers. So much for blame the parents.

Fruit lasagna is bad. (As an entree, I would note).

Never had fruit lasagna, but damn do I love veggie lasagna. I like it more than traditional lasagna - and suspect it is less healthy - but it tastes good...

Standard Disclaimer for lefties: What, heavy whipping cream and butter isn't good for you? BUT it has BROCCOLI IN IT!!!!

I know how to spell bologna. Which is why I spelled it correctly when I used it first.

But we call it balony, and what you are peddling is balony, so I go with the vernacular.

PS..I'm not a hippy.
I can dig it.

Try being Pennsylvania Dutch. All starch and red meat. A diet for farmers. So much for blame the parents.

Never had fruit lasagna, but damn do I love veggie lasagna. I like it more than traditional lasagna - and suspect it is less healthy - but it tastes good...

Standard Disclaimer for lefties: What, heavy whipping cream and butter isn't good for you? BUT it has BROCCOLI IN IT!!!!

Actually, whipping cream and butter are perfectly fine in moderation...and much better than margarine for one's health.

Veggie lasagna is fine.

There is fruit "lasagna" which is a dessert dish and more like a Napoleon.

There was the fruit lasagna which this place served that was an entree which instead of veggies had fruit.

I just found it disgusting. The old Groucho Marx/Woody Allen joke, "The food is terrible and such small portions."

Actually, whipping cream and butter are perfectly fine in moderation...and much better than margarine for one's health.
Also better for you than any of the non-dairy non-fat creamers on the market.

I don't think being a fat fuck is a left right issue.

I also don't think being a food Nazi is a good look, on the whole.

That's why it's so stupid but so right when people say "moderation."

But damn it when you think there's probably zillions of smart people out there, the dumb dumbs never stop surprising you : (

You know, that's a good point. My grandmother's second husband had been an Army cook. Pete's Thanksgiving dinner rivaled my other, PA Dutch and fantastic cook grandmother's.

I think that's getting lost here. The new standards don't insist on certain meals being served. All they do is set standards for calories and food groups and other such stuff. Within those boundaries local schools are free to do whatever they want.

My daughter usually wants me to pack her lunch, but she'll pick and choose through the menu and decide on certain days she wants to eat a hot lunch. Tomorrow is tacos. She's decided she wants tacos.

Soft shelled tacos with ground turkey instead of beef, shredded cheese, lettuce and tomato. With a side of black beans and kiwi. Oh , and a milk.

Frankly , any kid that doesn't want to eat that , well there parents need to pack them a lunch or shut the fuck up.

But damn it when you think there's probably zillions of smart people out there, the dumb dumbs never stop surprising you : (

So we say with every post of yours!

So we say with every post of yours!
You can say whatever you want. It doesn't change my outlook on things, you don't possess that kinda power dear.

wait..you say..he is?

Both spellings are perfectly acceptable, as are "catsup" and "ketchup."

You know, that's a good point. My grandmother's second husband had been an Army cook. Pete's Thanksgiving dinner rivaled my other, PA Dutch and fantastic cook grandmother's.

I think that's getting lost here. The new standards don't insist on certain meals being served. All they do is set standards for calories and food groups and other such stuff. Within those boundaries local schools are free to do whatever they want.

My daughter usually wants me to pack her lunch, but she'll pick and choose through the menu and decide on certain days she wants to eat a hot lunch. Tomorrow is tacos. She's decided she wants tacos.

Soft shelled tacos with ground turkey instead of beef, shredded cheese, lettuce and tomato. With a side of black beans and kiwi. Oh , and a milk.

Frankly , any kid that doesn't want to eat that , well there parents need to pack them a lunch or shut the fuck up.
How old?>

My little girl is 2 and a half.

One on the way in May!

Right now, we are striking a good balance between healthy and "treat" stuff to the point where she doesn't really seek to over indulge on the treat stuff. I feel like a mad scientist.

wait..you say..he is?

Both spellings are perfectly acceptable, as are "catsup" and "ketchup."
catsup is awesome, but they don't have wings : (

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6
CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

:disbelief:

You understand the difference between being pregnant and being obese?
I don't agree with his point

but it wasn't what ya thought

his point was that teenagers are by and large the ones not affording their OWN kids' lunches

lol

His point is pretty poorly made: there is scant evidence to support the notion that most F&R lunch program recipients' mothers are teenagers. He should learn a little about the F&R lunch program: Participation is based on parent's income, and you don't need to be a teenage girl to have a low income threshold.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6
CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

:disbelief:

You understand the difference between being pregnant and being obese?
I don't agree with his point

but it wasn't what ya thought

his point was that teenagers are by and large the ones not affording their OWN kids' lunches

lol

His point is pretty poorly made: there is scant evidence to support the notion that most F&R lunch program recipients' mothers are teenagers. He should learn a little about the F&R lunch program: Participation is based on parent's income, and you don't need to be a teenage girl to have a low income threshold.

You reading comprehension is a lousy as your trolling attempts.

I said there was a link between child obesity and single mothers, which even the government which funds the lunch programs acknowledges.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/child_obesity/index.cfm

Bro, you are more accredited than the scientists performing these studies.

We already know.

We are already designing your Trophy as we speak, it JUST isn't ready yet.

Chill out, you're get your reward shortly.

btw - having pet rats?

creepy.

Pretty flaccid dodge.

I take it this is the best you can do,,,,,

You made claims for which you have no support - none at all.

Last edited:

How old?>

My little girl is 2 and a half.

One on the way in May!

Right now, we are striking a good balance between healthy and "treat" stuff to the point where she doesn't really seek to over indulge on the treat stuff. I feel like a mad scientist.

She's 5 I also have an 18 month old girl, and two boys that are over 20 :D and also a cousin who passed away's son who is 14.

Forum List

Back