What would Liberals eat?

In what universe is it acceptable to spend a lot of money that was obtained under the banner of "combating child hunger"...on actually reducing caloric intake of the same children?

Nazi Propaganda 101.

Do you understand that they have actually increased the caloric intake for the day? They have merely split it up breakfast, lunch, snack, and sometimes dinner.

DUH

So they will be fatter, then. Because no matter what, caloric intake determines who gets fat.

Please point out the starving people in these images, where *obesity* is a *symptom* of hunger:

man-child_1956650i.jpg

starving_children-africa.jpg

So where are the fat starving kids?

Malnutrition =/= hunger.

You're welcome.

So you maintain that the American people were told that "American children are hungry!" but that there was not meant to be any correlation between hunger/malnutrition?

Oh. Ok.

Lolol...honestly, it doesn't speak to your intelligence. Either you're an idiot, or you think the rest of the world is.

I'm not.

I feed my kids bologna sammiches, and the school lunch program is fucking extortion. You and the poor people you've subjected to that garbage are idiots, and it makes sense that if the world ends tomorrow, you will be the first to die. Nobody will have to kill you, you're just seriously that stupid.

I ate HS cafeteria food in the 60s and Iived in the dorm for all four years of college, so I do know institutional food. I remember the HS food being so bad that some of it was truly inedible. The pizza was memorably bad, making Papa John's look good -- and this is in a small town with a plurality Italian American heritage!

The boys in the in crowd used to sit at the table right off the cafeteria line and ask for whatever we girls didn't want to eat. Sometimes they got my entire lunch.

I think the problem is that a lot of so-called healthy food nuts come up with really weird combinations. Remember going to a residential training course once and getting lasagna with fruit in it. Ugh. Truly ugh.

Kids are sensitive and not adventurous eaters, so they won't touch things like that. And that's where I think the misplaced emphasis is.
Kids with good parents have already developed a taste for healthier choices, they've been eating that way since birth.

For the bad parents? Buy your kids your own shit if them eating shit is so important to you.

Shit.

Try being Pennsylvania Dutch. All starch and red meat. A diet for farmers. So much for blame the parents.

Fruit lasagna is bad. (As an entree, I would note).
I haven't tried it, but by the sounds of it, we are on the same page. lol

Please point out the starving people in these images, where *obesity* is a *symptom* of hunger:

man-child_1956650i.jpg

starving_children-africa.jpg

So where are the fat starving kids?

Malnutrition =/= hunger.

You're welcome.

So you maintain that the American people were told that "American children are hungry!" but that there was not meant to be any correlation between hunger/malnutrition?

Oh. Ok.

Lolol...honestly, it doesn't speak to your intelligence. Either you're an idiot, or you think the rest of the world is.

I'm not.

I feed my kids bologna sammiches, and the school lunch program is fucking extortion. You and the poor people you've subjected to that garbage are idiots, and it makes sense that if the world ends tomorrow, you will be the first to die. Nobody will have to kill you, you're just seriously that stupid.
please

don't call me an idiot and then proceed to tell me you feed your kids bologna daily

get the fuck outta here

I ate HS cafeteria food in the 60s and Iived in the dorm for all four years of college, so I do know institutional food. I remember the HS food being so bad that some of it was truly inedible. The pizza was memorably bad, making Papa John's look good -- and this is in a small town with a plurality Italian American heritage!

The boys in the in crowd used to sit at the table right off the cafeteria line and ask for whatever we girls didn't want to eat. Sometimes they got my entire lunch.

I think the problem is that a lot of so-called healthy food nuts come up with really weird combinations. Remember going to a residential training course once and getting lasagna with fruit in it. Ugh. Truly ugh.

Kids are sensitive and not adventurous eaters, so they won't touch things like that. And that's where I think the misplaced emphasis is.

Have you actually EATEN at a school since the new standards? I have . Last week with my daughter. We had whole wheat pasta, a few meatballs and some so so sauce, a slice of whole wheat garlic toast , a salad with ranch dressing and a milk.

The horrors I tell you, the horrors.... I don't know if I'll ever recover.

Well, no, I haven't. But what you describe sounds like something they would have fed us in college. Bad institutional food, with some "healthy" choices.

Pasta and bread at the same meal can be fattening, you know.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.
a tic tac isnt a snack. Unless your last name happens to be Carpenter.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6
CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

:disbelief:

You understand the difference between being pregnant and being obese?

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

I don't agree with his point

but it wasn't what ya thought

his point was that teenagers are by and large the ones not affording their OWN kids' lunches

lol

But I'm sure he entirely endorses the lie.

When I was young, I had a series of pet rats. They make really good pets, smart and affectionate little animals.

The problem with rats as pets is that they die at 3 to 5 years of age. You get attached, then they die.

You know what rats die of - every last one of them, every last time? Cancer.

Somewhere around 4 years, or maybe earlier, you'll find a lump, which will grow to a massive tumor.

So when I hear morons spew about studies in which rats are fed nothing but cyclimates and then develop cancer. or are fed 30 grams of nitrates a day and develop cancer, I just can't help but point out what a fucking fraud it all is.

Show me a study where an animal not predisposed to cancer is fed a rational amount of nitrates and develops some sort of cancer in a repeatable fashion and I'll be happy to listen - but the usual bullshit from the usual frauds has simply gotten old.

I eat nothing but red meat and freedom fries.

Have you actually EATEN at a school since the new standards? I have . Last week with my daughter. We had whole wheat pasta, a few meatballs and some so so sauce, a slice of whole wheat garlic toast , a salad with ranch dressing and a milk.

Well, no, I haven't. But what you describe sounds like something they would have fed us in college. Bad institutional food, with some "healthy" choices.

Ma'am i ate Army cooking for 25 years. Some of it good, some of it bad, and one thing I can tell you about institutional foods is it depends ENTIRELY on the local people preparing it. I've seen a good cook turn what others served as plainly disappointing into delicious meals.

Was the pasta as good as what I prepare at home? Of course not, but let's be realistic here, they ARE cooking for hundreds of people at a time.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts

his point was that teenagers are by and large the ones not affording their OWN kids' lunches

lol

Jeebus,GT. After all this time, you still haven't figured out that I'm a gal?

And you are wrong about my point. My point is that kids brought up to single (often teenage) moms are highly disadvantaged, and more likely to obese, regardless of the school lunch program.

But I'm sure he entirely endorses the lie.

When I was young, I had a series of pet rats. They make really good pets, smart and affectionate little animals.

The problem with rats as pets is that they die at 3 to 5 years of age. You get attached, then they die.

You know what rats die of - every last one of them, every last time? Cancer.

Somewhere around 4 years, or maybe earlier, you'll find a lump, which will grow to a massive tumor.

So when I hear morons spew about studies in which rats are fed nothing but cyclimates and then develop cancer. or are fed 30 grams of nitrates a day and develop cancer, I just can't help but point out what a fucking fraud it all is.

Show me a study where an animal not predisposed to cancer is fed a rational amount of nitrates and develops some sort of cancer in a repeatable fashion and I'll be happy to listen - but the usual bullshit from the usual frauds has simply gotten old.
Bro, you are more accredited than the scientists performing these studies.

We already know.

We are already designing your Trophy as we speak, it JUST isn't ready yet.

Chill out, you're get your reward shortly.

btw - having pet rats?

creepy.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts

lol

Jeebus,GT. After all this time, you still haven't figured out that I'm a gal?

And you are wrong about my point. My point is that kids brought up to single (often teenage) moms are highly disadvantaged, and more likely to obese, regardless of the school lunch program.
well anyhoo, I do apologize madame.

im sorry : (

ill remember now.

Ma'am i ate Army cooking for 25 years. Some of it good, some of it bad, and one thing I can tell you about institutional foods is it depends ENTIRELY on the local people preparing it. I've seen a good cook turn what others served as plainly disappointing into delicious meals.

Was the pasta as good as what I prepare at home? Of course not, but let's be realistic here, they ARE cooking for hundreds of people at a time.

You know, that's a good point. My grandmother's second husband had been an Army cook. Pete's Thanksgiving dinner rivaled my other, PA Dutch and fantastic cook grandmother's.

So have we determined whether kids in the US are experiencing more hunger...or are overfed...?

The eugenecist/progressive nutbags seem to be all over the place on this one. One minute we need more gov't control because parents are starving their kids..then we need more gov't control because they're feeding them too many calories...then we need more gov't control because balony has nitrates.

MAKE UP YOUR STATIST MINDS, if you have them.

And how is it that we are paying more $$ to withhold calories from the little fuckers?

So have we determined whether kids in the US are experiencing more hunger...or are overfed...?

The eugenecist/progressive nutbags seem to be all over the place on this one. One minute we need more gov't control because parents are starving their kids..then we need more gov't control because they're feeding them too many calories...then we need more gov't control because balony has nitrates.

MAKE UP YOUR STATIST MINDS, if you have them.

And how is it that we are paying more $$ to withhold calories from the little fuckers?
learn how to spell bologna

you see the package EVERY DAMN DAY jeebus

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts

Huh, whaaa? How did you get that out of the above childhood obesity stats?

Easy Peasy. Parenting matters. Children raised by single moms are more likely to be obese...just one area in which such children are disadvantaged.

Single Moms cause Obesity? This is pretty obvious because during the past 30 years there are more single mothers.

Cell phones also cause obesity.

Russia also causes obesity: People were less obese when there was a Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back