What would you accept as proof for G-d existing?

meeting him on the day he asks why you didn't choose to believe without proof is the only "proof" you are ever going to get.....

I work on my appealate case a little bit every day. :)

"With so many religions all claiming to be true your Hon-r (heh,) I didn't wanna risk falling into one that wasn't in fact true."

/shrugs.....people like you have met Jesus......
John 4:48 “Unless you people see signs and wonders,” Jesus told him, “you will never believe.”

1. Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it.
2. If there will arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,
3. and the sign or the wonder of which he spoke to you happens, [and he] says, "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them,"
4. you shall not heed the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream; for the Lord, your God, is testing you, to know whether you really love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul.
5. You shall follow the Lord, your God, fear Him, keep His commandments, heed His voice, worship Him, and cleave to Him.
6. And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst.
- Devarim 13

GibsonSG, et al,

The Mentally Challenged people are often observed speaking to the supernatural.

Tangible proof I can see and touch.
(COMMENT)

My reputation is intangible. You can't touch it or feel it. But I assure you it is real.

You don't necessarily understand "proof" when you see it.

Most respectfully,
R

GibsonSG, et al,

(COMMENT)

My reputation is intangible. You can't touch it or feel it. But I assure you it is real.

Most respectfully,
R
Your reputation is based on an actual person. Please try again.

I ask this of myself all the time. What event or occurence would stand out from natural phenomenae and be an unmistakle indication of an all-powerful conscious G-d doing something?

If the Earth suddenly stopped rotating for a day or so then started up again, I'd take that as proof of G-d.

An angel materializing before me would suffice as well. Thought I encountered one way back, but think it was just a really beautiful woman I passed in a hallway and our eyes met for a moment. I actually stopped in my tracks awestruck.

You know, things like that. :)
I figure I'll find out when I die. Until then, faith is more than enough to carry Me through.

I ask this of myself all the time. What event or occurence would stand out from natural phenomenae and be an unmistakle indication of an all-powerful conscious G-d doing something?

If the Earth suddenly stopped rotating for a day or so then started up again, I'd take that as proof of G-d.

An angel materializing before me would suffice as well. Thought I encountered one way back, but think it was just a really beautiful woman I passed in a hallway and our eyes met for a moment. I actually stopped in my tracks awestruck.

Even as the earth begins shaking violently, most of God's people will blame it on the earth instead of our Creator who planned the event before any visible world existed.

I think true things have been known by Man all along. Ancient authors may have used different words, but the ideas they described are often just as valid as the ones we'd use today. Doesn't take a god though to say "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." A good line addressing this comes from "Enemy Mine:"

"If an enemy does evil to you, do not do it back to him." - "I've heard this before." - "Of course you have - truth is truth."

What's at the very end of the Universe I wonder Delta.......would be great to go there AND BACK.steve

Excellent and thought(for those who can think) provoking post Delta

Looked that up recently. :)

Curious About Astronomy: What is the universe expanding into?

"If the universe is expanding what is it expanding into?"

"The long explanation is below [at link]. However, if you just want a short answer, I'll say this: if the universe is infinitely big, then the answer is simply that it isn't expanding into anything; instead, what is happening is that every region of the universe, every distance between every pair of galaxies, is being "stretched", but the overall size of the universe was infinitely big to begin with and continues to remain infinitely big as time goes on, so the universe's size doesn't change, and therefore it doesn't expand into anything. If, on the other hand, the universe has a finite size, then it may be legitimate to claim that there is something "outside of the universe" that the universe is expanding into. However, because we are, by definition, stuck within the space that makes up our universe and have no way to observe anything outside of it, this ceases to be a question that can be answered scientifically. So the answer in that case is that we really don't know what, if anything, the universe is expanding into."

GibsonSG, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most respectfully,
R

Reputation is a thought. An idea we have about ourselves and other people. So just as every other thought is merely electrical impulses leaping between neurons, thought itself is something tangible and real. An EEG (electroencepholagraph) can measure these thoughts confirming their reality.

More interestingly, quantum physics shows how these thoughts, these electrical impulses can effect physical reality merely by having them (e.g. thoughts.) When we have a thought, we're turning the intangible into the tangible. In a way, creating physical reality (electricity) simply by 'thinking it into existence.' The truth of this is significant since it's how most of us think about G-d and how He created the world. Even though the physical sciences have adequately explained how the world came to be, the 'proof of concept' remains. Creation from thought and will is possible.

How particles behave changes simply by observing (i.e. measuring) them. And until they are measured, they exist as potential. It's amazing to consider simply looking at something causes this potential to 'settle' into a specific state we can then measure. The physics 'double-slit experiment' shows this phenomenae in action. More amazing still, it suggests that at least one commonly assigned attribute of G-d's isn't true. Namely that He sees everything all the time, omniprescient. If G-d was observing everything everywhere, all the time, then the way light behaves in the experiment should remain constant and unchanged when we then observe and measure it since G-d was looking at it all the time 'settling' its' potential.

The witness of the Holy Spirit is what I accepted as proof. When you experience His love first hand and have pure intelligence enter and expand your mind it's undeniable.
Yes, you claimed to witness "god" before but couldn't come up with any details when asked about it before. Many people also lay claim to witnessing aliens and Elvis (after his death). Without evidence I don't believe any of them, including you.

You won't be getting proof God Exists. It is about Faith and free will. We must CHOSE to believe in him without proof.

The witness of the Holy Spirit is what I accepted as proof. When you experience His love first hand and have pure intelligence enter and expand your mind it's undeniable.
Yes, you claimed to witness "god" before but couldn't come up with any details when asked about it before. Many people also lay claim to witnessing aliens and Elvis (after his death). Without evidence I don't believe any of them, including you.

The Holy spirit is NOT God, it is an invisible force that God uses for his services.

the relevancy of a Deity is there being an Everlasting that enables their existence, the same as the temporary existence of the Fauna and Flora on Earth both being the same.

If my microwave oven says god this week I'll believe in God. That's all he has to do. It's all I'm asking for.

It has come to my conclusion that no religion is to be believed. Not even the one I was born into. And what did we have before religions? We had humans pondering if a creator exists. So scientifically, logically, rationally, I don't believe a god exists. Not the god people talk about. Any creator of the universe can be scientifically explained.

The Holy spirit is NOT God, it is an invisible force that God uses for his services.
Such services as seeing man EXTERMINATE Man.....Sorry but that is LOONY TALK.....but don't bother asking the ISIS types BECAUSE THEY WILL AGREE WITH YOU.....Invisible my Ass...steve

Forum List

Back