What would you accept as proof for G-d existing?

The witness of the Holy Spirit is what I accepted as proof. When you experience His love first hand and have pure intelligence enter and expand your mind it's undeniable.
Yes, you claimed to witness "god" before but couldn't come up with any details when asked about it before. Many people also lay claim to witnessing aliens and Elvis (after his death). Without evidence I don't believe any of them, including you.

The Holy spirit is NOT God, it is an invisible force that God uses for his services.
Such services as seeing man EXTERMINATE Man.....Sorry but that is LOONY TALK.....but don't bother asking the ISIS types BECAUSE THEY WILL AGREE WITH YOU.....Invisible my Ass...steve
Or if one night I look up and instead of the big Dipper those stars spell G O D. Then I'll believe. Until then, if the only proof is that god visited and talked to your ancestors 2000 years ago? Let's just say I'm not that stupid.

And if god exists he'll totally understand

The witness of the Holy Spirit is what I accepted as proof. When you experience His love first hand and have pure intelligence enter and expand your mind it's undeniable.
Yes, you claimed to witness "god" before but couldn't come up with any details when asked about it before. Many people also lay claim to witnessing aliens and Elvis (after his death). Without evidence I don't believe any of them, including you.

The Holy spirit is NOT God, it is an invisible force that God uses for his services.
Such services as seeing man EXTERMINATE Man.....Sorry but that is LOONY TALK.....but don't bother asking the ISIS types BECAUSE THEY WILL AGREE WITH YOU.....Invisible my Ass...steve
Or if one night I look up and instead of the big Dipper those stars spell G O D. Then I'll believe. Until then, if the only proof is that god visited and talked to your ancestors 2000 years ago? Let's just say I'm not that stupid.

Will He? Did He tell you that?

Who says that's the only proof? God speaks for Himself. He always has. Perhaps the problem I you aren't talking with Him and listening.

And on that day, my response will be, "Because I have a brain. I lived my life according to reason, and logic, not emotion, and fuzzy warm feelings. Now, where's the beer?"

And if your brain failed you? I mean, sometimes my brain fails me at higher mathematics. I have to live my life with that failing. Would you consider saying, "My brain failed me, and I had to live my life with that failing. I did the best I could."

And on that day, my response will be, "Because I have a brain. I lived my life according to reason, and logic, not emotion, and fuzzy warm feelings. Now, where's the beer?"

And if your brain failed you? I mean, sometimes my brain fails me at higher mathematics. I have to live my life with that failing. Would you consider saying, "My brain failed me, and I had to live my life with that failing. I did the best I could."

Nonsense.

If you couldn't muster enough intellectual acuity to know that a human being never was or became God either before during or after their human existence then you really never even tried.

If your brain failed you it failed you because it had become defiled and contaminated with irrational superstitious archaic lore and the specious falsehoods of men inspired by demons.

No, I wouldn't. As has been demonstrated by many of the posts on this thread, there is no logical, rational, objective evidence of God, so there is no "failing" of my brain, but we're all just supposed to say, "Okay. I will ignore reason, and logic, and go with the warm fuzzies, instead,"

That's not a failing of my brain, that is your God, in this silly hypothetical, failing to provide the one thing that us sceptics would need to change our positions. That's on him, not me.

Who says that's the only proof? God speaks for Himself. He always has. Perhaps the problem I you aren't talking with Him and listening.

No. It's common sense. A smart creator would never make the test what you Christians say it is. That we have to believe your lying ancestors or we don't get into heaven. I am 100% confident Christianity is not the test for getting into heaven. It's utter nonsense and clearly man made up. You don't understand because you're a brainwashed Christian who thinks Christianity is the one true religion.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

And no that's not the problem. Like you I blindly believed for decades. Actually like most sane people I always had a problem with Christianity but I went with it because I was born into it and who am I to say it's not real, right? But the thing is, I am me and I make up my own mind. So who am I? I'm not a gullible sheep who believes whatever my priest, community and parents tell me. I question authority. Something that isn't allowed in religion.

And its funny you ask, "will he?" Actually no he won't because he doesn't exist. He's a figment of your imagination. Wishful thinking. Cognitive Dissonance.

Who told you what you believe? Did god tell you what you believe? Nope. A lying priest from a corrupt church brainwashed your ancestors centuries ago and your bloodline has been swallowing it ever since. Or you stupidly got sucked in one day because you are gullible and simple minded.

I can't imagine how the Greeks 1900 years ago believed that story about a virgin birth and walking on water. Proof humans are stupid. But clearly we are getting smarter.

New Study Suggests Over 25% of Americans May Be Atheists

That doesn't mean 75% believe Jesus was the son of god. How many Americans believe the Muslim lie? How many believe like the Jews that Jesus was just a man? How many are Jehova Budda and Hindu?

So really I'd say 25% of Americans believe Jesus is the son of god. You're a minority.

Last edited:
The Holy Spirit is the Laws of Physics that bind our Existence to what it is, in all of its mystery and glory.

God is the construct by which all is so, while also being a completely independent being of Existence itself.

Who told you what you believe? Did god tell you what you believe? Nope. A lying priest from a corrupt church brainwashed your ancestors centuries ago and your bloodline has been swallowing it ever since. Or you stupidly got sucked in one day because you are gullible and simple minded.

I can't imagine how the Greeks 1900 years ago believed that story about a virgin birth and walking on water. Proof humans are stupid. But clearly we are getting smarter.

That doesn't mean 75% believe Jesus was the son of god. How many Americans believe the Muslim lie? How many believe like the Jews that Jesus was just a man? How many are Jehova Budda and Hindu?

So really I'd say 25% of Americans believe Jesus is the son of god. You're a minority.

Well, maybe not the minority, however, there is also this: according to a new, massive study, American youth are moving away from religion:

Recent cohorts of American adolescents are less religiously oriented than their predecessors, although the majority are still involved with religion (see Table 1). First, American adolescents are now less likely to attend religious services. Twice as many 12th graders in 2010–13 reported “never” attending services (21%) compared to 1976–79 (10%). Compared to the early 1970s (12%), more than twice as many college students in the 2010s never attended services (27%). Similar, though smaller, declines (23% and 43%) appear among 8th and 10th graders between the early 1990s and the 2010s. Across all groups, the shift is most pronounced after 2000 as Millennials enter the samples, with the number not attending services increasing 50% for 12th graders (from 14% to 21%), 33% for 10th graders (15% to 20%), and 31% for 8th graders (13% to 17%) between 2000 and 2013. The percentage attending services weekly has also declined steadily; while 40% of 12th graders did so in 1976–79, only 30% did in 2010–13 (see Table 1 and Fig 1). For 10th and 12th graders, almost all of the decline in religious service attendance (d’s = -.13 and-.14) occurred between 2000 and 2013.

And, just in case anyone one wants to suggest that all this indicates is that young people are less disciplined than older Americans; that they just don't attend services, while still being just as religious as their parents - then the study also discovered this:

More than twice as many recent 12th graders chose “none” for their religious affiliation compared to the 1960s and 1970s, though the majority still choose a religious affiliation (see Fig 2). Thirty-eight percent more 8th graders and 53% more 10th graders chose “none” as their religious preference in 2010–13 compared to 1991–94. The increase in religious “nones” was especially steep over the last decade. Between 2000 and 2010–13, 31% more 8th graders (13% compared to 17%) professed no religious affiliation, as did 43% more 10th graders (14% to 20%) and 50% more 12th graders (16% to 24%). Three times as many college students in the 2010s (vs. the late 1960s) reported no religious affiliation, though the majority are still affiliated. In just the 13 years between 2000 and 2013, 87% more college students chose no religious affiliation (15% vs. 28%). Compared to the early 1970s, four times as many reported that their mother had no religious affiliation, and more than twice as many reported that their father had no religious affiliation. The gap between students’ affiliation and parents’ affiliation has grown (see Table 1); this suggests both that more students grew up without religion and that more are abandoning their parents’ religion by college entry.
Notice the part I emphasised. So, while he may not quite be the minority, Americans are certainly moving away from organised religion.

Last edited:

Nonsense.

If you couldn't muster enough intellectual acuity to know that a human being never was or became God either before during or after their human existence then you really never even tried.

If your brain failed you it failed you because it had become defiled and contaminated with irrational superstitious archaic lore and the specious falsehoods of men inspired by demons.
So your inspiring God to you is just that but others have a differing opinion,one has to look at different religions for a start....lets take Catholicism for starters....the first Popes were not religious MEN(emphasis as Women are not really given much credence in that body) but LAWYERS....but I digress...all religions are responsible for utmost VIOLENCE throughout history...today we concentrate on ISIS and their lacky's...but all religions have been exactly the same.....all have the best God according to them.

A violent God at that.....steve

Well, maybe not the minority, however, there is also this: according to a new, massive study, American youth are moving away from religion:

Recent cohorts of American adolescents are less religiously oriented than their predecessors, although the majority are still involved with religion (see Table 1). First, American adolescents are now less likely to attend religious services. Twice as many 12th graders in 2010–13 reported “never” attending services (21%) compared to 1976–79 (10%). Compared to the early 1970s (12%), more than twice as many college students in the 2010s never attended services (27%). Similar, though smaller, declines (23% and 43%) appear among 8th and 10th graders between the early 1990s and the 2010s. Across all groups, the shift is most pronounced after 2000 as Millennials enter the samples, with the number not attending services increasing 50% for 12th graders (from 14% to 21%), 33% for 10th graders (15% to 20%), and 31% for 8th graders (13% to 17%) between 2000 and 2013. The percentage attending services weekly has also declined steadily; while 40% of 12th graders did so in 1976–79, only 30% did in 2010–13 (see Table 1 and Fig 1). For 10th and 12th graders, almost all of the decline in religious service attendance (d’s = -.13 and-.14) occurred between 2000 and 2013.

And, just in case anyone one wants to suggest that all this indicates is that young people are less disciplined than older Americans; that they just don't attend services, while still being just as religious as their parents - then the study also discovered this:

More than twice as many recent 12th graders chose “none” for their religious affiliation compared to the 1960s and 1970s, though the majority still choose a religious affiliation (see Fig 2). Thirty-eight percent more 8th graders and 53% more 10th graders chose “none” as their religious preference in 2010–13 compared to 1991–94. The increase in religious “nones” was especially steep over the last decade. Between 2000 and 2010–13, 31% more 8th graders (13% compared to 17%) professed no religious affiliation, as did 43% more 10th graders (14% to 20%) and 50% more 12th graders (16% to 24%). Three times as many college students in the 2010s (vs. the late 1960s) reported no religious affiliation, though the majority are still affiliated. In just the 13 years between 2000 and 2013, 87% more college students chose no religious affiliation (15% vs. 28%). Compared to the early 1970s, four times as many reported that their mother had no religious affiliation, and more than twice as many reported that their father had no religious affiliation. The gap between students’ affiliation and parents’ affiliation has grown (see Table 1); this suggests both that more students grew up without religion and that more are abandoning their parents’ religion by college entry.
Notice the part I emphasised. So, while he may not quite be the minority, Americans are certainly moving away from organised religion.
Religion gets two cracks at most people. A lot of us are brainwashed young. Then there's 20 year olds. Usually young adults go through a religious phase. We get old enough to start asking questions. I just can't believe so many people for 2000 years swallowed Christianity. I can't believe the Greeks believed Paul when he went there and told them the Messiah stories

Religion gets two cracks at most people. A lot of us are brainwashed young. Then there's 20 year olds. Usually young adults go through a religious phase. We get old enough to start asking questions. I just can't believe so many people for 2000 years swallowed Christianity. I can't believe the Greeks believed Paul when he went there and told them the Messiah stories
All Religions Sealy are used as a form of repression,and established Religions are by and large corrupt,If there is a God all the heads of these religions would be the last people Jesus would wish to deal with...they are the scribes of his era....and an anathema to Jesus teachings.

All Religions Sealy are used as a form of repression,and established Religions are by and large corrupt,If there is a God all the heads of these religions would be the last people Jesus would wish to deal with...they are the scribes of his era....and an anathema to Jesus teachings.
Even Jesus was gullible. There is no God. That's my teachings. Better to see things how they really are.

Jesus is the main character in their story. The ultimate martyr

All I've asked is for G O D to appear on my microwave. That is all I ask. That would've put my doubt to rest but god didn't do it. Instead I have to believe this one religion I happen to be born into even though I doubted even when I was a child.

Honestly I don't think I ever believed. My youngest memory is at my yayas house she had icons and my aunt told me about religion. My parents weren't super religious but my aunt takes the Bible literally. I remember not buying it. I'm too smart

Nonsense.

So your inspiring God to you is just that but others have a differing opinion,one has to look at different religions for a start....lets take Catholicism for starters....the first Popes were not religious MEN(emphasis as Women are not really given much credence in that body) but LAWYERS....but I digress...all religions are responsible for utmost VIOLENCE throughout history...today we concentrate on ISIS and their lacky's...but all religions have been exactly the same.....all have the best God according to them.

A violent God at that.....steve
The gap between rich and rest of us led to the French revolution. It also led to the church losing it's power.

People are realizing religion has been forced on us for hundreds of years. So long we don't need it forced on us we want it.

I ask this of myself all the time. What event or occurence would stand out from natural phenomenae and be an unmistakle indication of an all-powerful conscious G-d doing something?

If the Earth suddenly stopped rotating for a day or so then started up again, I'd take that as proof of G-d.

An angel materializing before me would suffice as well. Thought I encountered one way back, but think it was just a really beautiful woman I passed in a hallway and our eyes met for a moment. I actually stopped in my tracks awestruck.

You know, things like that. :)
Well, god hasn't completely flooded Indiana like I told him to do this week in order to prove his existance.

I ask this of myself all the time. What event or occurence would stand out from natural phenomenae and be an unmistakle indication of an all-powerful conscious G-d doing something?

If the Earth suddenly stopped rotating for a day or so then started up again, I'd take that as proof of G-d.

An angel materializing before me would suffice as well. Thought I encountered one way back, but think it was just a really beautiful woman I passed in a hallway and our eyes met for a moment. I actually stopped in my tracks awestruck.

You know, things like that. :)
Well, god hasn't completely flooded Indiana like I told him to do this week in order to prove his existance.

Don't blame god. He was busy this week healing people who placed hands on their TV screens during televangelists broadcasts. For reasons that I do not understand, god sure does need an awful lot of money, and can't seem to come up with it on his own, without TV preachers.

No, I wouldn't. As has been demonstrated by many of the posts on this thread, there is no logical, rational, objective evidence of God, so there is no "failing" of my brain, but we're all just supposed to say, "Okay. I will ignore reason, and logic, and go with the warm fuzzies, instead,"

That's not a failing of my brain, that is your God, in this silly hypothetical, failing to provide the one thing that us sceptics would need to change our positions. That's on him, not me.

I was addressing the point where you were addressing God. In that scenario you were telling God, "I have a brain." All your life your brain had been telling you there is no God, but here you are in a scenario where you are facing God--and it never crosses your mind that in such a scenario it may have been your brain that failed?

Forum List

Back