What would you accept as proof for G-d existing?

I do realize that a caterpillar won't believe it will become a butterfly, even if an imago landed on the same tree it was climbing on and said so, but aren't you much more than that?

smarten up.
I couldn't agree more. And the next time some soul comes back from this afterlife, and offers me objective evidence that this is so, I will be the first to change my position. And you can't point to a book that was written some 2,000 years ago, by a bunch of superstitious desert dwellers, as your "evidence", as that is not analogous. You specifically offered the example of a butterfly, personally, visiting the caterpillar, and offering evidence of "things to come". When I have seen such with my own eyes, and can verify, measure, and demonstrate such, then I will change my position.

lol, alrighty then.

you do know that a caterpillar has limited perceptions and its view of reality is restricted to crawling up and down one tree? Your own eyes might not be able to see beyond your own nose.

Is that too hard to believe?

You wouldn't know what you saw and would think they were crazy because every one day old caterpillar knows that caterpillars can't fly.

Even if you crawled up to the very top of the tallest tree on earth you would not be able to see or travel as far as any creature that can fly.

How could an insect in its undeveloped stage possibly grasp flight and the greater reality surrounding its one tree even if flight was demonstrated by an imago of the same species except by facilitating its own metamorphosis?

Open your mind to the overwhelming evidence presented by the ascendant nature of life everywhere and your position, and consequently you, will change.

Last edited:
I do realize that a caterpillar won't believe it will become a butterfly, even if an imago landed on the same tree it was climbing on and said so, but aren't you much more than that?

smarten up.
I couldn't agree more. And the next time some soul comes back from this afterlife, and offers me objective evidence that this is so, I will be the first to change my position. And you can't point to a book that was written some 2,000 years ago, by a bunch of superstitious desert dwellers, as your "evidence", as that is not analogous. You specifically offered the example of a butterfly, personally, visiting the caterpillar, and offering evidence of "things to come". When I have seen such with my own eyes, and can verify, measure, and demonstrate such, then I will change my position.
And the next time some soul comes back from this afterlife, and offers me objective evidence that this is so, I will be the first to change my position.

their their analogues of metamorphosis is screwy - the physical properties of the Being is changed by the genome from one to another while maintaining their identity - why would hob not recognize that distinction ...

you have yet to clarify where you came from to make the argument - "some soul comes back" - back from where -

where they began ... those that have "succeeded" - that may only be the one individual from the 1st century who was murdered, good luck waiting on them.

what guides the germination ...

What is your assessment of the accounts of near death experiences?

What is your assessment of the accounts of near death experiences?
My assessment would be that "NDE"s are entirely explainable by science, and medicine, and there is nothing supernatural about them.

Forum List

Back