What year did "the parties switch sides?"

When did the "Parties Switch Sides"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Whenever its convenient

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
We have many minorities in Akron and a growing Laotian population here. I do not know why there are so many coming to the area to be honest. We find it is the Rethugs that have the biggest problem with minorities. Not saying that plenty of Dims don't as well but not near as much as the Rethugs!

They come to Akron because Akron has the resources necessary to support their demands.
Why would they move to BFE if no one in BFE could ensure there is a safety net of social services ... :dunno:

I am not going to say you are incorrect because I don't know. The ones that live around our union hall are very polite and all work. Some at very menial jobs but they work and do their best to support their families. Now some other minorities AND non-minorities in the neighborhood, not so much!

Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.
You recognize 'Progressives'. Do you also recognize their political opposites? What would you call them?

You recognize Republicans and Democrats. Do you understand that those are political parties and not emblematic of political ideology when viewed through the lens of history?

Progressives keep trying to escape their racist past (present and future) by making the bizarre claim that the democrat party, the party of the KKK, southern slaves, the Tuskegee Experiments, a President who wouldn't shake the hand of Jesse Owens, the planned parenthood black eugenics party, the "I'll have them ******* voting democrat for the next 2 hundit (hundred with LBJ southern accent) years" party, were actually all done by Republicans because the "parties switched sides"

When did this happen or is this just another Progressive Goebbelesque Big Lie, like Sen Joe McCarthy using his House Unamerican Activities Committee to blacklist innocent Hollywood communists.

You post a thread to announce your ignorance. Bizarre.

Its all true.

I am not going to say you are incorrect because I don't know. The ones that live around our union hall are very polite and all work. Some at very menial jobs but they work and do their best to support their families. Now some other minorities AND non-minorities in the neighborhood, not so much!

Yeah ... There's nothing wrong with people working to support their families.
There's nothing wrong with minorities (or anyone for that matter) taking advantage of social services they qualify for.

I guess what I am getting at is that some areas (especially metro areas) ...
Are just better equipped to handle the infrastructure associated with those services.

I mean I live in a rural area.
It doesn't make the same difference if someone gets food stamps ... It's still 25 miles to a major grocery store.
There's a public bus ... That covers the whole area ... But it might take someone a day to catch the bus, shop, and return home.
There's not enough tax revenue to afford more buses ... So that resource just isn't there.

You go to a place like Akron ... And that kind of infrastructure is available with easier access.

Today, they still lie just like in the good old times.

And also, support slavery just as before. Today they do the freeloading through taxation, which we are already paying more than the slaves did.

You recognize 'Progressives'. Do you also recognize their political opposites? What would you call them?

I call them Americans.

I call them Americans.
Thank you. Now, what would normally educated people call the opposite of Progressive?

You post a thread to announce your ignorance. Bizarre.

Its all true.

And you hitch a ride on the ignorance bus. Go SpeedRacer!

I call them Americans.
Thank you. Now, what would normally educated people call the opposite of Progressive?

Gawd only knows what those who agree with you erroneously call it. I don't move in such drab, boorish social circles.

I call them Americans.

Gawd only knows what those who agree with you erroneously call it. I don't move in such drab, boorish social circles.
I recognize that your social circle is limited to those who think as you do. That is quite apparent. But if you let your mind out of its limited little box for just a moment, could you tell me what the opposite of progressive is?

I call them Americans.

I recognize that your social circle is limited to those who think as you do.

An empty statement. You do not know me at all. You have not have a single clue about me other than what I post here.

I selected 1965 simply because I recall it was around the era of the Civil Rights Bill which seemed to me the straw that broke the camel's back. Recall afterwards many southern Democrats switching parties.

Name the Democratic Party Senators and Congressmen who switched parties.

The first person to switch parties was Grow in 1856 the next change was Albert Watson in 1965 then no party changing until the 70’s. I thought there was supposed to be people changing parties like mad in the 60’s.

Yeah ... There's nothing wrong with people working to support their families.
There's nothing wrong with minorities (or anyone for that matter) taking advantage of social services they qualify for.

I guess what I am getting at is that some areas (especially metro areas) ...
Are just better equipped to handle the infrastructure associated with those services.

I mean I live in a rural area.
It doesn't make the same difference if someone gets food stamps ... It's still 25 miles to a major grocery store.
There's a public bus ... That covers the whole area ... But it might take someone a day to catch the bus, shop, and return home.
There's not enough tax revenue to afford more buses ... So that resource just isn't there.

You go to a place like Akron ... And that kind of infrastructure is available with easier access.

Gotcha, and true was just wondering the attraction to Akron Ohio. Can not imagine it would be much like home, lol.

I selected 1965 simply because I recall it was around the era of the Civil Rights Bill which seemed to me the straw that broke the camel's back. Recall afterwards many southern Democrats switching parties.

Name the Democratic Party Senators and Congressmen who switched parties.

The first person to switch parties was Grow in 1856 the next change was Albert Watson in 1965 then no party changing until the 70’s. I thought there was supposed to be people changing parties like mad in the 60’s.

Strom Thurmond switch parties in 1964.

A lot of Dem Voters switched during Reagan's presidency.
Left Wingers in the Press and Hollywood have been attacking Heartland Americans for about 50 years now.
They regard the Americans who live outside of LA and NYC to be inferior people.
One of the unspoken truths about the Left Wingers is that they are anti-wasp.

The race riots and far left demonstrations of the late 60's turned many mainstream voters away from the Democrats.

1968 Democrat Convention riot
1968chicagoPoliceRiot.png

I call them Americans.

I recognize that your social circle is limited to those who think as you do.

An empty statement. You do not know me at all. You have not have a single clue about me other than what I post here.
And that impression is getting poorer each time you evade this very simple question: what is the opposite of progressive?

Civil right act.
Do you really believe current KKK and white supremists are Dems?
Wow

Forum List

Back