What's happening to the Obama administration,AP phone tap, IRS, what next..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
GOVT OBTAINS WIDE AP PHONE RECORDS IN PROBE
The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed incoming and outgoing calls, and the duration of each call, for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP.

In all, the government seized those records for more than 20 separate telephone lines assigned to AP and its journalists in April and May of 2012. The exact number of journalists who used the phone lines during that period is unknown but more than 100 journalists work in the offices whose phone records were targeted on a wide array of stories about government and other matters.
Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe

Then IRS has been auditing based on political persuasion...
n the book, written before news broke about the IRS targeting conservative groups prompted by the Tea Party movement, Rumsfeld suggests that the agency has a record of targeting critics.

"Having been in the position of a chief executive officer, I can understand why a businessman might be reluctant to speak out against the actions of federal agencies that have the power to harm their enterprises," he wrote in Rumsfeld's Rules, which goes on sale Tuesday.

A little over a year ago, I reported that, ”It is likely that someone at the Internal Revenue Service illegally leaked confidential donor information showing a contribution from Mitt Romney’s political action committee to the National Organization for Marriage, says the group.”

Now — on the heels of news the IRS’s apology for having targeted conservative groups — NOM is renewing their demand that the Internal Revenue Service reveal the identity of the people responsible.

“There is little question that one or more employees at the IRS stole our confidential tax return and leaked it to our political enemies, in violation of federal law,” said NOM’s president Brian Brow, in a prepared statement.

Read more: The IRS admits to 'targeting' conservative groups, but were they also 'leaking'? | The Daily Caller

What's happening to the Obama administration is that it is finally being subjected to a little public scrutiny. They have been completely corrupt from the get-go, but the mainstream press ostriches are only now beginning to pull their heads out of the sand.

What's happening to the Obama administration is that it is finally being subjected to a little public scrutiny. They have been completely corrupt from the get-go, but the mainstream press ostriches are only now beginning to pull their heads out of the sand.

100% agree with you and NOW that the AP which has been the biggest ass kissers is under scrutiny this illustrates one of two characteristics of Obama:
1) He is as stupid as we know he is by having incompetent ignorant as he is people around and after 5 years the snowball is getting bigger OR

2) He thinks he doesn't need the MSM because hey he got re-elected and his has the Executive Orders at his fingertips!

So why is it they would need personal call information?

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed outgoing calls for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP. It was not clear if the records also included incoming calls or the duration of calls.

When all is said and done, the history books will show that this is the most corrupt Admin. ever.

The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

Excuse me for intruding, but I think you should consider that the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping gives the government the right to do this. Whether it's an individual or an organization, the feds can listen in.

Oh, and I guess you KNOW who passed this act, right? You didn't have a problem when this act was passed then and implemented, so why now?

Last edited:

Excuse me for intruding, but I think you should consider that the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping gives the government the right to do this. Whether it's an individual or an organization, the feds can listen in.

Oh, and I guess you KNOW who passed this act, right? You didn't have a problem when this act was passed then and implemented, so why now?

You do realize that they have to suspect terrorism in order for this to qualify, right?

...and you do realize who doubled down on this policy too, right? The amazing ZERO!!!

It is true paranoia for any leader to be so suspicious of his own allies. Of all of the things that obama did, and most have been worse, this is the one with the most devastating possible consequences. What ever support he lost, obama could always count on a compliant press. If he loses that, he may as well step down right now.

You do realize that they have to suspect terrorism in order for this to qualify, right?

...and you do realize who doubled down on this policy too, right? The amazing ZERO!!!

You DO understand the term "warrantless" when it was used within the context of passing this law, right?

"October 26, 2001

Congress Passes the USA PATRIOT Act, Amending FISA

The USA PATRIOT Act is passed by Congress, giving the government more
leeway in obtaining wiretapping warrants. Supporters of the law claim
that it will allow the government to respond quicker to terrorist
threats, but opponents fear that it will be used inappropriately[/U] and,
ultimately, be ineffective. (13)(14)

Bush Issues Executive Order Allowing Warrantless Wiretapping

President Bush, through a secret executive order, authorizes the NSA, which
already has confidential surveillance program in place, to wiretap
communications between foreign citizens suspected of having links to
terrorist groups and individuals on American soil. This wiretapping
is allowed without any warrant.
Communications between people located
in the US still requires a warrant. (15)(16)(17) "
NSA Warrantless Wiretapping Timeline | New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - American Civil Liberties Union of New York State

And I don't understand why you BushBots don't applaud Obama when he extends your far rightwing policies? You didn't blink an eye when this law was passed. But I'm sure you'll blame Obama for this instance, too.

Last edited:
obama is so paranoid that he stepped on his own mouthpiece. If he did this to AP you can be sure he's done it to others. Right now there isn't an agency in the nation that isn't looking for what obama did to them.

These links are to blog sites. But go ahead and suck it up like it was hard data.

Sorry, but the DOJ did not need to obtain a warrant or give a reason for the obtaining of phone records. There is no invasion of AP's privacy because whatever privacy anyone had was taken away by Bush and Cheney years ago.

You can't be this naive and also paranoid at the same time.

Presumably, they would have to have due cause for trampling on someone's privacy. Any explanation as to why the Obama administration did this other than to find out what reporters know? Were they worried that the media was onto them or something?

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed incoming and outgoing calls, and the duration of each call, for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP.

In all, the government seized those records for more than 20 separate telephone lines assigned to AP and its journalists in April and May of 2012. The exact number of journalists who used the phone lines during that period is unknown but more than 100 journalists work in the offices whose phone records were targeted on a wide array of stories about government and other matters.

Then IRS has been auditing based on political persuasion...
n the book, written before news broke about the IRS targeting conservative groups prompted by the Tea Party movement, Rumsfeld suggests that the agency has a record of targeting critics.

"Having been in the position of a chief executive officer, I can understand why a businessman might be reluctant to speak out against the actions of federal agencies that have the power to harm their enterprises," he wrote in Rumsfeld's Rules, which goes on sale Tuesday.

A little over a year ago, I reported that, ”It is likely that someone at the Internal Revenue Service illegally leaked confidential donor information showing a contribution from Mitt Romney’s political action committee to the National Organization for Marriage, says the group.”

Now — on the heels of news the IRS’s apology for having targeted conservative groups — NOM is renewing their demand that the Internal Revenue Service reveal the identity of the people responsible.

“There is little question that one or more employees at the IRS stole our confidential tax return and leaked it to our political enemies, in violation of federal law,” said NOM’s president Brian Brow, in a prepared statement.

Read more: The IRS admits to 'targeting' conservative groups, but were they also 'leaking'? | The Daily Caller

Jeez they're going to hang him like they did Bush for Abu Ghraib, I'm sure.

They'll be kicking your door in any day now and dragging you off to the gulag

Presumably, they would have to have due cause for trampling on someone's privacy. Any explanation as to why the Obama administration did this other than to find out what reporters know? Were they worried that the media was onto them or something?

No, the federal gov't does not need to have due cause. Again, do you understand the term "warrantless"?

No reason has to be given, no warrant has to be issued by a federal circuit judge in a court of law in order to wiretap or take records from anyone or anything. The DOJ can act independently without anyone's knowledge much less permission.

The Patriot Act is so lenient that federal authorities can enter your home based on suspicious noises coming from inside. THEY can deem whether those noises are suspicious or not, and act with impunity, and all under the presumption of investigating "terrorism" or terrorist activities, and do not have to prove it after the fact if they are wrong. It's "1984", folks, and Bush and Cheney did it.

Last edited:

They were dragged screaming and kicking.
They will go back to licking Obama's balls in a few weeks.

Forum List

Back