What's happening to the Obama administration,AP phone tap, IRS, what next..

It is true paranoia for any leader to be so suspicious of his own allies. Of all of the things that obama did, and most have been worse, this is the one with the most devastating possible consequences. What ever support he lost, obama could always count on a compliant press. If he loses that, he may as well step down right now.

You are 100% right!
The AP was the biggest defender of Obama and when local news used AP they never questioned AP's bias!

And as you said this idiot now going after the allies that and here is a FACT:

"Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees (85% of the employees!!!) of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
The average Republican contribution was $744.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

GOVT OBTAINS WIDE AP PHONE RECORDS IN PROBE
The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed incoming and outgoing calls, and the duration of each call, for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP.

In all, the government seized those records for more than 20 separate telephone lines assigned to AP and its journalists in April and May of 2012. The exact number of journalists who used the phone lines during that period is unknown but more than 100 journalists work in the offices whose phone records were targeted on a wide array of stories about government and other matters.
Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe

Then IRS has been auditing based on political persuasion...
n the book, written before news broke about the IRS targeting conservative groups prompted by the Tea Party movement, Rumsfeld suggests that the agency has a record of targeting critics.

"Having been in the position of a chief executive officer, I can understand why a businessman might be reluctant to speak out against the actions of federal agencies that have the power to harm their enterprises," he wrote in Rumsfeld's Rules, which goes on sale Tuesday.

A little over a year ago, I reported that, ”It is likely that someone at the Internal Revenue Service illegally leaked confidential donor information showing a contribution from Mitt Romney’s political action committee to the National Organization for Marriage, says the group.”

Now — on the heels of news the IRS’s apology for having targeted conservative groups — NOM is renewing their demand that the Internal Revenue Service reveal the identity of the people responsible.

“There is little question that one or more employees at the IRS stole our confidential tax return and leaked it to our political enemies, in violation of federal law,” said NOM’s president Brian Brow, in a prepared statement.

Read more: The IRS admits to 'targeting' conservative groups, but were they also 'leaking'? | The Daily Caller

jay carney just released statement

that the admin did not know about this

directs questions to justice department

--LOL

sure

--LOL

Excuse me for intruding, but I think you should consider that the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping gives the government the right to do this. Whether it's an individual or an organization, the feds can listen in.

Oh, and I guess you KNOW who passed this act, right? You didn't have a problem when this act was passed then and implemented, so why now?

You do realize that they have to suspect terrorism in order for this to qualify, right?

...and you do realize who doubled down on this policy too, right? The amazing ZERO!!!

You DO understand the term "warrantless" when it was used within the context of passing this law, right?

"October 26, 2001

Congress Passes the USA PATRIOT Act, Amending FISA

The USA PATRIOT Act is passed by Congress, giving the government more
leeway in obtaining wiretapping warrants. Supporters of the law claim
that it will allow the government to respond quicker to terrorist
threats, but opponents fear that it will be used inappropriately[/U] and,
ultimately, be ineffective. (13)(14)

Bush Issues Executive Order Allowing Warrantless Wiretapping

President Bush, through a secret executive order, authorizes the NSA, which
already has confidential surveillance program in place, to wiretap
communications between foreign citizens suspected of having links to
terrorist groups and individuals on American soil. This wiretapping
is allowed without any warrant. Communications between people located
in the US still requires a warrant. (15)(16)(17) "
NSA Warrantless Wiretapping Timeline | New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - American Civil Liberties Union of New York State

And I don't understand why you BushBots don't applaud Obama when he extends your far rightwing policies? You didn't blink an eye when this law was passed. But I'm sure you'll blame Obama for this instance, too.

I know what the problem is, We didnt think about democrats being elected President....since we know they will violate any spirit of any law, to further their cause

Forum List

Back