What's the most intolerant religion?

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
I vote Islam. It's so intolerant, that non muslims are banned from entering its two holiest cities. Not a Saudi Rule, but an Koranic based rule, explicit for Mecca, and they imply it for Medina as well.

All of them.

Go into a Catholic Church and you see in the beginning of the Missal what you should do if you are a catholic, a non catholic christian (broken down into orthodox and all others), and non chirstians. Basically it tells you if you can recieve eucharist or not.

How is that intolerant?

I don't think religions are 'intolerant' so much as people's interpretations of them.

The idea of 'owning' the One True TRUTH is just awfully attractive to some - so they put about the false rumor that 'everybody' has that element in their religion.

I know of no faith whose adherents are required to believe that 'nobody gets to Heaven except us' - but you'd swear that was a Commandment the way some folks talk.

All of them.

Cults one and all.

It seems a lack of religion is more intolerant than said religons... interesting.

Another utterly vapid assertion by a theist. Atheists have no cause to be intolerant as a group, since there is no binding ideology, other than to form a defensive posture against religious fanatics (the christian right lunatics) from trying to conflate church and state. That is the only cause that coalesces us, and might make is appear "intolerant," buy in reality, this perceived intolerance is a reaction against theists trying to circumvent the first amendment.

Cults one and all.

It seems a lack of religion is more intolerant than said religons... interesting.

Another utterly vapid assertion by a theist. Atheists have no cause to be intolerant as a group, since there is no binding ideology, other than to form a defensive posture against religious fanatics (the christian right lunatics) from trying to conflate church and state. That is the only cause that coalesces us, and might make is appear "intolerant," buy in reality, this perceived intolerance is a reaction against theists trying to circumvent the first amendment.

And the namecalling starts right off the bat....

Maybe we ask the questions what belief structure is the most butthurt...

Agnostics wouldnt be in that, but your dye in the wool "ruin everything for everyone else atheist" fits that to a tee.

All of them.

That's obviously not the case, but as most likely a liberal, your fear of insulting a darling group causes you to insult everyone.

Really? A liberal?

Well I suppose I am liberal in the sense that I put liberty above all else.

And I have no love of any religion. Religion is lust another control people allow to be placed on their minds

That the human mind accepts intolerance is the problem. Humans also turn their faiths into absolutes that all others must acknowledge. That is where 'we' fall short. So, in a way, almost all religions do that. Buddhism is perhaps an exception, but is also perhaps not a real religion and more of a philosophy or even psychology.

I vote Islam. It's so intolerant, that non muslims are banned from entering its two holiest cities. Not a Saudi Rule, but an Koranic based rule, explicit for Mecca, and they imply it for Medina as well.

Any practice based on Retributive Justice leads to oppressive conflict.
The opposite is Restorative Justice which leads to reconciliation and healing
in the spirit of forgiveness correction and restitution.

You will find people of all faiths or claiming no faith at all,
of all political leanings also, who practice retributive justice
by projection, rejection and judging and punishing others.

So that is the most intolerant and conflicting of all.
And it comes in many forms, not just one group or affiliation, but
depends on the person.

No religion is intolerant. People are intolerant. No religion has a monopoly on intolerant people.

No religion is intolerant. People are intolerant. No religion has a monopoly on intolerant people.

Would you say fundamentalism is a religious denomination?
Within any other group or affiliation?

Forum List

Back