What's the point of soccer, its so boring?

Most of the world thinks the sport of men running around it short pant is exciting, but if it wasn't for Soccer Riots what would be the point? I read a few years ago, fans in Brazil decapitated a soccer ref over a blown call. I guess that would be interesting too.

..I have to agree--it's like a never ending tennis match
...which game was it they played regulation, OT, = '''HOURS''' = then penalty shots!!!!! with very few scores
France vs Germany??

Most of the world thinks the sport of men running around it short pant is exciting, but if it wasn't for Soccer Riots what would be the point? I read a few years ago, fans in Brazil decapitated a soccer ref over a blown call. I guess that would be interesting too.

I want to riot.

Ok. All done.

I played soccer when I was a kid for several years. I had a good time. I played fullback and goalie.

Soccer is for whiners, fakers, divers and crybabies watched by a bunch of drunken louts who never got past the 3rd grade. That's why they have to keep the game really simple.

Most popular sport in the world.

Why? I have no idea.
1. don't have to be big to play
2. don't need special equipment
3. population of the world not as high in cold climates? = hockey not popular?
4. what about rugby--contact sport--no equipment?

..I went to South America twice--all over.....we played the other countries' military personnel in ''pick up games''
..on Rio beaches they played ''volleyball' with net--but head and feet only

No it isn't....just because you have a short attention span...............

Soccer is the only sport where if the ball hits you in the head, you do not get laughed at

Soccer is 'popular' because any person with two feet can play. It requires no athletic ability at all, so everyone pretends it's "beautiful." Same as declaring sneezing or sleeping to be some wonderful sport.

It gives preteen and teenage girls a sport they can participate annd it gives soccer moms a purpose

Soccer is 'popular' because any person with two feet can play. It requires no athletic ability at all, so everyone pretends it's "beautiful." Same as declaring sneezing or sleeping to be some wonderful sport.
What a stupid thing to say. Any person with two feet can also wrestle.

In fact you don't even need feet

1617372709057.png

What is the "point" of any sport? Not rationally justifiable.

Soccer is simple and requires almost no equipment. We have all seen people in primitive cultures playing with a ball that has been fashioned from natural materials that just happened to be available. The goal can be anything you want it to be.

Soccer looks like it would be fun to play, but for the unsophisticated observer (most Americans) it is boring as hell to watch. Indeed, it would be possible to create a "highlight film" of an entire World Cup tournament lasting less than ten minutes. It seems to me that the higher the level of competition, the less scoring takes place (like baseball, I suppose).

There can be no denying that it takes amazing skills to play soccer at the highest level. But on the other hand (no play on words intended), it is positively perverse that the world's most popular sport does not seriously include the use of the players' hands. Those are the appendages with which we do our best work.

In my area, the best soccer players are generally good at some other sport, and unless they are "scholarship material" in soccer, they drop soccer and go to the other sport by the time they reach 16 years old.

To me, the best thing about soccer in the U.S. is, unlike most sports, you can continue to play competitive soccer until you are too old to run. There is always a league somewhere that you can join. The same is not true of baseball, basketball, football, or hockey.

What was the news last week?...the U.S. mens' soccer team did not qualify for the Olympics? I'm devastated.

Soccer is the only sport where if the ball hits you in the head, you do not get laughed at

The Soccer federation should insist players wear helmets to protect them from injury and concussion.
That's probably coming as more kids play and end up with brain issues later in life. At the very least they'll start outlawing headers in the younger leagues. It's the same reason they limit the number of pitches a Little League pitcher can throw in a game. Let's face it, soccer is no more boring than baseball, where a perfect game means nothing happened.

Commieball. If you are a real American you just laugh at the little queers in their underwear running up and down the field.

Most Boring Game Ever!

Forum List

Back