Shenandoah County (Virginia) School Board votes to restore the Confederate memorial names of schools ...

You do realize naming schools, highways,monuments, military bases after Confederate heroes was done as an insult to blacks to keep them in their place?
Same with the proliferation of so-called confederate memorials.

Who else honors the losers? And in a war over the Right to enslave people? It would be like the Germans putting up monuments to the Nazis and naming schools after Mengele.

Shouldn't be a left-right thing.

The diary is a fake.

Parts of it were written in ball point pen, which weren't available until 1951.
However, the ballpoint pen theory has mostly been discredited. There are only three instances where a ballpoint pen was used in the diary: on two scraps of paper that were added into the diary at a later date (the contents of which have never been considered Anne Frank's writing and are usually attributed to being Otto Frank's notes) and in the page numbers (also probably added by Otto Frank while organizing the writings and papers).[81][82]

read about his life before you judge. he was loved by free slaves and slaved blacks. he was christian who probably apposed slavery . he help black man education and taught them. preached to them. they were sad when he died. who would have thought.
Now that's hilarious, I don't care who said it.

Our country's history hasn't been perfect, but, it's still our history and shouldn't be forgotten.
You mean like when the Daughters of the Confederacy got into revisionism about their parents?

Do those statues represent the history of Jim Crow?

Same with the proliferation of so-called confederate memorials.

Who else honors the losers? And in a war over the Right to enslave people? It would be like the Germans putting up monuments to the Nazis and naming schools after Mengele.
It's not about honoring losers...it's about remembering history exactly as it was. Erecting a statue need not be an act of honor....it can just as well be a beacon of avoidance.

In any case where do you draw the line? George Washington owned many slaves. Shall we take down all the Washington remembrances? Shall we re-name Washington state? DC?

The line between good and evil is often blurred. Had the northern industrialists been granted permission to use slave labor...the Civil war might never have happened.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
It's not about honoring losers...it's about remembering history exactly as it was. Erecting a statue need not be an act of honor....it can just as well be a beacon of avoidance.

In any case where do you draw the line? George Washington owned many slaves. Shall we take down all the Washington remembrances? Shall we re-name Washington state? DC?

The line between good and evil is often blurred. Had the northern industrialists been granted permission to use slave labor...the Civil war might never have happened.
I wonder whether I'm as good at picking slave state residents as I think I am.

It is not so much owning slaves as honoring the Confederacy

The people being honored are honored for leading the Confederacy. A Government formed to ensure blacks remain slaves.

It is not so much owning slaves as honoring the Confederacy

The people being honored are honored for leading the Confederacy. A Government formed to ensure blacks remain slaves.
So you're saying: Because this is a mistake we never want to repeat, why expend any effort to make it look in any way legitimate?

I can digest that.

Jo

So you're saying: Because this is a mistake we never want to repeat, why expend any effort to make it look in any way legitimate?

I can digest that.

Jo

We need to be honest about why we honor the Confederacy after over 150 years.
This “heritage” is nothing to be proud of

The Confederacy is rubbed in blacks faces as a way to show….this is where you belong

1715512618287.jpeg

Forum List

Back