What's with the low oil prices?

How can you expect us to believe you make millions when you make such stupid comments.

Which companies were you talking about.

And what about the times those companies continue to refine gasoline at reduced rates because they are actually losing money ?

Profiteering through manipulation.

Equedia Investment Research How the Commodities Market is Manipulated Equedia Investment Research

Again....Didn't oil companies make billions in profits when gasoline was at $1.00/gal?

You made the claim, you produce the numbers.

First, please tell us how they manipulated the market.

Your article says nothing about oil.

The Goldman Sachs aluminum story was amusing. But recall the Hunts got creamed in Silver around 1980.

I'm not aware of any low oil prices.
Currently the prices aren't as high as they have been through most of this hack admin's term. A result of increased supply, thanks to increased extraction in this country on land that is off limits to the extremist restrictions this hack admin has been imposing and as a result of increased output by Saudi Arabia.
All in spite of this hack admin's economically disastrous energy policy.

The Goldman Sachs aluminum story was amusing. But recall the Hunts got creamed in Silver around 1980.

You're debating oil prices and you don't know? That's sad.

Oil AND gasoline are priced on the commodities market, and you can't see how the post relates?

Oil AND gasoline are priced on the commodities market, and you can't see how the post relates?

How does that article help your claim about oil manipulation?

I'm not debating oil prices....moron.

You claim that people like Goldman Sach's manipulate the market.

If you've got a connection (your article says nothing), you'd better produce it.

It doesn't.

He's in free fall and he knows it. That's why he won't complete the argument....he does not have one.

Oil prices took a short term dip in late 1998. I know because I was looking at some coalbed methane wells around that time.

It pushed many independent producers into shutting down or going out of business.

Prices returned after a few months.

Gasoline never hit 1.00/gallon at the pump. I recall it getting as low as 1.27 where we lived.

Even at 10 dollar crude, there isn't enough margin at 1.25 for refineries to make a killing.

Last edited:

It doesn't.

He's in free fall and he knows it. That's why he won't complete the argument....he does not have one.

Oil prices took a short term dip in late 1998. I know because I was looking at some coalbed methane beds around that time.

It pushed many independent producers into shutting down or going out of business.

Gasoline never hit 1.00/gallon at the pump. I recall it getting as low as 1.27 where we lived.

Even at 10 dollar crude, there isn't enough margin at 1.25 for refineries to make a killing.
Prices in some places were just under $1 per in the late 1990's.
A Disney movie from 2002 has a couple of scenes with a gas station in the backdrop and the price was $1.17.

It doesn't.

Oil prices took a short term dip in late 1998. I know because I was looking at some coalbed methane beds around that time.

A Disney movie from 2002 has a couple of scenes with a gas station in the backdrop and the price was $1.17.

That would mean a rack price of only about 65 cents a gallon. How would refining make tons of money off of that ?

It doesn't.

Oil prices took a short term dip in late 1998. I know because I was looking at some coalbed methane wells around that time.

Didn't Exxon/Mobil make record profits around that time?

I'm not debating oil prices....moron.

You claim that people like Goldman Sach's manipulate the market.

If you've got a connection (your article says nothing), you'd better produce it.

The thread is titled 'What's with the low oil prices?'

Commodities is totally manipulated. It's where I go to make some fast cash.

Commodities is totally manipulated.

Prove it.

It's where I go to make some fast cash.

Please, share your strategy.

It doesn't.

Didn't Exxon/Mobil make record profits around that time?

Uhmmmm....

Don't think so.

They made less in 1999 than they made in 1998 (someone did the math...that was the year of the merger).

In 2000, oil prices rose to about 22 dollars per barrel. They made good money that year.

1999 was a low year (and what do you expect).

So what was your point ?

Uhmmmm....

Don't think so.

They made less in 1999 than they made in 1998 (someone did the math...that was the year of the merger).

In 2000, oil prices rose to about 22 dollars per barrel. They made good money that year.

So what was your point ?

How many billions did they make in profit?

Uhmmmm....

Don't think so.

So what was your point ?

How many billions did they make in profit?

You don't know ?

And you are debating oil prices ?

Sad.

It doesn't.

That would mean a rack price of only about 65 cents a gallon. How would refining make tons of money off of that ?
Ask them. I'm just reporting on what actually was.

Forum List

Back