What's with the low oil prices?

You need to do some research. We have more potential reserves than OPEC.
Then consider Bush's post-drilling-moratorium plans from late 2008/early2009, plans immediately scrapped by the current fascist-in-chief as the moratorium was reimposed.

Potential supplies mean what?

For shale oil and gas to be extracted, it costs more. If costs go down OPEC may just see competitors go out of business because they can't afford to extract for the price that it is being sold at. Therefore OPEC goes back to having a far larger share of "potential" oil supplies, which are just what people are willing to produce.

You know the US is pissed, they can't attack the Saudis who are behind it, so they attack Venezuela and Iran instead. New sanctions against Venezuela only last week.

You know the US is pissed, they can't attack the Saudis who are behind it,

The Saudis are behind what?

pissed over lower oil prices??????????

Yep.

Before when the US bought from other countries, low oil prices were great. Now the US is producing, they know that OPEC controlling the price and sending prices down will potentially put a lot of US shale production out of business because it won't be able to make a profit.

Opec willing to push oil price to 40 says Gulf oil minister - Telegraph

"
Opec willing to push oil price to $40 says Gulf oil minister
Senior Opec ministers says cartel has no fear of oil prices falling to levels as low as $40 per barrel amid price war with Russia and US shale"

Then screw 'em.

Oil Companies have been artificially raising the cost of gasoline by mothballing refineries - so screw 'em. They wanna abandon free market principles, then screw 'em, nationalize the industry.

Then screw 'em.

Oil Companies have been artificially raising the cost of gasoline by mothballing refineries - so screw 'em. They wanna abandon free market principles, then screw 'em, nationalize the industry.

they're not "abandoning free market principles", they never accepted them in the first place. OPEC is a cartel, it's what cartels do.

But then the US is only into free market principles when it suits them too.

Then screw 'em.

they're not "abandoning free market principles", they never accepted them in the first place. OPEC is a cartel, it's what cartels do.

I'm talking about U.S. oil companies

OPEC putting oil prices down.

What did Saudi Arabia do to "put oil prices down"?

Are you paying attention to oil prices?

I am. What did Saudi Arabia do to "put oil prices down"?

I didn't say Saudi Arabia, I said OPEC.

Read this.

Then screw 'em.

I'm talking about U.S. oil companies

If the shoe fits....

Read this.

My mistake.

Wait, what?

Then consider Bush's post-drilling-moratorium plans from late 2008/early2009, plans immediately scrapped by the current fascist-in-chief as the moratorium was reimposed.

For shale oil and gas to be extracted, it costs more. If costs go down OPEC may just see competitors go out of business because they can't afford to extract for the price that it is being sold at. Therefore OPEC goes back to having a far larger share of "potential" oil supplies, which are just what people are willing to produce.

You know the US is pissed, they can't attack the Saudis who are behind it, so they attack Venezuela and Iran instead. New sanctions against Venezuela only last week.
Potential supplies as in offshore and fed land extraction, much of which was granted at the end of the Bush term and re-restricted by obama. The shale production is a bonus.

Read this.

My mistake.

Wait, what?

Yeah, behind it. OPEC increased oil prices. OPEC, got that. Within OPEC are various nations, one of whom happens to be Saudi. The Saudis have done this quite a few times before, undermining the US while still being their allies.

The Saudis are behind this as far as I can tell, they get OPEC to do what they want. That doesn't mean the Saudis are increasing oil prices, they can't. They can get OPEC to do it. Make sense?

Potential supplies as in offshore and fed land extraction, much of which was granted at the end of the Bush term and re-restricted by obama. The shale production is a bonus.

Potential supplies are what you can get out of the ground. No one is going to get it out if it costs too much to do so. If the companies go bust, they can't do it either. Potential supplies different based on different scenarios. What's the potential oil supply on Jupiter. 0 barrels, too expensive to bother going there, not matter how much it actually might have.

Read this.

Only Saudi Arabia matters in OPEC. It's the only one willing to withdraw capacity.

Read this.

My mistake.

Wait, what?

Yeah, behind it. OPEC increased oil prices. OPEC, got that. Within OPEC are various nations, one of whom happens to be Saudi. The Saudis have done this quite a few times before, undermining the US while still being their allies.

The Saudis are behind this as far as I can tell, they get OPEC to do what they want. That doesn't mean the Saudis are increasing oil prices, they can't. They can get OPEC to do it. Make sense?

Yeah, behind it. OPEC increased oil prices.

Prices are dropping.

That doesn't mean the Saudis are increasing oil prices, they can't. They can get OPEC to do it.

You want the US to attack the Saudis for increasing oil prices, when prices are crashing?

Make sense?

No.

Forum List

Back