What's with the low oil prices?

As the price for oil approaches 50 dollars a barrel what do you think is up?

The Oil cartel could cut production as they have in the past to maintain prices but have not. They are sitting on a pile of gold so it is not like it would hurt them.

Could it be to hurt fracking? Which I have heard there is now no where to store more gas in the US.

Or could it be to bankrupt Russia? To destroy their oil industry and if so what do you think Putin might do?

Oil production in the US is expensive compared to that in Saudi Arabia. The Arabs are trying to shut down US production by making it impossible for American oil to be profitable. I'm really not certain how they think this will work because it seems to me that if anything it would only temporarily stop US production. As soon as prices began to climb again, the cycle would just repeat itself. As for Putin, my prediction is that Russians hang him within the next five years as a traitor.

The Oil cartel could cut production as they have in the past to maintain prices but have not. They are sitting on a pile of gold so it is not like it would hurt them.

Could it be to hurt fracking? Which I have heard there is now no where to store more gas in the US.

Or could it be to bankrupt Russia? To destroy their oil industry and if so what do you think Putin might do?

Oil production in the US is expensive compared to that in Saudi Arabia. The Arabs are trying to shut down US production by making it impossible for American oil to be profitable. I'm really not certain how they think this will work because it seems to me that if anything it would only temporarily stop US production. As soon as prices began to climb again, the cycle would just repeat itself. As for Putin, my prediction is that Russians hang him within the next five years as a traitor.

I work in energy.

As prices get lower...money gets spent other places and the price of things goes down (or it should).

Let them make our lived more abundant.

After they've been over thrown...prices will come back and we'll save our entertainment dollars to fill our gas tanks.

No as prices get lower idiot Amurikans spend the money they already didn't have on something else. Last night I saw a guest on Cavuto say that lower gas prices are allowing people to go to Macy's for an extra couple of weeks before their credit cards are declined. And they will be able to pay their Christmas bills off in March instead of May. No surprise Mr. pencil neck agreed with her.

Without really know for sure but it seems to me that to produce oil in a country and refine it in that country has to be cheaper then shipping that same oil thousands of miles.

Never the less it is your opinion that we are in a good old fashioned gas war?

What I have been thinking is maybe this is the last of the death throw of our economy, which means the world's economy. Who ever thought oil would dorp so low so fast. I find it hard to believe that the world's oil is not controlled by a very few people, OPEC or not. I seriously doubt that OPEC or anyone else is willing to take such a hit. Besides, if supply and demand has anything to do with price I have not seen either increase recently but maybe I am not watching enough news.

What I really want to know is if I should be oil futures.

We also both know I'd spit in your face and wait for your reaction ;)

You would do no such thing, as you well know. :lol: You are a coward, you have always been.

I will be in Omaha in the next month or so. Instead of sending notification privately when I do, I will post if for the whole board.

This should be good.

I'd like to come watch.

Last month he said he'd be in Omaha too, Jake is a sissy assed liar.

You would do no such thing, as you well know. :lol: You are a coward, you have always been.

I will be in Omaha in the next month or so. Instead of sending notification privately when I do, I will post if for the whole board.

This should be good.

I'd like to come watch.

ocd'ing again, cletus.

Listening =
smiley-scared002.gif

Without really know for sure but it seems to me that to produce oil in a country and refine it in that country has to be cheaper then shipping that same oil thousands of miles.

What I have been thinking is maybe this is the last of the death throw of our economy, which means the world's economy. Who ever thought oil would dorp so low so fast. I find it hard to believe that the world's oil is not controlled by a very few people, OPEC or not. I seriously doubt that OPEC or anyone else is willing to take such a hit. Besides, if supply and demand has anything to do with price I have not seen either increase recently but maybe I am not watching enough news.

It is not just demand and supply.

It is also the speculation that can throw off by as much as 25%.

bullshit

bullshit

the comment was about a product on a commodities exchange .. not what you ate for supper.

This should be good.

I'd like to come watch.

Yep....

He's all kinds of talk.

Still won't go into the bullring with me.

Just hides under someone's skirt and talks tough.

Actually, I think you just insulted sissy assed liars.

You're talking to a guy that thinks walmart should be forced to pay taxes on revenue not profits. Ayup... he thinks subtracting the cost of goods is a "tax subsidy." That's why his name is 1% cause that's his tax rate on "revenue."

Can't figure it out? That's sad......

You're talking to a guy that thinks walmart should be forced to pay taxes on revenue not profits. Ayup... he thinks subtracting the cost of goods is a "tax subsidy." That's why his name is 1% cause that's his tax rate on "revenue."

Can't figure it out? That's sad......
I figured it out a long time ago. You work at walmart for pretty damn close to minimum wage, but you like to pretend like you own the place.

You want $1/gallon gasoline? Then say goodbye to exploration, drilling, production and infrastructure in this country. :slap:

Watch as thousands of companies go under and tens of thousands join the Obama Food Stamp party.
Then crude imports soar and billions in hard currency once again get drained from our economy and leave the country for good.

Forum List

Back