What's with the low oil prices?

How do you know? Are you a creeper?

How do I know? I've read his posts. He's a loser OWS shitter.
images

You know because! LOL you must be OWS shitter yourself
GENTLEMEN!

Compose yourselves... :slap:

You have three companies that control 95%+ of the market with fixed prices. What would you call it?

What are you talking about?

90 million barrels of oil are produced every day. The largest producing company is Saudi Aramco, which produces 12 million barrels a day. The next two largest are Exxon and Shell, which each produce 4 million barrels. Those three have 22% of the market, not 95%. There are thousands of oil companies that make up the rest of the market. That's not an oligopoly.

Energy is a competitive market. All producers are price takers, with the exception of Saudi Arabia who has chosen to be the swing producer.

when oil was around $10-15 a barrel a short period during the Clinton administration, were the oil companies and the middle east still profitable?

The industry as a whole did not earn its cost of capital from the early 80s through the mid 90s. In the mid 90s, there was a wave of mergers to rectify this situation.

There are nearly 100 publicly traded E&P companies in America. Most of them would either go bankrupt or need to be sold if oil was at $40-$50 for a prolonged period of time. Many will not survive at $60-$70.

Most likely, Saudi Arabia is trying to hurt Russia. Russia backs Syria and Iran, and also backs the invasion of the Ukraine.

Our Secretary of State visited Saudi Arabia earlier this year. This is probably being done at our behest.
Who produces more oil the USA or the Saudis?

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

You have three companies that control 95%+ of the market with fixed prices. What would you call it?

90 million barrels of oil are produced every day. The largest producing company is Saudi Aramco, which produces 12 million barrels a day. The next two largest are Exxon and Shell, which each produce 4 million barrels. Those three have 22% of the market, not 95%. There are thousands of oil companies that make up the rest of the market. That's not an oligopoly.

Energy is a competitive market. All producers are price takers, with the exception of Saudi Arabia who has chosen to be the swing producer.

He's an idiot. He also thinks Berkshire has a tax rate of 5%.

Damn you had to go quoting facts to him. Dont bother him with the facts. He knows it all already.

Once again I called it right. I liquidated some funds that would be a burden in the market and have them ready for investment in rental property here in the city and valley. I think we will be in a recession through most of next year.

O.K.

Now you sound more like Chris.

It's gets worse with each post.

You called it right ?

You haven't been right since you were born.

Listening shows she is as all about feelings and nothing about fact or logic.

You need to listen to some of the business channels and do some reading other than propaganda.

Listening shows she is as all about feelings and nothing about fact or logic.

You need to listen to some of the business channels and do some reading other than propaganda.

What facts and logic Fakey....

You are speculating....good luck.

Forum List

Back