What's wrong with firing squad?

You've honestly never seen anyone use hyperbole to stress a point? Only a gullible person fails to recognise satire when they see it.

I wonder how many other people you don't like because you took them literaly. Are you by chance a Christian? Because that would explain it....

Anyway, there are many problems with our correctional systom, it's failure to rehabilitate criminals being amung them. The death penalty does nothing for it.

Oh, you were "only kidding". Got it.
Nope, wasnt kidding at all. You're very inexperienced at this.

All this hoopla. And I have to agree with the inmates with it being now experimental. Electrocution would suck and so would the gas chamber. Hanging can be drawn out unless done right..like someone pulling the legs to snap the neck. So that leaves firing squad. Chest and head....you is DAID. No fuss, no muss.

Or we could just stop killing people for crimes, as it is too expensive to have any certainty that you aren't killing the wrong guy.

It is less expensive than allowing them to live their entire life behind bars...filing appeals and attacking the justice system with nuisance law suits.....just because you don't kill them doesn't mean they stop trying to hurt people....
Why not send them shopping in Walmart with the crack shot 2 years old.

Nope, wasnt kidding at all. You're very inexperienced at this.

No, i have lots of experience dealing with attention seeking trolls.

Usually best to just ignore you.
A little to late for that lol.

The death penalty has no value as a tool for correcting behavior. It's simply not a deterrent at all. So if we're going to have it, then lets keep it cheap and simple.

I could argue against having a death penalty at all, but that's not what this thread is about ;)

Last edited:
Can you tell they're illegals just by looking at them? I believe Az wanted them to start carrying papers and to allow Sherrif Joe to stop them. Comon, you all hate Hyspanics down there.

That's what SB1070 was all about - basically, Driving While Brown.

A national law enforcement org showed that Pima county sheriff, Clarence Dupnik was #1 in the country for actually catching and deporting illegals while Arpaio is #13. Arpaio doesn't actually do much except brag about what he'll do in the future. Just re-elect the old fart, that's all he cares about.

Not all of AZ is racist and stupid though. There are Christian groups who put out water for them and I never hesitated to help those who came to my door.

Mexicans are just like everyone else - there's good and bad and they're mostly good.

Anyone who helps illegal aliens in any way should be locked up. Putting out water for them should be a felony punished with at least 20 years at hard labor (walling off Mexico).
Not the Christian approach. Don't say we are a 'Christian' nation with your crappy attitude.

The next time you see the Statue of Liberty, hang your head in shame.

I will give you one hundred billion dollars if you can point to where I said we are a "Christian nation". For that matter, I will give you one trillion dollars if you can point to where I claimed to be a Christian.
Post proof of your ability to pay.

I do not need to pay, because I have never once said we are a "Christian nation", and am not a Christian. Anything else you want to be wrong about today?

A firing squad is generally very fast, and not prone to error.
I see no problem with it.

I would prefer firing squad. And I am pretty sure there are some out there that would not mind at all being behind the rifle.

What about crucifiction? Could you picture yourself nailing a convict to a cross while they scream and beg for their parents? I'd support crucifiction as a sentencing option simply due to the cruelty involved, which would cause greater pause for thought before committing a capital crime.

Only in the greatest Country in the world do condemned inmates still have the freedom to petition the government. Too bad the whiny left doesn't appreciate it. The electric chair is an option for condemned inmates in many states. I think the firing squad is also an option in some states. I guess hanging is outlawed though.

I would prefer firing squad. And I am pretty sure there are some out there that would not mind at all being behind the rifle.
I think that would depend on the condemned subject's crime and/or his social history.

I personally harbor more compassion toward a mouse in a spring trap than I would toward some human offenders. And I think publicly administered guillotine execution should be considered as punishment for some crimes, such as child molestation, sadistic premeditated murder, and some examples of forcible rape. I'm sure it would serve as a significant deterrent for such offenses.

yep, sell tickets at MSG and pay for view

We need something more dramatic. Unleash the ravenous lions!

Forum List

Back