What's wrong with firing squad?

Isn't it ironic that Conservatives so concerned with a powerful government doing wrong all the time, according to them, and consistently inept, again according to them, have no problem with that same wrong and inept government meting out the death penalty?

Isn't it ironic that Conservatives living in contempt of an intrusive state, a state that, according to them, seeks to control every aspect of their lives, support the state in delivering the ultimate punishment? And the state does this in their names, as well as mine.

Where Justice is concerned, the Conservatives see no problem in withholding that justice to those who may have been wrongly accused.

I guess the government is seen as noble when meting out cruelty to those who have been captured and then " interrogated". And that same state that threatens the Conservatives insatiable need to avoid taxation is competent enough to execute.

Isn't it ironic?

Unless you consider just how uncivilized the Conservative outlook truly is where justice and truth are concerned.
Isn't it ironic that Liberals want the right to kill innocent babies but cringe at the idea of killing violent criminals?
And for all the rights Conservatives claim they cherish, for all the contempt they have for 'intrusive government', the right of a woman to reproductive freedom is one they always harken back to. They would deny a woman her right to her own future and back up that denial by using an intrusive government.

And the irony piles up deeper and deeper.

There would probably be less opposition if a woman couldn't take away a man's reproductive freedom.

Isn't it ironic that Conservatives so concerned with a powerful government doing wrong all the time, according to them, and consistently inept, again according to them, have no problem with that same wrong and inept government meting out the death penalty?

Isn't it ironic that Conservatives living in contempt of an intrusive state, a state that, according to them, seeks to control every aspect of their lives, support the state in delivering the ultimate punishment? And the state does this in their names, as well as mine.

Where Justice is concerned, the Conservatives see no problem in withholding that justice to those who may have been wrongly accused.

I guess the government is seen as noble when meting out cruelty to those who have been captured and then " interrogated". And that same state that threatens the Conservatives insatiable need to avoid taxation is competent enough to execute.

Isn't it ironic?

Unless you consider just how uncivilized the Conservative outlook truly is where justice and truth are concerned.
Isn't it ironic that Liberals want the right to kill innocent babies but cringe at the idea of killing violent criminals?
And for all the rights Conservatives claim they cherish, for all the contempt they have for 'intrusive government', the right of a woman to reproductive freedom is one they always harken back to. They would deny a woman her right to her own future and back up that denial by using an intrusive government.

There would probably be less opposition if a woman couldn't take away a man's reproductive freedom.
Perhaps that man does not want that responsibility that comes with reproductive freedom.

Isn't it ironic?

Perhaps that man does not want that responsibility that comes with reproductive freedom.

Whether he does or not is irrelevant to the point, which is once a woman is pregnant, she has the total power to either force the financial responsibilities of fatherhood on him or deny then to him.

Gee, when 80% men become the primary caretakers, I'll consider those crying.

Isn't it ironic?

Whether he does or not is irrelevant to the point, which is once a woman is pregnant, she has the total power to either force the financial responsibilities of fatherhood on him or deny then to him.
You look passed that responsibility factor directly at what you perceive as a power grab. The man has responsibilities. If he cedes those responsibilities, he cedes any and all "power" in the decision.

I thought you were republican, Borillar? Wow. All these years and I was wrong, lol.

And what about the poor Mexicans that you deem illegals? They drop like flies down there just as the poor Blacks used to.

We don't "deem" them illegals...we have laws and rules on how to become American Citizens and how to legally enter the country....just like Mexico does.....and those who broke those laws entered our country "illegally" hence the term...illegal alien.......
Can you tell they're illegals just by looking at them? I believe Az wanted them to start carrying papers and to allow Sherrif Joe to stop them. Comon, you all hate Hyspanics down there.

That's what SB1070 was all about - basically, Driving While Brown.

A national law enforcement org showed that Pima county sheriff, Clarence Dupnik was #1 in the country for actually catching and deporting illegals while Arpaio is #13. Arpaio doesn't actually do much except brag about what he'll do in the future. Just re-elect the old fart, that's all he cares about.

Not all of AZ is racist and stupid though. There are Christian groups who put out water for them and I never hesitated to help those who came to my door.

Mexicans are just like everyone else - there's good and bad and they're mostly good.

Anyone who helps illegal aliens in any way should be locked up. Putting out water for them should be a felony punished with at least 20 years at hard labor (walling off Mexico).

Isn't it ironic?

Correction, we already have the right to choice. It is you all anti choicers attempting to take it away.
You choose to kill innocent babies, I choose to kill violent criminals. AND you have the right choice? You don't see any irony there, do you?
Im not killing innocent babies, you choose to call it that. Im pro choice. If I choose to end a pregnancy, the law is on my side.

And what about the poor Mexicans that you deem illegals? They drop like flies down there just as the poor Blacks used to.

We don't "deem" them illegals...we have laws and rules on how to become American Citizens and how to legally enter the country....just like Mexico does.....and those who broke those laws entered our country "illegally" hence the term...illegal alien.......
Can you tell they're illegals just by looking at them? I believe Az wanted them to start carrying papers and to allow Sherrif Joe to stop them. Comon, you all hate Hyspanics down there.

A national law enforcement org showed that Pima county sheriff, Clarence Dupnik was #1 in the country for actually catching and deporting illegals while Arpaio is #13. Arpaio doesn't actually do much except brag about what he'll do in the future. Just re-elect the old fart, that's all he cares about.

Not all of AZ is racist and stupid though. There are Christian groups who put out water for them and I never hesitated to help those who came to my door.

Mexicans are just like everyone else - there's good and bad and they're mostly good.

Anyone who helps illegal aliens in any way should be locked up. Putting out water for them should be a felony punished with at least 20 years at hard labor (walling off Mexico).
Not the Christian approach. Don't say we are a 'Christian' nation with your crappy attitude.

The next time you see the Statue of Liberty, hang your head in shame.

It should be an option for inmates I suppose.

However, as 90% of the developed world has realized, the death penalty in itself is cruel and unusual. Not to mention irreversible if new evidence comes to light.

Isn't it ironic?

Correction, we already have the right to choice. It is you all anti choicers attempting to take it away.
You choose to kill innocent babies, I choose to kill violent criminals. AND you have the right choice? You don't see any irony there, do you?
Im not killing innocent babies, you choose to call it that. Im pro choice. If I choose to end a pregnancy, the law is on my side.
It is. The law sucks. I have no idea how many abortions you've had, or if you're having one tomorrow. I really don't much care, but if you're having abortions, you're killing innocent babies. Call a fetus a lump of cells, an inconvenience or a "pre-person" or anything else that will make you feel better about yourself.
I call a fetus a baby.

Isn't it ironic?

It is. The law sucks. I have no idea how many abortions you've had, or if you're having one tomorrow. I really don't much care, but if you're having abortions, you're killing innocent babies. Call a fetus a lump of cells, an inconvenience or a "pre-person" or anything else that will make you feel better about yourself.
I call a fetus a baby.
So at what point do we start treating it like a human being? A dependent? It is not a baby until it can breathe and live on it's own, Ernie. It's also nobody's business how many I or any woman intend to have. Especially some man who doesn't even know when life actually begins.

I'm not continuing this abortion topic anymore with you. Go talk to some other Christian righter who can agree with your mixed up emotions on this topic.

That will never happen.

All this hoopla. And I have to agree with the inmates with it being now experimental. Electrocution would suck and so would the gas chamber. Hanging can be drawn out unless done right..like someone pulling the legs to snap the neck. So that leaves firing squad. Chest and head....you is DAID. No fuss, no muss.

Or we could just stop killing people for crimes, as it is too expensive to have any certainty that you aren't killing the wrong guy.

Im [sic] not killing innocent babies, you choose to call it that. Im [sic] pro choice. If I choose to end a pregnancy, the law is on my side.

You lack the honesty and integrity to face the moral consequences of your position. It seems as if you want to play at what you think your political orientation on all things should be, but you don't have the courage or intelligence to consider or understand your supposed views.

All this hoopla. And I have to agree with the inmates with it being now experimental. Electrocution would suck and so would the gas chamber. Hanging can be drawn out unless done right..like someone pulling the legs to snap the neck. So that leaves firing squad. Chest and head....you is DAID. No fuss, no muss.

Or we could just stop killing people for crimes, as it is too expensive to have any certainty that you aren't killing the wrong guy.
We should kill for more crimes. Any crime which would earn you more than 10 years in prison and/or over $100,000 in fines/restitution/etc, should get you 1 appeal, and upon confirmation you should face a firing squad within a month.

Not the Christian approach. Don't say we are a 'Christian' nation with your crappy attitude.

The next time you see the Statue of Liberty, hang your head in shame.

I will give you one hundred billion dollars if you can point to where I said we are a "Christian nation". For that matter, I will give you one trillion dollars if you can point to where I claimed to be a Christian.

Forum List

Back