What's wrong with firing squad?

Oklahoma death row inmates appeal injection ruling - AOL.com

All this hoopla. And I have to agree with the inmates with it being now experimental. Electrocution would suck and so would the gas chamber. Hanging can be drawn out unless done right..like someone pulling the legs to snap the neck. So that leaves firing squad. Chest and head....you is DAID. No fuss, no muss.

I don't agree with the death penalty, but if it's going to be done, I don't see a problem with firing squad at all.
I think the death penalty should be expanded to include other crimes like child molestation (I know you don't agree) but also that it should be used ONLY if there is absolutely no doubt the perpetrator is guilty.
My reason for including child molesters is indeed they are "miswired" and there is no cure plus they do a lot more psychological damage to many of their victims than some are willing to admit.
As for those creatures who are serial killers it should be an automatic death sentence to be carried out immediately after sentencing, they may have human form but there is nothing human about their predatory view, treatment of others.
I'm pretty much convinced that judges in capitol cases should be issued a .357. The condemned should leave the courtroom in a bag.

Psychotic.

No, it would either convince others not to do what gets them the death penalty or for those it doesn't, we rid ourselves of scum. Either way, they're gone.

Beheading with a long sharp sword is both quick and humane.

One quick swing and the death row criminal has fulfilled his obligation to the state. ...... :cool:
Even the worst criminal deserves that his body is treated with decency and human dignity.

Severing the head is a vile practice used by regimes and religions totally devoid of decency and human dignity.

Someone that does today what it takes to get the death penalty deserves nothing of the sort. They gave up any consideration of that when they did what they did. Sad how you want to treat someone with dignity despite the undignified way they killed their innocent victim(s).

You know............there IS a painless, humane way to put people to death.

It's called helium. Helium gas is VERY dangerous, because you can suffocate if you breathe in too much of it. Best way to do the execution? Put the person under with nitrous oxide, and when they go to sleep, replace the nitrous with helium, and they'll be dead within 5 minutes.

Concentrated carbon monoxide would also work.

Civilized nations have done away with the death penalty. Just saying
Have you been to Chicago? We are not a civilized nation.
Do you mean Texas? Chicago is very civilized.
How many Liberals shot each other there so far in 2014 compared to say, Dallas?

Chicago to date 2385 shootings 380 shot and killed 445 total homicides
Dallas data similar to Chicago is harder to find, but as of 11/11, it had 101 homicides, We can extrapolate the year will end with 117 homicides and if we use the same death to shooting rates and the same gun death to total homicide rates, we can estimate
Dallas will end the year with 800 shootings, 100 shot and killed and 117 total homicides
Dallas population is 1.25 million Chicago's is 2.72 million or 2.176 times Dallas' population. Let's recap:
Chicago to date 2385 shootings 380 shot and killed 445 total homicides.
Extrapolated for the year 2764 total shootings 440 shot and killed and 516 total homicides
If we multiply Dallas' numbers by 2.176 we get
Dallas for the entire year, 1741 shootings 218 shot and killed and 255 total homicides.

Yeah Chicago is VERY civilized. Come now, Sarah.

"Liberal"s?

You equate every murder in the statistic with Liberals? Really?
The vast majority of shootings in Chicago are black on black. Damned few of the perps are Conservatives.

You don't know that for sure unless you have read every single case. Not only that, Chicago was not the only city on your "list".

All this hoopla. And I have to agree with the inmates with it being now experimental. Electrocution would suck and so would the gas chamber. Hanging can be drawn out unless done right..like someone pulling the legs to snap the neck. So that leaves firing squad. Chest and head....you is DAID. No fuss, no muss.

I don't agree with the death penalty, but if it's going to be done, I don't see a problem with firing squad at all.
I think the death penalty should be expanded to include other crimes like child molestation (I know you don't agree) but also that it should be used ONLY if there is absolutely no doubt the perpetrator is guilty.
My reason for including child molesters is indeed they are "miswired" and there is no cure plus they do a lot more psychological damage to many of their victims than some are willing to admit.
As for those creatures who are serial killers it should be an automatic death sentence to be carried out immediately after sentencing, they may have human form but there is nothing human about their predatory view, treatment of others.
I'm pretty much convinced that judges in capitol cases should be issued a .357. The condemned should leave the courtroom in a bag.

Psychotic.
No. Pragmatic. The average time an inmate spends on death row is almost 16 years. IF we're going to have a death penalty, let's get on with it.
Unfortunately, humans are fallible. There will be a very small, approaching 0% of people executed for crimes they didn't commit. So be it.
Society as a whole wants to use the ultimate punishment for its worst offenders. I would like to see that punishment meted out quickly and efficiently.

Dallas data similar to Chicago is harder to find, but as of 11/11, it had 101 homicides, We can extrapolate the year will end with 117 homicides and if we use the same death to shooting rates and the same gun death to total homicide rates, we can estimate
Dallas will end the year with 800 shootings, 100 shot and killed and 117 total homicides
Dallas population is 1.25 million Chicago's is 2.72 million or 2.176 times Dallas' population. Let's recap:
Extrapolated for the year 2764 total shootings 440 shot and killed and 516 total homicides
Dallas for the entire year, 1741 shootings 218 shot and killed and 255 total homicides.

"Liberal"s?

The vast majority of shootings in Chicago are black on black. Damned few of the perps are Conservatives.

You don't know that for sure unless you have read every single case. Not only that, Chicago was not the only city on your "list".
You too can understand statistics. They are available on line with minimal effort.

You seem to like graphs. Here's one for you.

race_2014-320x298.png

The large chart is victim by race and the smaller one is shooter by race

HeyJackass Illustrating Chicago Values

AND I was talking to Sarah who claimed Chicago is "civilized" and implied that Texas isn't.

I was not talking to you.
How can one call a city that elected Ram Emanuel for mayor and unleashed upon the world Barack Hussain Obama "civilized"?
Both Rahm and Obama are very smart and extremely civilized. I don't know about some of those people in Texas.

Psychotic.
No. Pragmatic. The average time an inmate spends on death row is almost 16 years. IF we're going to have a death penalty, let's get on with it.
Unfortunately, humans are fallible. There will be a very small, approaching 0% of people executed for crimes they didn't commit. So be it.
Society as a whole wants to use the ultimate punishment for its worst offenders. I would like to see that punishment meted out quickly and efficiently.

Sure, as long as you are the first one wrongly executed under this (borderline-psychopathic) idea.

I don't live my life in a way that will get me either rightfully or wrongfully convicted of much of anything more serious of driving 10 MPH over the limit. Assuming you live your life the same way, you have nothing to worry about.

AND I was talking to Sarah who claimed Chicago is "civilized" and implied that Texas isn't.

I was not talking to you.
How can one call a city that elected Ram Emanuel for mayor and unleashed upon the world Barack Hussain Obama "civilized"?
Both Rahm and Obama are very smart and extremely civilized. I don't know about some of those people in Texas.
Rahm is an idiot and obama is a psychopath. They both appeal to your emotions and you fall for it. that makes you at the least, like Emanuel and at most, a combination of the 2.

"Liberal"s?

Now you're just yammering. Crime doesn't discriminate like Cons do, you get who you get and it isn't only Libs doing the crime. Your side is buying up all the weapons, remember?

I am not taking your word on anything Ernie, I just haven't had the opportunity or motivation to look all that crap up.

Your side is stealing all the weapons...or selling them to drug cartels in Mexico....

And what about the poor Mexicans that you deem illegals? They drop like flies down there just as the poor Blacks used to.

We don't "deem" them illegals...we have laws and rules on how to become American Citizens and how to legally enter the country....just like Mexico does.....and those who broke those laws entered our country "illegally" hence the term...illegal alien.......

And what about the poor Mexicans that you deem illegals? They drop like flies down there just as the poor Blacks used to.

We don't "deem" them illegals...we have laws and rules on how to become American Citizens and how to legally enter the country....just like Mexico does.....and those who broke those laws entered our country "illegally" hence the term...illegal alien.......
Can you tell they're illegals just by looking at them? I believe Az wanted them to start carrying papers and to allow Sherrif Joe to stop them. Comon, you all hate Hyspanics down there.

Forum List

Back