What's wrong with this guy? Biden Officially Attempts to Remove God from Thanksgiving with 2023 Proclamation

Doing the right thing becomes a way of life, no fear, and it gets better over time. I wouldn't go back to my old life. :bowdown:

Christ's 'yoke' is easy, but may seem harsh at first, kinda like seatbelts. ;)
Your "right thing" is based on self-glossing publications that attempt to meld religion with morality. This is religion's "bulemic" mistake, much like the auto industry traying to include the kitchen sink and mother-in-law into calculations for EVs.

This is where god's calculations prove that god is not that smart. No matter what, there's always a remainder left over after god has "finished" with the calculations. This remainder will include those who always already have morals not founded on religion, such as are found in atheism. Paradoxically enough, it is christianity that secretes atheism better than any other known religion of H. sapiens.

Trans is a belief that is part of a worldview.

Every person has a worldview, and yes the lack of a belief in a creator is in fact a religion.

Whether you mention it or not, you're acting on it.
Trans is only a belief to that one person. Calling it a worldview, is jumping the shark.
Atheism has no Church.

You're last statement is correct.

Trans is only a belief to that one person. Calling it a worldview, is jumping the shark.
Atheism has no Church.

You're last statement is correct.
But the pathology is carried outside the head as soon as the trans "believer" falls prey to the scalpel, at which point the betrayal of biological fate becomes irreversible and at the same time, coerces other information-compromised individuals to compete for social recognition.

Thanksgiving was the day that Thanks was given to the Lord for the blessing of the bounty. You can certainly have a holiday in which you don't give Thanks at all, merely commemorate the day that others did. Then Thanksgiving becomes all about the food and becomes a celebration of gluttony. Ugh.

But the pathology is carried outside the head as soon as the trans "believer" falls prey to the scalpel, at which point the betrayal of biological fate becomes irreversible and at the same time, coerces other information-compromised individuals to compete for social recognition.
I seriously doubt that trans people are competing for social recognition.
That's gatewaypundit crap.

You are delusional wandering about talking to empty space. I am very much at peace with myself. I am not so alone that I must say thanks to emptiness.
Jung's passages on synchronicity are comparable, though do not include any avatars. His passage on the synchronous event on the shore of Lake Constance is an example.

Atheism has no Church.

Home - American Atheists

American Atheists has more than 230 local affiliates nationwide

What are atheist churches? | The Week

According to the Washington DC-based Pew Research Center, the religiously unaffiliated are now the second-largest religious group in North America and most of Europe.

At the same time, there has been a growth in the number of atheist churches, which aim to replicate much of the church service atmosphere but without the religion.

Your "right thing" is based on self-glossing publications that attempt to meld religion with morality. This is religion's "bulemic" mistake, much like the auto industry traying to include the kitchen sink and mother-in-law into calculations for EVs.

This is where god's calculations prove that god is not that smart. No matter what, there's always a remainder left over after god has "finished" with the calculations. This remainder will include those who always already have morals not founded on religion, such as are found in atheism. Paradoxically enough, it is christianity that secretes atheism better than any other known religion of H. sapiens.
The Christian religion is doing the right thing, traditional rituals, beliefs, and dogma notwithstanding.

Thanksgiving is not and has never been a "faith based" holiday. It is and always has been a completely secular holiday - celebrated all by all faiths, all races, and all religions. A day to give Thanks for the harvest, your family, your nation and your life. Who you thank and what you're grateful for are up to you.
lolol.i knew you'd be the 1st on here you brain frozen imbecile

you godless demon woman

Those who reject God have absolutely nothing to be thankful for, empty lives, lost souls.

Our Founding Fathers established our nation in such manner that the government was prohibited from establishing a state recognized religion. This was the result of the persecution of faiths by King George and the Church of England; and was the reason many immigrated to this country, prior to the Revolution.

Some have tried to claim that our Constitution is a "secular" document. It is not. The U.S. Constitution was written to give the American people the greatest amount of freedom to pursue and exercise their God-given rights; at the same time the American people had to choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves according to the Ten Commandments of God. The Founding Fathers cautioned that should the time come, when Americans did not choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves, according to the Ten Commandments of God, that America would no longer be a free nation. We are living the reality of the warning of our Founding Fathers.

Yep. No acknowledgment of God or any higher power in that which leaves it pretty meaningless.
Those who reject God have absolutely nothing to be thankful for, empty lives, lost souls.

Our Founding Fathers established our nation in such manner that the government was prohibited from establishing a state recognized religion. This was the result of the persecution of faiths by King George and the Church of England; and was the reason many immigrated to this country, prior to the Revolution.

Some have tried to claim that our Constitution is a "secular" document. It is not. The U.S. Constitution was written to give the American people the greatest amount of freedom to pursue and exercise their God-given rights; at the same time the American people had to choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves according to the Ten Commandments of God. The Founding Fathers cautioned that should the time come, when Americans did not choose to govern themselves, control themselves, sustain themselves, according to the Ten Commandments of God, that America would no longer be a free nation. We are living the reality of the warning of our Founding Fathers.

Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow wrote of the event now known as the first Thanksgiving:
"Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling, that so we might after a special manner rejoice together, after we had gathered the fruits of our labors; they four in one day killed as much fowl, as with a little help beside, served the Company almost a week, at which time amongst other Recreations, we exercised our Arms, many of the Indians coming amongst us, and amongst the rest their greatest king Massasoit, with some ninety men, whom for three days we entertained and feasted, and they went out and killed five Deer, which they brought to the Plantation and bestowed on our Governor, and upon the Captain and others. And although it be not always so plentiful, as it was at this time with us, yet by the goodness of God, we are so far from want, that we often wish you partakers of our plenty. "
From Abraham Lincoln's 1864 proclamation establishing Thanksgiving as a national holiday:
". . .Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may then be, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe. . ."

The text of the whole proclamation is here:

Further:

Bill Clinton: "America's oldest tradition, Thanksgiving is also a reaffirmation of our most deeply held values; a public recognition that, in the words of Thomas Jefferson, "God who gave us life gave us liberty." In gratitude for God's gift of freedom and "for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us," George Washington made Thanksgiving his first proclamation for the new Nation, and it is one we are privileged to renew each year. . .

". . .Now, Therefore, 1, William J. Clinton, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 25, 1993, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage the citizens of this great Nation to gather in their homes, places of worship, or wherever they may choose to express heartfelt thanks for the abundance bestowed on us throughout our history."

George Bush
: ". . .This Thanksgiving, we again give thanks for all of our blessings and for the freedoms we enjoy every day. Our Founders thanked the Almighty and humbly sought His wisdom and blessing. May we always live by that same trust, and may God continue to watch over and bless the United States of America.

Now, Therefore, I, George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 27, 2003, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage Americans to gather in their homes, places of worship, and community centers to share the spirit of understanding and prayer and to reinforce ties of family and community."

Barack Obama
: ". . .NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 26, 2009, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all the people of the United States to come together, whether in our homes, places of worship, community centers, or any place where family, friends and neighbors may gather, with gratitude for all we have received in the past year; to express appreciation to those whose lives enrich our own; and to share our bounty with others."

Note: No reference to God or any higher power but did suggest worship as an option to give thanks.

Donald Trump ". . .they (the Pilgrims) forged friendships with the Wampanoag Tribe, fostered a spirit of common purpose among themselves, and trusted in God to provide for them. . .

. . .NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 26, 2020, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all Americans to gather, in homes and places of worship, to offer a prayer of thanks to God for our many blessings."

Joe Biden:
". . . NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 23, 2023, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage the people of the United States of America to join together and give thanks for the friends, neighbors, family members, and strangers who have supported each other over the past year in a reflection of goodwill and unity."

No mention of God in the proclamation. No mention of worship at all.

Yep. No acknowledgment of God or any higher power in that which leaves it pretty meaningless.

Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow wrote of the event now known as the first Thanksgiving:
"Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling, that so we might after a special manner rejoice together, after we had gathered the fruits of our labors; they four in one day killed as much fowl, as with a little help beside, served the Company almost a week, at which time amongst other Recreations, we exercised our Arms, many of the Indians coming amongst us, and amongst the rest their greatest king Massasoit, with some ninety men, whom for three days we entertained and feasted, and they went out and killed five Deer, which they brought to the Plantation and bestowed on our Governor, and upon the Captain and others. And although it be not always so plentiful, as it was at this time with us, yet by the goodness of God, we are so far from want, that we often wish you partakers of our plenty. "
From Abraham Lincoln's 1864 proclamation establishing Thanksgiving as a national holiday:
". . .Now, therefore, I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart the last Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all my fellow-citizens, wherever they may then be, as a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe. . ."

The text of the whole proclamation is here:

Further:

Bill Clinton: "America's oldest tradition, Thanksgiving is also a reaffirmation of our most deeply held values; a public recognition that, in the words of Thomas Jefferson, "God who gave us life gave us liberty." In gratitude for God's gift of freedom and "for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us," George Washington made Thanksgiving his first proclamation for the new Nation, and it is one we are privileged to renew each year. . .

". . .Now, Therefore, 1, William J. Clinton, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 25, 1993, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage the citizens of this great Nation to gather in their homes, places of worship, or wherever they may choose to express heartfelt thanks for the abundance bestowed on us throughout our history."

George Bush
: ". . .This Thanksgiving, we again give thanks for all of our blessings and for the freedoms we enjoy every day. Our Founders thanked the Almighty and humbly sought His wisdom and blessing. May we always live by that same trust, and may God continue to watch over and bless the United States of America.

Now, Therefore, I, George W. Bush, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 27, 2003, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage Americans to gather in their homes, places of worship, and community centers to share the spirit of understanding and prayer and to reinforce ties of family and community."

Barack Obama
: ". . .NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 26, 2009, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all the people of the United States to come together, whether in our homes, places of worship, community centers, or any place where family, friends and neighbors may gather, with gratitude for all we have received in the past year; to express appreciation to those whose lives enrich our own; and to share our bounty with others."

Note: No reference to God or any higher power but did suggest worship as an option to give thanks.

Donald Trump ". . .they (the Pilgrims) forged friendships with the Wampanoag Tribe, fostered a spirit of common purpose among themselves, and trusted in God to provide for them. . .

. . .NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 26, 2020, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all Americans to gather, in homes and places of worship, to offer a prayer of thanks to God for our many blessings."

Joe Biden:
". . . NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 23, 2023, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage the people of the United States of America to join together and give thanks for the friends, neighbors, family members, and strangers who have supported each other over the past year in a reflection of goodwill and unity."

No mention of God in the proclamation. No mention of worship at all.
Obama and biden want us to give thanks to almighty government rather than God

Forum List

Back