WHATTTTT? Mass. Court: Subway 'Upskirt' Photos Not Illegal

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Mass. Court: Subway 'Upskirt' Photos Not Illegal

A man who took cellphone photos up the skirts of women riding the Boston subway did not violate state law because the women were not nude or partially nude, Massachusetts' highest court ruled Wednesday.

"A female passenger on a MBTA trolley who is wearing a skirt, dress, or the like covering these parts of her body is not a person who is 'partially nude,' no matter what is or is not underneath the skirt by way of underwear or other clothing," the court said in its ruling.

Mass. Court: Subway 'Upskirt' Photos Not Illegal - ABC News

WTF?

"We have fought too hard and too long for women's rights to take the step backward," Murray said in a statement. "I am in disbelief that the courts would come to this kind of decision and outraged at what it means for women's privacy and public safety."

Gina Scaramella, executive director of the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, said such photos are a serious invasion of privacy. She said the law needs to catch up to technology.

:eusa_clap:

CaféAuLait;8727800 said:
Badlands in 5..4..3..2..

Why is that? Why would an insane ruling by a court , which allows a woman to be violated be moved to "the badlands"?

What can I say, Percy likes to show his ass and pretend it's wit.

And no - I can't believe the court ruling. Hopefully it will be overruled before all manner of court cases are spun off from people Behaving Badly.

Ugh...this is what happens in a state like MA. Now laws will have to be passed where common sense (and an appropriate beating) should suffice. People are sick and the government is stupid. Same old story.

a baker that puts his goods in the window can't get mad when someone takes a pic and puts it on the web.

teach your daughters there's creeps out there and teach them to dress properly.

a baker that puts his goods in the window can't get mad when someone takes a pic and puts it on the web.

teach your daughters there's creeps out there and teach them to dress properly.

Your avatar. :D

That's just bullshit.

A fundamentally bad decision.

You have got to be kidding me, the way females dress today what's the difference. So some idiot takes pictures of underwear many women wear there underwear on the outside. And you want respect. Sorry you gals can't have it both ways.

I'll tell you why this judgment got made -- Trying to enforce this law would be worse than the crime itself.

TRY to write the law that DEFINES EXACTLY what the nature of the offence is.

Go ahead try and write that law such that it still protects one's right to take pictures in public but protects women from upskirts shots.

I think you'll find that no matter how you try to craft that law, you'll end us using WEASEL DEFINITONS to define UPSKIRTS behaviors.

Given that, decent folks will just have to beat the crap out of the pervs when they're caught.

:eusa_angel:

CaféAuLait;8727781 said:
Mass. Court: Subway 'Upskirt' Photos Not Illegal

A man who took cellphone photos up the skirts of women riding the Boston subway did not violate state law because the women were not nude or partially nude, Massachusetts' highest court ruled Wednesday.

"A female passenger on a MBTA trolley who is wearing a skirt, dress, or the like covering these parts of her body is not a person who is 'partially nude,' no matter what is or is not underneath the skirt by way of underwear or other clothing," the court said in its ruling.

Mass. Court: Subway 'Upskirt' Photos Not Illegal - ABC News

WTF?

Come up often last 20 years or so. One of the more counter-intuitive things. You'd think having to go out of your way to sneak a peak up someone's skirt, or down their blouse would be when it becomes illegal, but if you can see them without having to bend over or whatever that's ok (ala taking pics of people in bikinis at a beach.) But apparently that's not how courts consistently rule.

CaféAuLait;8727800 said:
Badlands in 5..4..3..2..

Why is that? Why would an insane ruling by a court , which allows a woman to be violated be moved to "the badlands"?

What can I say, Percy likes to show his ass and pretend it's wit.

And no - I can't believe the court ruling. Hopefully it will be overruled before all manner of court cases are spun off from people Behaving Badly.

They just have to change the law to make it not about nudity or partial nudity, rather make it illegal to attempt to photograph (or even just place your hand) inside the clothing of another person in a public place who does not condone it.

Forum List

Back