WHEN 18 million Americans are FORCED to

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
spend MORE then they are now, isn't this against our freedoms?

When Obama said: "We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
46 Million Uninsured: A Look Behind The Number : NPR

he was including:
-- 10 million that aren't citizens,
-- 14 million that WERE ALREADY ELIGIBLE for Medicaid but not enrolled and the biggest phoniest number...
-- 18 million that are under age 34. Make over $50,000 a year. Spend less then $1,000 per person a year for health services and because their employer insurance would be more then they spend they choose not to participate!

Isn't this just the biggest lie every told then when after subtracting 10 million not citizens, 14 million covered already and 18 million that don't want or need leaving just less then 5 million that truly need coverage?

So why did Obama LIE THEN? All it would have taken was a bill passed by Congress to tax lawyers 10% (JUST AS Obamacare is doing to tanning salons cause they cause cancer..) of the lawyers $200 billion. These lawyers are according to physicians the number one reason there is $850 billion a year spent strictly out of fear of lawsuits! Duplicate tests,etc. because physicians fear lawsuits!
This $20 billion a year could pay the premiums for the 5 million truly uninsured.
So when they go to the hospital, the uninsured are registered and all claims sent to the government to be paid!
At the same time then.. NO HOSPITALS would be allowed to "pad and pass" on these "unreimbursed" because they would be reimbursed!
As a result NO more billing Medicare for example for services that are marked up 6,000%!

Between the two cost reductions Health care claims could be reduced by $100 billion a year easily!

These reductions would go directly to insurance premium reductions and Medicare costs reductions.

There was absolutely NO NEED to tear our health care system apart which it is doing!
Remember Obama said:Although President Obama repeatedly claimed that health-insurance premiums for a family would be $2,500 lower by the end of his first term, they are actually about $3,000 higher—a spread of about $5,500 per family!

So folks WHY are you falling for an absolutely 100% WRONG direction that Obama has put our country on?

When the people that determine premiums i.e. ACTUARIES project premiums will increase 122% over the next 4 years primarily due to Obamacare requirements they have calculated, WHY are you people believing an uneducated person like Obama when the EXPERTS who earn a living are projecting otherwise?

Do you really believe Obama is the Messiah.. Is god?? And knows all???

By about 2-to-1 margins, Kaiser’s respondents now say that, under Obamacare, they expect the cost of American health care to rise (55 percent), rather than fall (21 percent), and the quality of American health care to fall (45 percent) rather than rise (24 percent). By more than 3-to-1 margins (57 to 16 percent on costs, 55 to 18 percent on quality), independents share these same low expectations for life under Obamacare.

Three Years Later, Obamacare Is Even Less Popular | The Weekly Standard

"""The barriers the uninsured face in getting the care that they need means they are less likely to receive preventive care, are more likely to be hospitalized for conditions that could have been prevented, and are more likely to die in the hospital than those with insurance," according to the Kaiser Family Foundation report."""

This is the bottom line, however you want to analyze the numbers.

My late H had a $30,000 problem in 2003 but did not have health insurance because he was in between jobs for almost two years after the DotCom crash. By 2005 he did get excellent health insurance through his new job (hint: the same health care insurance that Paul Krugman has) but by then his health problem had escalated into a $150,000 problem. By the time he died in 2009 the final bill was $1,300,000.

Now who do you think pays for that? The health insurance company????? As a policy holder wouldn't you MUCH rather have been hit up for a piece of that $30,000?

We need to have a universal health care and lower the costs for everybody, just as the Kaiser Foundation is suggesting.

Last edited:
"""The barriers the uninsured face in getting the care that they need means they are less likely to receive preventive care, are more likely to be hospitalized for conditions that could have been prevented, and are more likely to die in the hospital than those with insurance," according to the Kaiser Family Foundation report."""

My late H had a $30,000 problem in 2003 but did not have health insurance because he was in between jobs for almost two years after the DotCom crash. By 2005 he did get excellent health insurance through his new job (hint: the same health care insurance that Paul Krugman has) but by then his health problem had escalated into a $150,000 problem. By the time he died in 2009 the final bill was $1,300,000.

Now who do you think pays for that? The health insurance company????? As a policy holder wouldn't you MUCH rather have been hit up for a piece of that $30,000?

We need to have a universal health care and lower the costs for everybody, just as the Kaiser Foundation is suggesting.

ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED for YOU! I AM SO SORRY!!!

BUT you absolutely have no idea what you are talking about because YOU are so close to the problem.
But you also must realize while you have to take it personally,, REALIZE THIS! You and the thousands like not millions thousands ARE the exceptions and NOT the rule! If you WERE the rule there would be no insurance!
I hope this doesn't go over your head but the problem IS NOT solved by universal health care because it is proven not to work!

Do You know why your bill was $1.3 million?????

HERE is what your doctors probably say:
1,231 physicians...(90%) Ninety percent of physicians surveyed said:
"doctors overtest and overtreat to protect themselves from malpractice lawsuits."
"Defensive medicine is when doctors order multiple tests, MRIs and other procedures, not because the patient needs them, but to protect against litigation based on allegations that something should have been done but wasn’t. according to the survey published Monday in Archives of Internal Medicine.
Liability reform has been estimated to result in anywhere from a 5 percent to a 34 percent reduction in the $850 bilion medical expenditures by reducing defensive medicine practices, with estimates of savings from $54 billion to $650 billion.
The costs of defensive medicine

PLUS your bills INCLUDED MARKUPs of possibly 6,000% to Medicare/insurance companies why??
To pay for the uninsured that go into the hospitals!

If you don't mind please tell me what city you live in and I'll show you what your local hospitals OVERCHARGED Medicare..
ALL because the hospitals MUST see uninsured if they take Medicare. As a result the hospitals pad and pass this on
and that plus the $850 billion is what caused the $1.3 million bill!

Please let me help you understand what devastation Obamacare is doing in INCREASING costs while reducing services!

ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATED for YOU! I AM SO SORRY!!!

BUT you absolutely have no idea what you are talking about because YOU are so close to the problem.
But you also must realize while you have to take it personally,, REALIZE THIS! You and the thousands like not millions thousands ARE the exceptions and NOT the rule! If you WERE the rule there would be no insurance!
I hope this doesn't go over your head but the problem IS NOT solved by universal health care because it is proven not to work!

Do You know why your bill was $1.3 million?????

HERE is what your doctors probably say:
1,231 physicians...(90%) Ninety percent of physicians surveyed said:
"doctors overtest and overtreat to protect themselves from malpractice lawsuits."
"Defensive medicine is when doctors order multiple tests, MRIs and other procedures, not because the patient needs them, but to protect against litigation based on allegations that something should have been done but wasn’t. according to the survey published Monday in Archives of Internal Medicine.
Liability reform has been estimated to result in anywhere from a 5 percent to a 34 percent reduction in the $850 bilion medical expenditures by reducing defensive medicine practices, with estimates of savings from $54 billion to $650 billion.
The costs of defensive medicine

PLUS your bills INCLUDED MARKUPs of possibly 6,000% to Medicare/insurance companies why??
To pay for the uninsured that go into the hospitals!

If you don't mind please tell me what city you live in and I'll show you what your local hospitals OVERCHARGED Medicare..
ALL because the hospitals MUST see uninsured if they take Medicare. As a result the hospitals pad and pass this on
and that plus the $850 billion is what caused the $1.3 million bill!

Please let me help you understand what devastation Obamacare is doing in INCREASING costs while reducing services!

:eek:

WHEN 18 million Americans are FORCED to
spend MORE then they are now, isn't this against our freedoms?

Cry-Baby-GOP.gif

....OR, even....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvaEjYorAd8]Analysis by Wendell Potter: A single payer system for Vermont - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-ufbliqp0]Insurers Will Stop at Nothing to Prevent Vermont Single Payer - Wendell Potter Interview - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

The 10 million illegals cost as much as citizens, and your other numbers are crap.

Well, those 18 million too will stop being freeloaders and using the most expensive health style possible, ER care, bankruptcy, going on welfare to get Medicaid, and not getting preventive care- all adding to our stupid cruel health scam system that costs twice as much as anywhere else, with worse results. For the first time, many will be able to AFFORD insurance.

Sorry about your giveaway to the well off Medicare Plus and your free toothpaste- give it up. BTW, the Ryan plan also does the same thing fcs.

As long as the illegals...

I mean our undocumented friends who are just visiting and just happened to stay for 25 years while raising a family of 6.I mean as long as they are being taken care of thanks to my tax dollars then all is well.

If this country could get out from under the greed of the healthcare industry, we'd save billions.

So do you think that the $850 billion a year the physicians say are duplicate tests, etc. all done out of fear of lawsuits is therefore greed?
How about the lawyers that chase ambulances to win those $20 million lawsuits that add to the fear and a vicious cycle !

Why not simply admit:
There were NEVER 50 million that truly wanted insurance and couldn't get it!
10 million are not eligible, 14 million already covered and 18 million that would cost them more then what they were spending!
Less the 5 million and those could have been all covered by taxing lawyers as Obamacare taxes tanning salons. Again rationale was salons
caused cancer.. well physicians say FEAR of lawsuits have them ordering duplicate tests,etc. $850 billion a year's worth!

So why are you so quick to blame the exact wrong people!
The insurance companies pay the bills!
The health care providers out of fear double triple tests out of FEAR!

WhY is that so hard to understand???

Forum List

Back