When a candidate needs an "interpreter"...

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
I'm watching Chris Christie, again, on national television (This Week With George Stephanopoulos), having to act as "interpreter" for Trump's comments. "What he meant when he called HIllary a bigot, was that her policies have not helped African-Americans, blah, blah, blah..."

Except Trump didn't say Democrat policies have been ineffective in helping African-Americans; he called Hillary a bigot.

The obvious question becomes:

14051728_1721320898128387_2523006729541621152_n.jpg

Trump talks a lot like some of the posters here who come on with their new shiny meme or Issue of the Day via Breitbart, but when anyone asks what it means or how it makes sense, they can't....

I'm watching Chris Christie, again, on national television (This Week With George Stephanopoulos), having to act as "interpreter" for Trump's comments. "What he meant when he called HIllary a bigot, was that her policies have not helped African-Americans, blah, blah, blah..."

Except Trump didn't say Democrat policies have been ineffective in helping African-Americans; he called Hillary a bigot.

clinton hasnt done ANYTHING for the working class but her husband gave them a pretty good fuckin....she gonna as well.

for the last 45 years they run the same lies every election. Every single one....havent you caught on or are you too young to have a basis for comparison?

Lmao. No. He's tells you what you want to hear. You dont know that because you havent done a minutes worth of research in your life.[/QUOTE]
I think he was being sarcastic...[/QUOTE]

I wasnt.

clinton hasnt done ANYTHING for the working class but her husband gave them a pretty good fuckin....she gonna as well.
Okay. You're entitled to your opinion on that, but that isn't what this is about. Had Trump said that there might have been something to discuss. But, he didn't say that. He called her a bigot. And he didn't even have the excuse that this was one of those "unscripted" moments. He read that straight off the teleprompter. Which means he said exactly what his campaign meant for him to say.

And, once again, instead of having a policy discussion, Trump's surrogates are being forced to run to all of the news programs and "explain" what he "really" meant. Don't you think that for a man who has built his political reputation on being a man who "says what he means", that it is more than a little disconcerting to constantly require his surrogates to run around after him saying, "Well...that's not really what he meant..."?

Forum List

Back