When Did You First Get Pissed Off About Where Our Country's Leaders Were Leading Us?

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
for me, it was LBJ's shit-for-brains acceleration of the Vietnam war...

'n also his dumb-ass "War On Poverty"...

Last edited:
hope you don't mind my asking... how old are you...?

I'm all of 26 years of age.

well, in that case, given your age, I suppose you can be forgiven for not being able to recognize what a complete and utter clueless fuck-up GWB was...

Oh, I realize how badly Bush messed up. Admittedly I was in high school during most of his presidency. But given the time to evaluate him, he wasn't all he was cracked up to be.

I'm all of 26 years of age.

well, in that case, given your age, I suppose you can be forgiven for not being able to recognize what a complete and utter clueless fuck-up GWB was...

Oh, I realize how badly Bush messed up. Admittedly I was in high school during most of his presidency. But given the time to evaluate him, he wasn't all he was cracked up to be.

I'm nearly 40 years older than you...

how 'bout you call me in, say, twenty years when you truly know what you're talking about...

how 'bout you call me in, say, twenty years when you truly know what you're talking about...

How about not being a condescending asshole?

What's your excuse for not recognizing the good he did for this country?

sorry... I simply don't have time to waste on folks who're obviously simplistic politically-driven dumb bulbs...

Eat excrement and expire expeditiously, please.

You were unaware of the sorry state of affairs that existed with regard to peace, prosperity, Human Rights, the subjugation of women and LGBT's, freedom and liberty around the world.

The UN was being rocked by news of it's officials being exposed as benefiting from the oil for food program,

Saddam was threatening to make SOME kind of move, take some kind of action which would destabilize the region,

internally committing outrageous genocidal acts against the Northern Iraq Kurds.

Getting in on the terrorist 'bandwagon'

encouraging Palestinian suicide bombers with $25,000 payments to the families of the bombers.

Shooting at Coalition military planes enforcing the No-Fly Zone.

Becoming enough of a threat (think, "loose cannon") in the region that if we did nothing to assure their safety the Israeli's might have had to intervene in it's own defense by launching a pre-emptive attack on Iraq and THAT could have EASILY escalated to ignite the ENTIRE Middle East. Or more!

We were feeling the effects of an oil shortage or a slowdown in refining and both Saddam and OBL were likely to act to put an even greater squeeze on the world's oil flows. One for profit and the other for Allah.

Saddam was positioning himself to become a real problem in the area and we would probably be forced to resolve the situation AFTER it had reached cataclysmic proportions. We'd have to be reactionary when that meant giving any potential mad man with WMDs a deciding advantage.

And we had few reasons to feel optimistic about any possible significant improvements.

Things were shitty worldwide for US and all of those directly affected by the various evil doers around the world.

Things didn't look to get much better any time soon.

In fact, we would be sure to be dragged in to try to remedy any and all of the world's messes. All at great cost in lives and fortune AND loss of respect globally.

W saved your grandchildren from having to put their asses on the line (at home or abroad) in greater numbers than they might have otherwise to fix the world's messes and in acceptance of the shitty hand we were left with.

All of that was going on AND MORE!

you were busy with your thumb up your ...nose or else you just couldn't give a shit about politics then.

So, which is it?

Are you just stupid or a Johnny Come Lately political dilettante?

I'm not the one who thinks age has anything to do with intelligence. I don't care how much older than me you are.

"I'm older than you by this many!"

:eusa_whistle:

What's your excuse for not recognizing the good he did for this country?

sorry... I simply don't have time to waste on folks who're obviously simplistic politically-driven dim bulbs...

Well I guess idiots like you weren't around when these events that have NEVER occurred in any President's terms happened!
Do you remember them dumb f...K???

1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001 Contributed to businesses letting people go...i.e. contributed to UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs
3) A minor event --- 9/11! 800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
4) And of the 10 Costliest Catastrophes..
Kiplinger - Interstitial
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
3. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
GEEZ notice something similar??? All during 2001 to 2008!!! GEEZ think that had ANY affect on people losing their jobs???
400,000 jobs lost due to worst hurricane SEASONS 7 of the top 10 hurricanes occurred during 2001 to 2008!

AND YET in spite of those gigantic cataclysmic events GWB having :
400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
2,800,000 jobs in alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

So starting in 2001 132,548,000 people were working.
At the end of 2008 138,056,000 people working..
GAIN: 5,508,000 people working.... !

Largest Gross Domestic Product in history!!
When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

When Did You First Get Pissed Off About Where Our Country's Leaders Were Leading Us?

Vietnam Era

Same here, I was not that old but the evening news with Walter Cronkite was a family affair in my house and discussion was expected by all.

Forum List

Back