When does Death begin???

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
based on another thread's bantering with a right wing, anti a woman's right to choose, poster who kept on asking "when does life begin"?.......

I responded that life for an embryo officially begins when that embryo can breathe a FIRST breath on his/her own.

So, .I pose the opposite question.....

When do we declare someone DEAD ???

dce.jpg

based on another thread's bantering with a right wing, anti a woman's right to choose, poster who kept on asking "when does life begin"?.......

I responded that life for an embryo officially begins when that embryo can breathe a FIRST breath on his/her own.

new-lol-gifs.gif

As a mother who carried 2 baby's I have to disagree with your first breath comment. I actually knew both times that I was pregnant within 2 weeks...I felt Life within me from the very beginning.

In my opinion abortion should only be used for a life or death situation, otherwise so many people are looking to adopt these baby's.

In my opinion,death is when the heart stops and each organ is shut down, weird thing some people have come back to life after being declared dead...

Taking the religionist view to its logical conclusion, it must begin as soon as one of our cells dies.

Oh brother...

they once asked Bob Hope where he wanted to be buried, he said, "surprise me".

i'm glad Trump brought this subject up, and the topic of other countries sharing the burden, of providing money for their own defense of their own liberty and security.

i think it's safe to say late term abortions made into body parts for sale would happen in death, not life. but those two events are so close together in time.

Last edited:
In my opinion abortion should only be used for a life or death situation, otherwise so many people are looking to adopt these baby's.

The excerpt below is from 2014.......

Recent statistics show that approximately 14,000 newborns are adopted annually in the United States through voluntary placements, a number that has remained flat for about 20 years. Meanwhile, in 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed—the lowest number in decades.

Currently, there are close to 400,000 children in state custody; only half have permanent plans for placement [into foster care]. Meanwhile, employees in protective services are underpaid and overworked, treading water to try to ensure that all of the children in their care are happy and healthy. Anyone who believes that adoption or foster care is a natural solution to growing restrictions on reproductive rights is kidding themselves.

Adoption Is Not a Universal Alternative to Abortion, No Matter What Anti-Choicers Say - Rewire

The excerpt below is from 2014.......

Recent statistics show that approximately 14,000 newborns are adopted annually in the United States through voluntary placements, a number that has remained flat for about 20 years. Meanwhile, in 2011, 1.06 million abortions were performed—the lowest number in decades.

Currently, there are close to 400,000 children in state custody; only half have permanent plans for placement [into foster care]. Meanwhile, employees in protective services are underpaid and overworked, treading water to try to ensure that all of the children in their care are happy and healthy. Anyone who believes that adoption or foster care is a natural solution to growing restrictions on reproductive rights is kidding themselves.

Adoption Is Not a Universal Alternative to Abortion, No Matter What Anti-Choicers Say - Rewire
So you kill them..............your not a nice guy..........history has people like you.

Glad you started a new thread with this, Nat. It was a good point on that other thread, too.

So let me put my rightwing idiot hat on and give you an answer:
Death begins at the rightful time of embalmment as established by law, not by cessation of respiration.
Until then no one can be sure that the person who stopped breathing isn't still thinking and feeling.
I am a death pro-lifer who will fight for the right to have all people who are dead still have the right to own property and vote until they are embalmed or cremated legally. No exceptions. Not even in the event they die from unnatural causes such as murder or a car accident.
Funeral directors who are caught embalming before everyone else who believes as I do shall be deemed as breaking the law.

Medical death or actual death?

Glad you started a new thread with this, Nat. It was a good point on that other thread, too.

So let me put my rightwing idiot hat on and give you an answer:
Death begins at the rightful time of embalmment as established by law, not by cessation of respiration.
Until then no one can be sure that the person who stopped breathing isn't still thinking and feeling.
I am a death pro-lifer who will fight for the right to have all people who are dead still have the right to own property and vote until they are embalmed or cremated legally. No exceptions. Not even in the event they die from unnatural causes such as murder or a car accident.
Funeral directors who are caught embalming before everyone else who believes as I do shall be deemed as breaking the law.

Couldn't agree more, NTPP.....LOL.

Medical death or actual death?

I know what you're getting at and I partially agree on the difference......
But for argument sake, lets just say "dead, when the individual no longer has to pay taxes." LOL

When they no longer have vital signs.

i just read death of a salesman, it was written by a guy named cliff notes.

Death of a Salesman: Death of a Salesman Act I Scene I ...
www.cliffsnotes.com › Literature Notes › Death of a Salesman

Cliff's Notes
Death of a Salesman begins in the home of Willy Loman. ... Willy calls Biff a "lazy bum," but Linda defends Biff on the premise that he is still trying to "find himself." ... In Act I, Scene 1, Miller introduces the three major themes of Death of a Salesman: denial, contradiction, and ...

When they no longer have vital signs.
bernie doesn't have vital signs. sorry. :(

Last edited:

Forum List

Back