When Does The 2nd Amendment Right Go Too Far?

Did he have the right to shoot him underneath the second amendment?
Whether he had a right to shoot or not has nothing to do with the second amendment.

That question is actually one of whether (or not) the shooting was “justified” under the specific circumstances by the local self defense law.

The 2nd Amendment guarantees you have the right to own a gun. It doesn't specify how many people you can shoot with it or for what reason.

Well obviously it's for self-defense purposes though.

I think the dude was too quick to shoot and should have asserted himself better with the 2 goobers.

Probably pointing it at them while backing up would have been enough.

I dispersed a black cloud like that with a single-shot gun.

I've run a whole crowd away from my truck with a "Hey man, GTFO here" combined with the racking of a round.

Dudes had arms all up in my cab n shit. I was working out of a shop in a not-so-good part of town and

just went down the block to turn around in the alley and got swarmed.

I also gave 'em a "Hey, it's alright, I just don't want none of that, ok?"

Last edited:
Go too far? What does that mean? If a person is arrested for violations related to the 2nd Amendment it means the system (and the Constitution) works.

The 2nd Amendment cannot "go too far".
Of course, to understand this, you have to understand what the 2nd Amndent means and does.

Well I already know that it means the right to bear arms, but I was looking for any limitations to it.

Not seeing how this qualifies as a second amendment issue.
Did he have the right to shoot him underneath the second amendment?

It would help if you could provide a brief written summary of the video. I'm not going to watch a 4¾-minute video to get an understanding that I could get in less than a minute by reading a written article.

But if the question is about whether the Second Amendment covers a “right” to needlessly discharge a weapon in a manner that harms or endangers anyone else, in the absence of sufficiently-drastic circumstances to qualify as self-defense or comparable, then no, I do not think that anyone rationally believes that any such “right” is covered under the Second Amendment,

It would help if you could provide a brief written summary of the video. I'm not going to watch a 4¾-minute video to get an understanding that I could get in less than a minute by reading a written article.

A YouTuber got shot because he was pulling a prank that was annoying somebody else.

The 2nd Amendment guarantees you have the right to own a gun. It doesn't specify how many people you can shoot with it or for what reason.
Pushy Gets Shoved Into the Pit

The "security of a free state" requires the elimination of sociopaths who aggressively invade your privacy. The anti-social YouTuber thinks of people as objects for his private collection. With that egoistic mindset, these pests will do worse. This case is similar to the Castle Doctrine.

A YouTuber got shot because he was pulling a prank that was annoying somebody else

Did the one doing the shooting have any reason at all to believe that the one that was shot posed any credible threat to his safety, or anyone else's?

Was there any indication, here, of circumstances that would justify the use of deadly force against the one that was shot?

Forum List

Back