When humans go extinct: How life will evolve after we’re gone ?

A T.S. Elliot poem ends with,

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

It has the cadence of the children's song, "Here we go round the mulberry bush".

Giant asteroids or super volcanoes wiped out a huge percent of species over the millennia, but pre-man did survive.

We are threatened from all sides, asteroids can come crashing and we can not help it, yellowstone is a bomb that can explode at any moment, it's a bit like in disaster movies, it could become a reality and maybe some humans would survive but it is difficult to predict ?

I didn't watch your video, but one I did watch predicted giant octopuses walking on land

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.

If you think birds are great, check out this squirrel.

We are threatened from all sides, asteroids can come crashing and we can not help it, yellowstone is a bomb that can explode at any moment, it's a bit like in disaster movies, it could become a reality and maybe some humans would survive but it is difficult to predict ?

I think that even with the worst catastrophe, some will survive. Man has been able to adapt to the coldest and warmest climates. It won't be pleasant, but there is a wide diversity in our gene pool so that evolution will favor those with the most most useful genes.

I think that even with the worst catastrophe, some will survive. Man has been able to adapt to the coldest and warmest climates. It won't be pleasant, but there is a wide diversity in our gene pool so that evolution will favor those with the most most useful genes.

Humans will not be able to survive long without electricity and food that would be the return to the Middle Ages and today humans are too used to comfort, this is my opinion ;)

I didn't watch your video, but one I did watch predicted giant octopuses walking on land

Some people theorise that they came from outer space..

Some weird theory's out there
One of the cause that could be a Geomagnetic reversal last one occurred 41,000 years ago during the last galcial period That reversal lasted only about 440 years with the actual change of polarity lasting around 250 years. During this change the strength of the magnetic field weakened to 5% of its present strength

Humans will not be able to survive long without electricity and food that would be the return to the Middle Ages and today humans are too used to comfort, this is my opinion ;)
Speak for yourself. In my younger days me and a group of friends would spend a couple weeks living off the land during our summer vacation. I haven't lost those skills.

Speak for yourself. In my younger days me and a group of friends would spend a couple weeks living off the land during our summer vacation. I haven't lost those skills.
It will be more then Weeks Without electricity and food it will be for years after a catastrophe

Last edited:

It will more then Weeks Without electricity and food it will be for years after a catastrophe
God I hope so. The gene pool needs a good culling.

It will more then Weeks Without electricity and food it will be for years after a catastrophe
God I hope so. The gene pool needs a good culling.
The human race is monstrous, it behaves worse than animals but sometimes there are heroes that make humans seem more human. but another species might be better than us after we are gone

It will be more then Weeks Without electricity and food it will be for years after a catastrophe
I don't see that as a problem.

It is a problem if it go on for years without food and electricity , i could you survive ?

It is a problem if it go on for years without food and electricity , i could you survive ?
The biggest threat in such a time; would be other people...

The biggest threat in such a time; would be other people...
In the USA people who are armed will be able to defend their land but here in France we will be left to ourselves as usual, I told my entourage with all the break-ins at the moment that it is better to be armed but they do not want it's not in the culture.

I think an avian species has the best shot at taking the top spot for intelligence, should humans die out. They're highly intelligent, and incredibly mobile.
I wonder if it will be like Planet of the Apes? It almost seems the creatures that dominate will have to have hands and minds.
Birds are already bipedal, and have shown diverging methods of use for their arms.
Okay. Eagles will rule, then, and the turkey buzzards will be the sanitation engineers. Crows will be the newscasters. Some of those beautiful South American and African birds will be the pin up girls and entertainers.

I know how to hunt and fish. I live in the country 50 yards from a lake surrounded by farm land.

Forum List

Back