When is next Friday?

BobPlumb

VIP Member
Jul 16, 2013
Today is Monday, February 17th. If I have an appointment for next Friday, what is the date of that appointment?

Friday isn't Fry day any more.....

IT'S SHAKE 'N BAKE DAY, BITCHES!

shake.png

"And I helped"!

Not this Friday but the Friday after that, Feb. 28.

The word "next" is used to covey a position relative to something else. Since "this Friday" (Friday of this week) was not part of the OP, shouldn't next Friday be relative to today, Monday the 17th. The next Friday from today will be Friday February 24th!

The next time Friday falls on the 24th of the month will be in October.

I think you're going to be a little late for that appointment.

Thanks, I should have said Friday the 21st of February.

The word "next" is used to covey a position relative to something else. Since "this Friday" (Friday of this week) was not part of the OP, shouldn't next Friday be relative to today, Monday the 17th. The next Friday from today will be Friday February 24th!

You said "Today is Monday, February 17th. If I have an appointment for next Friday (meaning the Friday of the following week), what is the date of that appointment?" not "Today is Monday, February 17th. If I have an appointment for the next Friday (meaning Friday of this week, 2/21), what is the date of that appointment?"

By how you phrased your original statement It's implied that you meant the Friday of next week, 2/28.

To clarify I always give the day and date because .... confusion and idiots are abundant in this world!

You said "Today is Monday, February 17th. If I have an appointment for next Friday (meaning the Friday of the following week), what is the date of that appointment?" not "Today is Monday, February 17th. If I have an appointment for the next Friday (meaning Friday of this week, 2/21), what is the date of that appointment?"

By how you phrased your original statement It's implied that you meant the Friday of next week, 2/28.

To clarify I always give the day and date because .... confusion and idiots are abundant in this world!

Actually, if say "I have an appointment next Friday" and today is Monday I am referring to the first Friday coming after today. However, lots of people infer the same thing you do so I also give the day and the date. .... Confusion and idiots are abundant in this world!

Forum List

Back