When is rape not a crime?

Ame®icano;1580094 said:
Brewerboy,

I will pray for you at Mass. God loves you.

Go talk to your priest about your views on rape. You obviously need to.

And please, dont waste your prayers on an athiest.

His priest obviously knows what rape is and what is not.

I wonder if Yukon was altar boy...

Yukon claims to be an ex-Catholic priest. ;)

Age Of Consent​

Historically, the age of consent was the age of Mitzvah. 13 for males, Bar Mitzvah. 12 for girls, Bat Mitzvah. The Bible and Koran say nothing about age of consent. In fact, "From the age at which Hebrew maidens became marriageable, it is possible that Mary gave birth to her Son when she was about thirteen or fourteen years of age. No historical document tells us how old she actually was at the time of the Nativity."[1]

200 years ago in The United States, the age of consent was 10 years old
and it was common for girls in farming communities to mary at that age. It was only recently that it was raised to 18.

There is no age of consent in the Bible, there is a state of consent, and it is called marriage. Parents in the ancient world safeguarded their children -especially their daughters - until they were ready to marry. The Government was not involved, and set no 'age of consent'. It was up to the families at what age their children got married.

Age Of Consent​

Historically, the age of consent was the age of Mitzvah. 13 for males, Bar Mitzvah. 12 for girls, Bat Mitzvah. The Bible and Koran say nothing about age of consent. In fact, "From the age at which Hebrew maidens became marriageable, it is possible that Mary gave birth to her Son when she was about thirteen or fourteen years of age. No historical document tells us how old she actually was at the time of the Nativity."[1]

and it was common for girls in farming communities to mary at that age. It was only recently that it was raised to 18.

There is no age of consent in the Bible, there is a state of consent, and it is called marriage. Parents in the ancient world safeguarded their children -especially their daughters - until they were ready to marry. The Government was not involved, and set no 'age of consent'. It was up to the families at what age their children got married.

And? The law states 18 in most states, 16 in some.

Many members of the zombified populace maintain that the states have designated the ages between 16 and 18 as the age of consent. Here in Texas the age of consent was 14 until 2005. Then it was increased to 17 WITHOUT AN EXPLANATION. NO OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE was disclosed which identified the necessity to make the change.

While it is true that one can say that all 2009 Corvettes will perform in a certain manner it is not true that every girl born in 1996 will reach maturity at the same level.

Many members of the zombified populace maintain that the states have designated the ages between 16 and 18 as the age of consent. Here in Texas the age of consent was 14 until 2005. Then it was increased to 17 WITHOUT AN EXPLANATION. NO OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE was disclosed which identified the necessity to make the change.

While it is true that one can say that all 2009 Corvettes will perform in a certain manner it is not true that every girl born in 1996 will reach maturity at the same level.

Nobody but nobody gives a tinker's damn what YOU think is a better "age of consent" law. It is what it is. If your preferences coincide with that of some pedophile like Polanski (or like Yukon, allegedly), that's just your tough fucking luck. Wait.

They are children, not objects of your perverse desire. Wait.

Let children have a childhood free from your sexual imposition, and Polanski's and all other scumbag pedophiles.

Justice delayed is justice denied. Polanski, besides being a member of the elitist clan, can’t avoid the fact there isn’t a statute of limitations on this particular crime. Despite how well respected he is in Hollywood. Then there is another crime, when he fled to avoid sentencing . That he also was careful to avoid counties with extradition treaties with the US ( until last week). Does a innocent person go to all that trouble? It’s about time justice caught up with this guy. Well, some people are trying to re-define crime so that it isn’t a crime. I have seen this on the immigration board so many times, it’s getting old. Pathetic. Some people want to think they are above the law, or they are not accountable for their actions.

When is rape not a crime?
A. When it's in a video game
B. When the IRS does it.
C. ... I can't think of a c but there must be one.

You forgot when lawyers represent your soon to be x wife.

Yeah you're right, ok so the list so far is

A. When it's in a video game
B. When the IRS does it
C. When you're getting divorced
D. When you yell "surprise!" first
E. When it's a prostitute (in that case it's just theft).

Question: Why the sudden interest in Polanski's case?

I don't believe the fact that the crime happened decades ago should mean it should be ignored, but still.

Age Of Consent​

And just to get more specific on the age thing, in the states where 16 is age of consent, there are typically other age restrictions to the older partner- Like, a 16 year old cant be with someone who is older than 21 in my state, and in some states, a 16 year old AND a 17 year old can't be with someone who is more than 48 months older, without the older person getting charged.

LOL and in the old days, we rode horse and buggies to the market and had chicken coops in the yard.. I do not want to go back in time, for any reason, lol.. =)

Age Of Consent​

And just to get more specific on the age thing, in the states where 16 is age of consent, there are typically other age restrictions to the older partner- Like, a 16 year old cant be with someone who is older than 21 in my state, and in some states, a 16 year old AND a 17 year old can't be with someone who is more than 48 months older, without the older person getting charged.

LOL and in the old days, we rode horse and buggies to the market and had chicken coops in the yard.. I do not want to go back in time, for any reason, lol.. =)

Personally I don't think the age of consent laws are well written, they are hard lines that still create a lot of problems. An easier law would be "no one can have sexual activities with anyone more than 5 years older or younger than them until 18, after 18 it goes to 10 year difference." Solves a lot of problems.

Add: Oh, but if the law is changed it shouldn't be "announced", we can't give them an excuse to suddenly jump into things this late in the game.

Personally I don't think the age of consent laws are well written, they are hard lines that still create a lot of problems. An easier law would be "no one can have sexual activities with anyone more than 5 years older or younger than them until 18, after 18 it goes to 10 year difference." Solves a lot of problems.

Add: Oh, but if the law is changed it shouldn't be "announced", we can't give them an excuse to suddenly jump into things this late in the game.

At what age should the age difference window just not exist?

And why should there be a 10 year window for 18? We let them join the army, smoke cigarettes and vote but we shouldn't let them fuck a 29 year old?

And why should there be a 10 year window for 18? We let them join the army, smoke cigarettes and vote but we shouldn't let them fuck a 29 year old?

The window is for all ages, though anyone under 15 that's even thinking about such things should seek help. As I said, it solves a lot of problems, not just the "age of consent" fuzziness.

The window is for all ages, though anyone under 15 that's even thinking about such things should seek help. As I said, it solves a lot of problems, not just the "age of consent" fuzziness.

A 10 year window for all ages? Now that's just arbitrary and stupid.

Assuming everyone involved is mature enough to consent who cares what the age difference is between them?

Or do you really want to make Hugh Heffner a criminal?

Forum List

Back