When Newt mentioned going to the moon he was crazy, but when Obama mentioned goin to

I think to any honest observer SOME on the the left are merely following the lead of their masters.

IN 8 YEARS!?!?!?!?

images
Why not?

As Foxfyre said, Americans are the only human beings to have walked on the moon. We met that challenge in 8 years.

Do you really think Americans are incapable of doing something once we've decided to do it?

Sure...The Eifel Tower, Twin Towers, Great wall of China...Sure. People are capable of great things, but that isnt the subject. It took dam near a decade to fill the hole from the twin towers with a waterfall...

Colonizing the MOON in 8 YEARS!??!! Instead of saying why not...Why dont you tell me HOW they CAN do it in 8 YEARS. Possible? Sure ANYTHING is possible...

Probable? No

Neighbourly Relations: Exploring Mars

Damn, there someone goes again. Talking about inhabiting Mars, when JosefK says it simply isn't scientifically possible. Weren't they listening to him? ;)

Inhabiting Mars in a man-made habitat does not make Mars a habitable planet, dumbass :lol:

so, your whole argument is this... just because NASA says you can inhabit someplace, in a habitat, doesn't make the place habitable.

You sure you want to stick with that, Sparky?

You are now, officially, the dumbest poster on this board. Rdean will be pissed you took his title.

Yeah, Twit, I will go with that. A man-made habitat on an uninhabitable planet does not change the fact that that planet is uninhabitable. It's pretty simple, really. Just step outside of your Mars base without protective gear into the martian atmosphere and tell me how habitable you think it is.

Last edited:
Jesus, are you this stupid in real life, or just on the internets? Habitable in the context of planetary exploration means that the planet already has the ingredients to sustain life. Putting a man-made structure on an inhabitable planet does not make it habitable; it just means that you put a man-made habitat on an inhabitable planet.
You've been shown the moon has oxygen and water available.

Dumbass.

Which still does not make it a habitable planet. M. O. R. O. N.
Yes, because people will step out of the lunar landers in T-shirts.

Dumbass.

Antarctica isn't habitable without technology. Don't believe me? Go there in just a T-shirt.

Really? WHich kind of technology do these Antarctic wildlife use? Maybe you can go ask them. Don't forget your coat. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Antarctica is a continent of extremes. It holds the title of coldest, driest and windiest location on earth. Temperatures have been recorded as low as -129 degrees F, with winds blasting along the coastline at speeds up to 200 mph. Its average interior precipitation is less than a couple of inches per year, making Antarctica a peculiar and brilliant frozen desert of snow. But even in such harsh conditions Antarctica remains the home of a large variety of extraordinary wildlife."

681x454.jpg

Albatross_Antarctica.jpg

leopard-seal-1-lg.jpg
People, dumbass. People.

IN 8 YEARS!?!?!?!?

images
Why not?

As Foxfyre said, Americans are the only human beings to have walked on the moon. We met that challenge in 8 years.

Do you really think Americans are incapable of doing something once we've decided to do it?

Sure...The Eifel Tower, Twin Towers, Great wall of China...Sure. People are capable of great things, but that isnt the subject. It took dam near a decade to fill the hole from the twin towers with a waterfall...

Colonizing the MOON in 8 YEARS!??!! Instead of saying why not...Why dont you tell me HOW they CAN do it in 8 YEARS. Possible? Sure ANYTHING is possible...

Probable? No
And if idiots like you were in the JFK Administration, whining about how HAAAARD it would be, we'd never have set foot on the moon.

Maybe you should just get out of the way and let people with vision, drive, and imagination do what they do best: Make history.

Antarctica isn't habitable without technology. Don't believe me? Go there in just a T-shirt.

Really? WHich kind of technology do these Antarctic wildlife use? Maybe you can go ask them. Don't forget your coat. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
People, dumbass. People.

Habitable means any life can survive there. Nice try, though. I don't blame you for trying to save face on that one. It was, afterall, one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen :lol::lol::lol:

Why not?

Probable? No
And if idiots like you were in the JFK Administration, whining about how HAAAARD it would be, we'd never have set foot on the moon.

Maybe you should just get out of the way and let people with vision, drive, and imagination do what they do best: Make history.

Why do you keep bringing up JFK and putting ONE GUY on the moon?

You've done that more than once and I''ve told you that putting one guy on the moon in 8 years is not like colonization of the moon in 8 years.

and now trumpeting the imagination of Americans being strong? Seriously? Like, who's debating that?

You're just being dishonest now...and doing your crybaby thing

Probable? No

Why do you keep bringing up JFK and putting ONE GUY on the moon?

You've done that more than once and I''ve told you that putting one guy on the moon in 8 years is not like colonization of the moon in 8 years.

and now trumpeting the imagination of Americans being strong? Seriously? Like, who's debating that?

You're just being dishonest now...and doing your crybaby thing

As of 2011, the following twelve people have walked on the Moon, each on one mission only. Nobody has walked on the Moon since 1972..

Neil Armstrong - Apollo 11 - July, 1969
Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin - Apollo 11 - July, 1969
Charles "Pete" Conrad - Apollo 12 - November, 1969 (may have been scheduled to land again on Apollo 20, though unlikely as he had already walked on the Moon)
Alan Bean - Apollo 12 - November, 1969
Alan Shepard - Apollo 14 - February, 1971
Edgar Mitchell - Apollo 14 - February, 1971
David Scott - Apollo 15 - July, 1971
James Irwin - Apollo 15 - July, 1971
John Young - Apollo 16 - April, 1972 (also on Apollo 10, without landing)
Charles Duke - Apollo 16 - April, 1972
Eugene Cernan - Apollo 17 - December, 1972 (also on Apollo 10, without landing)
Harrison Schmitt - Apollo 17 - December, 1972

Joseph, you're like a child with a new toy. You just can't let go.

I can't help it. it's like watching a train wreck. It is an indisputable fact that the Moon is considered uninhabitable, yet some people keep arguing otherwise. :lol:

While bitching that we can't afford healthcare, spending hundreds of billions to colonize the moon is batshit crazy

There are a lot more issues with government's full bore entry in to healthcare besides just affording it, but that discussion is off topic and a dead horse to boot.

The Apollo mission to the moon paid for itself; so would a lunar base.
Direct Spinoffs:
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/pdf/80660main_ApolloFS.pdf
Apollo's Contributions to America
http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/pdf/Apollo_Flyer.pdf

And if direct spinoffs are not enough - then how about this. It employed 400,000 people in high-tech science and engineering jobs. It gave business to 20,000 contractors and universities. From the Wiki page on Apollo:

"The Apollo program, specifically the lunar landings, has been called the greatest technological achievement in human history. The program stimulated many areas of technology. The flight computer design used in both the lunar and command modules was, along with the Minuteman Missile System, the driving force behind early research into integrated circuits. The fuel cell developed for this program was the first practical fuel cell. Computer-controlled machining (CNC) was pioneered in fabricating Apollo structural components."

Or how about http://www.astrosociology.com/Library/PDF/Impacts_Sadeh.pdf

"Macroeconomic studies that assessed productivity impacts, which can be attributed in large part to R&D expenditures with NASA’s Apollo program, concluded that there is anywhere from 7 to 1, to a 14 to 1 cost ratio benefit.
Longer-term assessments placed the benefit at 9 to 1 over a twenty-year period (1974-1994). These studies tended to indicate significant impacts on economic productivity as a result of civil space R&D."

Joseph, you're like a child with a new toy. You just can't let go.

I can't help it. it's like watching a train wreck. It is an indisputable fact that the Moon is considered uninhabitable, yet some people keep arguing otherwise. :lol:

With you as the engineer :rofl:

If it is indisputable, then why does NASA keep talking about inhabiting it, dip-shit?

The ONLY thing indisputable here is the level of your stupidity being higher than any other poster on this board.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Everything Newt says is of the devil or the negative afterlife mythical character of your choice, if any.

Everything Obama says is good and righteous and holy, because he is the Lightworker.

Untitled-1.jpg

Right, USMB lefties?

Don't worry -- no one's going to take your double standards away from you.

Hey Caveman, great comeback and sadly true. The dynamic behind being liberal is, you can make anything and everything......................anything you want it to be!

I had always ran into trouble with anything left when trying to assess with reason, math, and deduction. In your post reply, you summed it perfectly. Hat is surely tipped, sir.

Robert

I think we've sucked all the oxygen out of this topic guys. Let's let it die... At least until crayon boy revives it.

:)

Crayon Boy?????????

God, priceless. At NASA, my director, Bob Schulman (deceased) and many of the astronauts like Resnik and Hartfield and a few others, just casually referred to me, if I was there underfoot documenting something, "Art Boy". It always sufficed. When I was "engineer boy" the professionalism was there and no problems, and no "surnames".

But "Crayon Boy"??????????

Awesome. When I came back to check here today and saw your comeback, I choked on my coffee, showed everybody and they howled. Wow, hat is surely tipped. Very funny.

Great post!

Robert

oh.....and also, when I showed 'Crayon Boy" to my main squeeze, Audrey, she howled and now has been calling me "Crayon Boy" all day and this evening instead of "Indy", her normal moniker.

I hate you now for this (not really--too damn funny!!!!!)

Robert

Everything Newt says is of the devil or the negative afterlife mythical character of your choice, if any.

Everything Obama says is good and righteous and holy, because he is the Lightworker.

Untitled-1.jpg

Right, USMB lefties?

Don't worry -- no one's going to take your double standards away from you.

You pretty much said it for me, except for the "Obama is good and righteous and holy." Your characterization of android, cookie-cutter liberals is really far-fetched, and quite annoying considering it is equally and easily as applicable to conservatives on this board.

Newt is an assclown of the highest order. I'm not sure if this technically qualifies as a negative afterlife mythical character, though perhaps something out of a Stephen King novel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back