When the Lord visits You

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
A divine visit is a joy to be treasured whenever we are favored with it. The psalmist was not content simply to mention it. Rather he wrote it down in plain terms, so that it might be known throughout all generations: "Thou has visited me in the night" ( Psalm 17:3)

Beloved, if God has ever visited you, you also will marvel at it, will carry it in your memory, will speak of it to your friends, and will record it in your diary as one of the most notable events in your life.

When the Lord first draws near to the heart, the trembling soul perceives clearly the searching character of His visit. Job answered the Lord: I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. ( Job 42: 5, 6 )

We can read of God, and hear of God and hardly be affected, but when we feel His presence, it is another matter.

When we see Jesus, we fall "at his feet as dead" ( Rev 1:17) Until then, we are full of vanity and pride. If letters of light traced by a mysterious hand upon the wall caused Belshazaar's knees to knock together and his legs to give way under him ( Daniel 5: 5,6 ) what awe overcomes our spirits when we see the Lord Himself! In the presence of so much light, our spots and wrinkles are revealed and we are utterly ashamed. It is when the Lord visits us that we see our nothingness and ask, "Lord, what is man? ( Psalm 8:4)

I remember well when God first visited me, it was a night of natural tendencies, of ignorance, of sin, His visit had the same effect on me that it had on Saul of Tarsus when the Lord spoke to him out of heaven. He brought me down off my high horse and caused me to fall to the ground. By the brightness of the light of his Spirit. He made me grope in conscious blindness and in the brokenness of my heard I cried, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? ( Acts 9:6) I felt that I had been rebelling against the Lord, and my soul was filled with anguish at the discovery of this.

The glance of the eye of Jesus, was very searching, for it revealed my sin and caused me to go out and weep bitterly. As when the Lord visited Adam and called him to stand naked before Him, so was I stripped of all my righteousness before the face of the Most High.

Yet the visit did not end there, for just as the Lord God clothed our first parents in coats of skins, He covered me with the righteousness of the Great Sacrifice and gave me songs in the night.

This is the sight that breeds repentance: When the Lord visits us, He humbles us, removes all hardness from our hearts, and leads us to the Saviors feet.

A sermon written by Charles Spurgeon. ( now living in heaven )

Oh! For Men of God such as Charles Spurgeon to speak forth the oracles of God to this present generation! These are the men of God we need in the pulpits today!

A divine visit is a joy to be treasured whenever we are favored with it. The psalmist was not content simply to mention it. Rather he wrote it down in plain terms, so that it might be known throughout all generations: "Thou has visited me in the night" ( Psalm 17:3)

Beloved, if God has ever visited you, you also will marvel at it, will carry it in your memory, will speak of it to your friends, and will record it in your diary as one of the most notable events in your life.

When the Lord first draws near to the heart, the trembling soul perceives clearly the searching character of His visit. Job answered the Lord: I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. ( Job 42: 5, 6 )

We can read of God, and hear of God and hardly be affected, but when we feel His presence, it is another matter.

When we see Jesus, we fall "at his feet as dead" ( Rev 1:17) Until then, we are full of vanity and pride. If letters of light traced by a mysterious hand upon the wall caused Belshazaar's knees to knock together and his legs to give way under him ( Daniel 5: 5,6 ) what awe overcomes our spirits when we see the Lord Himself! In the presence of so much light, our spots and wrinkles are revealed and we are utterly ashamed. It is when the Lord visits us that we see our nothingness and ask, "Lord, what is man? ( Psalm 8:4)

I remember well when God first visited me, it was a night of natural tendencies, of ignorance, of sin, His visit had the same effect on me that it had on Saul of Tarsus when the Lord spoke to him out of heaven. He brought me down off my high horse and caused me to fall to the ground. By the brightness of the light of his Spirit. He made me grope in conscious blindness and in the brokenness of my heard I cried, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? ( Acts 9:6) I felt that I had been rebelling against the Lord, and my soul was filled with anguish at the discovery of this.

The glance of the eye of Jesus, was very searching, for it revealed my sin and caused me to go out and weep bitterly. As when the Lord visited Adam and called him to stand naked before Him, so was I stripped of all my righteousness before the face of the Most High.

Yet the visit did not end there, for just as the Lord God clothed our first parents in coats of skins, He covered me with the righteousness of the Great Sacrifice and gave me songs in the night.

This is the sight that breeds repentance: When the Lord visits us, He humbles us, removes all hardness from our hearts, and leads us to the Saviors feet.

A sermon written by Charles Spurgeon. ( now living in heaven )

Oh! For Men of God such as Charles Spurgeon to speak forth the oracles of God to this present generation! These are the men of God we need in the pulpits today!

I can easily see that God hasn't visited you yet and you don't even hear Him speak to you in the testimonies I share with you.

This means God has made you an unbeliever during this age.

Forum List

Back