🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When vitriol towards a president becomes treason

Part of the problem is Trump himself has been an active (selective) leaker of information from private meetings along with other people in his Administration and the Republicans (for example - leaking selective details of the Fusion testimony but refusing to release the whole transcript). There is no respect for anyone, no respect for traditions, institutions and processes and these things are a symptom of a bigger problem that includes the Trump Administration and members of both parties trying to score points.

It should have been private...but then there is a lot that should have been but hasn't been and those who's interested are served are the least likely to object.

Maggie Haberman of the NYT has stated publicly and on the record that Trump calls her up with juicy tidbits and leads. He's the most two-faced bastard to ever walk inside the White House.
His biggest fear, what keeps him awake at night is that he won't be in the headlines when he wakes up in the morning.

Part of the problem is Trump himself has been an active (selective) leaker of information from private meetings along with other people in his Administration and the Republicans (for example

my issue here is that this leak undermines American interesys

Treason is a harsh word, but it makes my point - too many people seem comfortable with hurting our country to score a political "hit"

Part of the problem is Trump himself has been an active (selective) leaker of information from private meetings along with other people in his Administration and the Republicans (for example

Treason is a harsh word, but it makes my point - too many people seem comfortable with hurting our country to score a political "hit"

I do agree with that, but it started before Trump. The problem is it is an impossible problem to fix when the man at the top is also doing it. It shows a deep disrespect for our institutions and offices that I have not seen before.

Treason is an incorrectly used word, too.
Trump is undermining American interests with his own leaks and a White House staff that HE SELECTED who are paranoid and disgusted with him, not to mention paying mounting legal bills in light of the special investigation.
And he does this with an aim to stay in the headlines and always ready for his close up, Mr. DeMille.

"Why bother confronting Trump's irresponsible and reckless comments? That's just who he is, people say. Yes, it is who he is. But we ought not accept such demagoguery from our president as the new normal. We can do our best to make Trump an exception not the rule." - Sneaky Bill Kristol

treason

that is what we are seeing from leftists

we say they hate America, and mostly that comment is mostly a jab in the back and forth of the "gotcha" game of politics and message board banter

but when a democrat senator breaks confidence by revealing comments from a private meeting; my position is that the action is nothing less than treason

Senator Durbin is a traitor to the United States; and those that are rallying behind him are no better

they care more about undermining Trump than they do about what is best for America

the debate over immigration COULD be made on principled grounds and settled at the ballot box

but that is not how the left operates

Trump says he never referred to any country as a "shithole"

but it really does not matter

the reaction from the left and our media is unpatriotic and damaging to our national interests; it really could not be more clear cut

bonus - can someone, anyone, explain to me why I should care if POTUS called some shithole a shithole?

it must be exhausting to live in a perpetual state of outrage over trivial things...

bonus part duex - having top leaders on the left scream at the sky in outrage over this will help Trump and republicans at the ballot box

:popcorn:
Awwwwww. You poor baby!

I see you have been a member of this forum since 2011.

So you know what kind of vitriol was poured out about Obama during his eight years.

Including vitriol from Trump toward Obama.

So enjoy the fucking karma, you big pussy.

treason

we say they hate America, and mostly that comment is mostly a jab in the back and forth of the "gotcha" game of politics and message board banter

but when a democrat senator breaks confidence by revealing comments from a private meeting; my position is that the action is nothing less than treason

Senator Durbin is a traitor to the United States; and those that are rallying behind him are no better

they care more about undermining Trump than they do about what is best for America

the debate over immigration COULD be made on principled grounds and settled at the ballot box

the reaction from the left and our media is unpatriotic and damaging to our national interests; it really could not be more clear cut

bonus - can someone, anyone, explain to me why I should care if POTUS called some shithole a shithole?

it must be exhausting to live in a perpetual state of outrage over trivial things...

bonus part duex - having top leaders on the left scream at the sky in outrage over this will help Trump and republicans at the ballot box

Gee, I seem to remember when Obama was in office conservatives called this "patriotism". Now it's treason? I wonder what could have happened?

Oh yeah! The letter next to the president's name changed from a D to a R.

treason

Trump is a proven liar. Who are we going to believe?

treason

You may kiss ass but I don't....:up_yours:

treason

Gee, I seem to remember when Obama was in office conservatives called this "patriotism". Now it's treason? I wonder what could have happened?

Oh yeah! The letter next to the president's name changed from a D to a R.
They also used to claim to be the party of God...The Moral Majority....

Why yes, treason is a harsh word. And exactly why Trump should be removed from office and charged.

Trump is a proven liar. Who are we going to believe?

I never question that he made a disparaging remark towards Haiti or the shithole African countries

my point is entirely that revealing such remarks was a poorly thought out act made for political gain in spite of any damage potentially done to American interests

and talking about liars - next to the Clinton's; especially Hillary, Trump looks like a choir boy full of innocence...

eta - this whole situation also reinforces the fact that we d not have a free, fair nor impartial media

WAPO ran with a story based on hearsay; which would have been considered an unforgivable offense 20 or 30 years ago

today? it is SOP; especially when points can be made to further the leftist agenda

sad

Forum List

Back