When we see USA flags

When we see people taking down the American flag and replacing it with a Trump flag are we seeing display of patriotism, or people that feel resentment toward the American flag?

What passes for Patriotism in Conservatives

1641231901628.jpeg

What sort of flags are flying next to it will tell you more. Gadsden Flag? Confederate Flag? Gay Rainbow flag?

In my AO it would be mostly the right-leaning, then again 75% of the voters here are right-leaning.

That said I know a black guy (a vet) that has a flag pole in his yard along with a sign for whatever dem is running at the time in a election season.

He observes proper flag etiquette too, it's never frayed or faded and it's properly lit at night.....Much respect in that regard.....I always smile when I pass his place. :)

What torques me no end is the never ending half-staff BS. Half the time you never know what it's for. I believe the dems declare it so the flag is never at full staff because they hate it so much.

My county said piss on all that and flies it at full staff all the time now.

the right-wingers treat the flag and the vets like their own, never mind that the US flag and vets fight for all of us.
You're brave to express an opinion when the odds are stacked against doing so. Don't be intimidated!

What sort of flags are flying next to it will tell you more. Gadsden Flag? Confederate Flag? Gay Rainbow flag?
You're exactly right but that idea has been deemed not appropriate to this discussion. I won't go there but I will commend you on making the point.

When we see a gathering of people and a bunch of USA flags, are we seeing lefty gathering, or are we seeing a gathering of righties? What about when we see a car or pickup proudly pulling our flag, is the driver most likely a lefty? When you see a bunch of USA flags at a gathering, do you get excited seeing such a beautiful display of patriotism, or do you feel resentment toward the people displaying the flags?
MY significant other is a leftie-liberal and I am more right-of-center (not far-right). We both respect the flag (she objects to the flag depiction being on clothing and other what she calls inappropriate ways. Both of us believe in the Constitution and the freedoms afforded the people.

Trap question, the left loves America, they're just not proud of the flag and the Constitution only applies when it's convenient.

MY significant other is a leftie-liberal and I am more right-of-center (not far-right). We both respect the flag (she objects to the flag depiction being on clothing and other what she calls inappropriate ways. Both of us believe in the Constitution and the freedoms afforded the people.
Do you wear a seatbelt, or do you enter a store without shoes and in your underwear??

Forum List

Back