• June 2021

• September 2021

• December 2021

• July 2022

• December 2022

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
When will the covid-19 pandemic end?

I say, and HOPE, that it ends in September 2021 thanks to the introduction of a vaccine. Its sad that the United States is going to have to wait for a vaccine when countries like TAIWAN and New Zealand have largely contained the outbreak among their populations. Taiwan is a country of 25 million people, and only 7 people have died from covid-19 and only 451 have been infected. Right now they only have 7 active cases compared to nearly 2 million active cases in the United States.

You're comparing cases and deaths between countries that have entirely different standards for counting cases and deaths, which of course absurd

TAIWAN only has 451 infections from covid-19 out their 25 million population. I don't know of ANY different standard for counting infections. You either have a positive result or you don't. Even if all 451 infected individuals died in Taiwan, that would still be FAR better than the deaths seen in the United States even after adjusting for the different sizes of the population.

Likely this is endemic at this point, so I went with never. Maybe we'll develop a treatment. Maybe we'll develop a vaccine.

And maybe not. Going to have to learn to live with it one way or the other.....

I say, and HOPE, that it ends in September 2021 thanks to the introduction of a vaccine. Its sad that the United States is going to have to wait for a vaccine when countries like TAIWAN and New Zealand have largely contained the outbreak among their populations. Taiwan is a country of 25 million people, and only 7 people have died from covid-19 and only 451 have been infected. Right now they only have 7 active cases compared to nearly 2 million active cases in the United States.

This is a disease of the very old or the very sick. The rest of us are overwhelmingly okay based on the science. But to answer your question: As soon as the election is over the problem goes away, unless Trump wins. :thup:

Actually, the median age for getting the infection is 40. Even if you don't die from the disease, you can sustain heart and lung damage as well as damage to other parts of your body that could later lead to premature death. The virus can make a non-smoker look like a person who had smoked two packs a day for decades, after just a few weeks of being sick with it.

Don't fool yourself. Everyone is at risk. This is the worst global pandemic in 100 years.

China Virus is a variation of the long existing Corina Virus family.

Many people already have some built in resistance to it because of other Corona Virus infections they had in the past. This is why many who gets China Virus don't get sick or only mildly sick because of limited built in resistance already in place.

Not sure but they turned up the temperature in wal mart. Now it's about 90 degrees in there and the associate said raising the temp will help slow the spread. Lol. Well....ok....here's your sign, enjoy your mask and steam bath, I won't be back. It'll start stinking in there pretty soon.

This is a disease of the very old or the very sick. The rest of us are overwhelmingly okay based on the science. But to answer your question: As soon as the election is over the problem goes away, unless Trump wins. :thup:

Yeah, and then the media will invent new ways to torment and shame people. Lol.

Not sure but they turned up the temperature in wal mart. Now it's about 90 degrees in there and the associate said raising the temp will help slow the spread. Lol. Well....ok....here's your sign, enjoy your mask and steam bath, I won't be back. It'll start stinking in there pretty soon.

That's the theory as it is comprised of lipids which should break down faster in relatively warmer conditions.

Doesn't seem to give a shit about the heat in AZ or Mexico, or Brazil etc., though.

Well, at least Wal-Mart can save some moniez on the electricity bill.....

Likely this is endemic at this point, so I went with never. Maybe we'll develop a treatment. Maybe we'll develop a vaccine.

N-95 Mask, ear and eye protection would become a must then. The sports, music concerts, entertainment, and world of night life would never come back. Living life largely isolated compared to before the pandemic would become the norm.

Do you think that instead of slow rolling the pandemic over the months, if all the healthy people got it then 2 weeks later all those would be over it, while all those with pre existing conditions could be kept away? But that would keep the Presidents rolling economy going gang busters, but the progs couldnt have that, not this year...
The problem with that theory is that except for the totally asymptomatic, they would require some degree of hospitalization or treatment. So those people would draw the "death card" turned away because hospitals, like the biblical inn would have no room.

N-95 Mask, ear and eye protection would become a must then. The sports, music concerts, entertainment, and world of night life would never come back. Living life largely isolated compared to before the pandemic would become the norm.

For some people maybe. Some will get it and get over it and, over the course of time it breeds people out through natural selection as well, so 'never' is a long time.

Lots of diseases throughout the history of mankind. This one will be no different in a lot of ways. As much as we'd like to turn the world into a clean room and have everyone running around in postive pressure suits until we adapt as a species it's not realistic.

I also went with never for the same reasons. Much like we learned to live with Heart disease, Lung Cancer, Diabetes, Cirrhosis which will still kill far more each year than Covid, with a large percentage of the population dying from those diseases by there very own poor habits.
Covid is still very low on my list of things to worry about. My life is more at risk during rush hour daily as inattentive idiots treat the roads like NASCAR.

Actually, the median age for getting the infection is 40. Even if you don't die from the disease, you can sustain heart and lung damage as well as damage to other parts of your body that could later lead to premature death. The virus can make a non-smoker look like a person who had smoked two packs a day for decades, after just a few weeks of being sick with it.

Don't fool yourself. Everyone is at risk. This is the worst global pandemic in 100 years.

I politely say bullshit. Over half of the new cases here in in Florida are people under 40. Most do not even know they have Covid. The hype is mostly just that, hype. Flu kills the very old and the very sick. Unsurprisingly, Covid kills the very old and the very sick.

Go figure, right?

Like the Iraq war daily mainstream media body count when Bush was president stopped happening when obama was president COVID 19 body count will silently slip away when it can no longer be used for political purposes
It'll be with us forever, like flesh eating disease, or the Trump family. :biggrin:
Man, you guys are paranoid and delusional. :lol:
is that anything like the Steele dossier delusion the Schiff Sham delusion?
The Mueller report delusion? All things RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA?
Trump is Putin's Bitch delusion?
3 years of TDS Conspiracy theories? You leftists have the delusion base
So you're going to say that you're not smart enough to have figured out what Trump was trying to do with the Ukrainians?

I also went with never for the same reasons. Much like we learned to live with Heart disease, Lung Cancer, Diabetes, Cirrhosis which will still kill far more each year than Covid, with a large percentage of the population dying from those diseases by there very own poor habits.
Covid is still very low on my list of things to worry about. My life is more at risk during rush hour daily as inattentive idiots treat the roads like NASCAR.

Fact: 90% of people who have a heart attack survive.

I politely say bullshit. Over half of the new cases here in in Florida are people under 40. Most do not even know they have Covid. The hype is mostly just that, hype. Flu kills the very old and the very sick. Unsurprisingly, Covid kills the very old and the very sick.

Go figure, right?
Even the young and healthy can suffer medical complications from the virus.

Go figure, right?

And you can be struck by lightening or drown in your bathtub. So what? Both are exceeding remote.

And you can be struck by lightening or drown in your bathtub. So what? Both are exceeding remote.

If you truly think the young and healthy have nothing to fear from the virus, and if infected, they would emerge 14 days unaffected, and immune to it. There's a simple experiment. Take the youngest healthiest people we have, which would be the young men and women serving in our military, and intentionally infect everybody on an aircraft carrier with it. And see the result two weeks later.

Forum List

Back