Where does Bill Belichick coach next season?

I think he is done, finished... unless he goes to a last place, rarely-successful organization.

I think at this point, the attitude that Bill leads with and navigates with, will cause a team owner to lose the rest of his front office personnel who will become 'spooked' once Bill gets put in charge of them. Successful organizations have team owners who likely will not want to risk that happening, in this current day and age.

For as great as Bill is, there is likely no 'successful' team owner who wants to bring him in knowing that most of the front office personnel in place, may want to immediately resign. I would not be surprised if that was the climate in the room facing Arthur Blank, after he brought Bill in last week.

If you really look at the available jobs this year how many of them were actually good situations?

Pats
Raiders
Chargers
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina
Tenn
Seattle

Chargers and Seattle are the only teams that aren’t a disaster.

Phactotum how is he great when he was a failure before brady having four of five losing seasons with cleveland and 3 of 4 with NE without Brady and can’t win without Brady,great coach’s can win with OTHER quarterbacks like joe Gibbs did winning three superbowls with differerent quarterbacks all that were mediocre,he road Brady’s coattails to the Super Bowl look8ng great from Tom. :cuckoo:

No matter how great a coach is, he cannot force mediocre players to be iconic.

I also won't be closed-minded here, to pretend that a qb is the sole lone piece you need to win Super Bowls. Football is the one single sole sport, where you can have the GOAT qb but you will NEVER even make it to a Super Bowl if the defense is 👎and the skilled-position offensive players underachieve for your GOAT qb. And since most of the Pats players have been subpar-to-mediocre since Brady left, then your stance could be illogical by discounting that reality.

Look at how the great Pat Mahomes has been frustrated this year because the WRs are subpar to mediocre ---to whereas, if not mainly for KC's 2nd ranked DEFENSE this yr, then they would not be playing a game tomorrow.

Bill was the linebacker coach for a team that won a Super Bowl while having 3-4 HOF linebackers --I won't dare be foolish enough to say that that is NOT a great coach. For you to make any type of good sense here, you could show that all coaches who you view as great did accomplish the feat of making mediocre qbs/mediocre skilled position players, perform elite ALL SEASON long.

You're making the mistake of giving Brady too much credit, as if... we did not see elite defenses out there for the Pats during those dynasty years. Bill coached them too.

No matter how great a coach is, he cannot force mediocre players to be iconic.

I also won't be closed-minded here, to pretend that a qb is the sole lone piece you need to win Super Bowls. Football is the one single sole sport, where you can have the GOAT qb but you will NEVER even make it to a Super Bowl if the defense is 👎and the skilled-position offensive players underachieve for your GOAT qb. And since most of the Pats players have been subpar-to-mediocre since Brady left, then your stance could be illogical by discounting that reality.

Look at how the great Pat Mahomes has been frustrated this year because the WRs are subpar to mediocre ---to whereas, if not mainly for KC's 2nd ranked DEFENSE this yr, then they would not be playing a game tomorrow.

Bill was the linebacker coach for a team that won a Super Bowl while having 3-4 HOF linebackers --I won't dare be foolish enough to say that that is NOT a great coach. For you to make any type of good sense here, you could show that all coaches who you view as great did accomplish the feat of making mediocre qbs/mediocre skilled position players, perform elite ALL SEASON long.

You're making the mistake of giving Brady too much credit, as if... we did not see elite defenses out there for the Pats during those dynasty years. Bill coached them too.
Again you keep ignoring thst he was a failure at cleveland with four losing seasons in five years there and has been a failure sense brady left and that joe Gibbs won three superbowls with mediocre quarterbacks.holmgren,shula,bill cowher,Gibbs,those guys got to superbowls with differerent quarterbacks that were mediocre except shula,a fact you choose to ignore.

Belicheat has been exposed as the overrated hack cosch sense brady left just as shannahan was thst he was a great coach once elway retired,the owners all see this and realise it,don’t know who’s you can’t accept it he is the most overrated hack coach in nfl history and is nothing without bradyunlike other coach’s who could get to superbowls with other quarterbacks. :cuckoo:

Brady leaves and wins another Super Bowl with another team meanwhile beliCHEAT can’t win without brady same as he could not win in Cleveland without brady,he road Brady’s coattails to the Super Bowl,most overrated hack coach in nfl history.he has been exposed it was all brady. :abgg2q.jpg: Even a former patriots player said it was all brady who got them to the superbowls and belicheat benefitted from having brady.

I think I will take the word over a credible former nfl player fir the pats over internet posters. :laughing0301:

Last edited:
If you really look at the available jobs this year how many of them were actually good situations?

Pats
Raiders
Chargers
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina
Tenn
Seattle

Chargers and Seattle are the only teams that aren’t a disaster.

The Raiders werent hopeless. They smashed the Chiefs on TDAY weekend. O’Donnell is not that bad IMO.

Again you keep ignoring thst he was a failure at cleveland with four losing seasons in five years there and has been a failure sense brady left and that joe Gibbs won three superbowls with mediocre quarterbacks.holmgren,shula,bill cowher,Gibbs,those guys got to superbowls with differerent quarterbacks that were mediocre except shula,a fact you choose to ignore.

Belicheat has been exposed as the overrated hack cosch sense brady left just as shannahan was thst he was a great coach once elway retired,the owners all see this and realise it,don’t know who’s you can’t accept it he is the most overrated hack coach in nfl history and is nothing without bradyunlike other coach’s who could get to superbowls with other quarterbacks. :cuckoo:

Brady leaves and wins another Super Bowl with another team meanwhile beliCHEAT can’t win without brady same as he could not win in Cleveland without brady,he road Brady’s coattails to the Super Bowl,most overrated hack coach in nfl history.he has been exposed it was all brady. :abgg2q.jpg: Even a former patriots player said it was all brady who got them to the superbowls and belicheat benefitted from having brady.

I think I will take the word over a credible former nfl player fir the pats over internet posters. :laughing0301:

OK, he’s under 0.500 w/o Brady. 5 Super bowls were last drives with brilliant clock MGT and referee-league help. Understood. But his defenses were top tier. No one else could get other good teams in a position to win that often. ATL had one locked up and threw it away. Bill never did.

OK, he’s under 0.500 w/o Brady. 5 Super bowls were last drives with brilliant clock MGT and referee-league help. Understood. But his defenses were top tier. No one else could get other good teams in a position to win that often. ATL had one locked up and threw it away. Bill never did.
That was an obvious fixed Super Bowl by the nfl so brady could have the greatest comeback in nfl history in Super Bowl.the coach of the falcons stopped attacking in the second half as he did in the first half and got super conservative ,any high school coach knows you don’t stop doing in the second half was worked so well in the first half,no high school coach would do something asinine like that.

The Raiders werent hopeless. They smashed the Chiefs on TDAY weekend. O’Donnell is not that bad IMO.
8-9. Bottom half of the league. O'Donnell is not the guy.

The only team with a winning record was Seatle at 9-8. Outside of SD none of them have the QB in place for sure. Maybe you assume Carolina does but Young hasn't proved that yet that's for sure.

8-9. Bottom half of the league. O'Donnell is not the guy.

The only team with a winning record was Seatle at 9-8. Outside of SD none of them have the QB in place for sure. Maybe you assume Carolina does but Young hasn't proved that yet that's for sure.

not really sold on Hebert? He’s never done anything but lose. He’s another pocket type statue as far as I can tell. The MSM keeps pushing him.

Maybe he’s another pocket Brady. But I am not sure that style can work anymore w/o a Bellechick O-line and NE defense every game.

of course I thought that all the way back to Montana. A few QB that could not run held on and won deep playoff games, so maybe I’m wrong?

Again you keep ignoring thst
No. You mean, you keep ignoring reality. lol ... but hey, you are having fun doing it --so I envy you.

And sure you can keep bringing up Bill in CLE, that's fine. But your argument gets toasted when its time for you to invalidate what it means that Bill was the linebacker coach on a SB winning team --where he coached 3 or 4 HOF linebackers [LT, Pep, Banks, Carson?]. Great coaches do not accomplish that. Face this.
Great coaches also don't accomplish what Bill pulled off with the legendary Pat's DEFENSES during those Tom Brady years. Face it pal, those defenses won a few of those SB's for Tom Brady.

Bill in CLE = Bill now, in post-Brady years: he cannot make subpar and mediocre players be ELITE every week from Sept - Feb.
Also please stop embarrassing your stance here, by bringing up Joe Gibbs --since those QBs are not the biggest reason why the Redskins won SB's. For example... Gibbs first SB? Redskins defense set NFL-record that season for turnover differential (+43) no doubt indeed. And, in the SB game itself?? They held Dolphins to 46 plays/280yds. Nothing to do with Redskins' QB! lol
Football is not like basketball and Golf.
It requires too, too many NON-QB moving parts, in order for a team to get to a Super Bowl.

I cannot force you to embrace logic. In other words, according to your line of thinking then :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: Tampa Bay should have won the Super Bowl every year Brady was their quarterback.
Cool.

You should see if that former player can also help you learn how football works, with respect to the NON-QB positions and how important they are to win a SB no matter if your qb is the GOAT or Mr. Irrelevant.

Last edited:
not really sold on Hebert? He’s never done anything but lose. He’s another pocket type statue as far as I can tell. The MSM keeps pushing him.

Maybe he’s another pocket Brady. But I am not sure that style can work anymore w/o a Bellechick O-line and NE defense every game.

of course I thought that all the way back to Montana. A few QB that could not run held on and won deep playoff games, so maybe I’m wrong?
Of the QB's on teams that had coaching openings he's by far the best.

Forum List

Back