Where FDR Went Wrong

Conservative propagandists, when attacking liberals, love to frame arguments in a manner that sets the minimum standard as 'perfect'

Keeping innocent people - AMERICAN CITIZENS in concentration camps with barbed wire and armed guard towers, violating their persons and property, is a hell of a lot more than just "not perfect," you dissembler.

Well you can't just blame FDR, all US citizens of European decent did not like the Asians, in fact republicans blocked their ability to immigrate to the US at all in the 1880's.

Of course there was racism from all corners - always has been - but ONE asshole's name is signed on Executive Order 9066. No escaping responsibility, especially when one likes the job of president so much he almost turns it into a dictatorship and we have to pass a Constitutional Amendment to make sure no one else can try to usurp power at the expense of our democratic processes again.

Keeping innocent people - AMERICAN CITIZENS in concentration camps with barbed wire and armed guard towers, violating their persons and property, is a hell of a lot more than just "not perfect," you dissembler.

Well you can't just blame FDR, all US citizens of European decent did not like the Asians, in fact republicans blocked their ability to immigrate to the US at all in the 1880's.

Of course there was racism from all corners - always has been - but ONE asshole's name is signed on Executive Order 9066. No escaping responsibility, especially when one likes the job of president so much he almost turns it into a dictatorship and we have to pass a Constitutional Amendment to make sure no one else can try to usurp power at the expense of our democratic processes again.

It was not a dictatorship then as it is not now, sorry to burst anybodies bubble, but the other branches of the govt. do not and would not allow such a thing to happen, now, during the Civil War and during reconstruction the republicans did run to as close as a dictatorship as you could get in US history.

Where FDR Went Wrong

Where FDR's parents went wrong was not strangling him in his crib. He and Woodrow Wilson were the worst Presidents in American history in terms of their lasting legacy of destruction to the liberty of future generations.

They came from rich families, what do you expect, end just think, when Wilson allowed women to vote was the decline of the USA

It was not a dictatorship then as it is not now, sorry to burst anybodies bubble, but the other branches of the govt. do not and would not allow such a thing to happen, now, during the Civil War and during reconstruction the republicans did run to as close as a dictatorship as you could get in US history.

FDR cowed the Supreme Court, and the Congress was essentially his rubber stamp. A lot like dictators today who go through the motions of a process but actually draw all power to themselves. We had to amend the Constitution to prevent those with similar ambitions from assuming the White House belongs to them ever again.

Ok.

Time to break up a few stereotypes, destroy some preconceived notions, and fry every ones frontal lobes a bit. A classic, unimpeachably conservative, columnists opinion of FDR;

Defaming FDR | National Review Online

Great find. Maybe PC is secretly Diana West? McCarthy On Steroids | FrontPage Magazine

"Conspiratorial theories of history are easy to create once you are prepared to ignore the realities on the ground, or regard those who do take them into account as part of the conspiracy too. This is the path that Diana West has taken in her misconceived and misleading book. Why did the U.S. and Britain not prevent the totalitarian USSR from taking over Eastern Europe after it had defeated the totalitarian Nazis? It had nothing to do with the Rubik’s Cube of diplomatic and military considerations, a calculus that had to take into account the willingness of the American and British publics to continue to sacrifice and their soldiers to die. No, it was a conspiracy so immense, as West’s hero Joe McCarthy might have said, that it allowed Western policy to be dictated by a shadow army of Soviet agents. It is unfortunate that a number of conservatives who should know better have fallen for West’s fictions. It is even more depressing that her book perpetuates the dangerous one dimensional thinking of the Wisconsin Senator and his allies in the John Birch Society which have allowed anti anti-communism to have a field day in our intellectual culture."

It is probably best to distinguish between FDRs foreign and domestic policies before attempting a characterization.

Where FDR's parents went wrong was not strangling him in his crib. He and Woodrow Wilson were the worst Presidents in American history in terms of their lasting legacy of destruction to the liberty of future generations.

They came from rich families, what do you expect, end just think, when Wilson allowed women to vote was the decline of the USA

:confused:

Liberals can work in hatred of blacks, women, gays, ... into any conversation. Unfortunately it's not because they're smart...

So your answer is you can't. Of course you can't because your position is indefensible.

I wiped the floor with you.

You couldn't find any error in the link that I provided....

...a brilliant thesis if I say so myself!

....the best you can do is shut your eyes real tight, and cover your ears.

I love it when I make you do that.

lol, you sound more like teapartysamurai every day.

This is the thread we are posting in. If you can't make your argument here, I'm assuming you have no argument.

What a vapid excuse.

As I said....I wiped the floor with you.

Here:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/308252-i-ve-been-challenged-by-fdr-groupies.html

Don't look....it'll give you nightmares.

Last edited:
Where FDR Went Wrong

Sad to think that you probably believe that you have been educated.

You haven't been, you've been indoctrinated.

Proof?

It was Republicans who are responsible for women getting the right to vote.

Democrat Wilson was opposed,...and had to be dragged to it by Republicans.

Interestingly, the same is true for Clinton and welfare reform.

I'd be happy to let you do your own research, and find that what I've said is true....or, say the word and I'll explain the facts to you.

Last edited:
Then you're not getting it at all, but of course you don't want to because you are both mindlessly partisan and - it seems - inherently dishonest.

What in this current century is the situation most comparable to the treatment of Japanese-Americans/immigrants in 1942?

Think for a minute before you answer.

Inner city housing projects.

Are you trolling now?

The most comparable situation we have of late has been the anti-Muslim/Muslim-American sentiment since 9/11,

that has manifested itself in such things as the desire for discriminatory profiling and the desire to ban mosques...

...now think again. Who has been most zealous in the anti-Muslim-ism?

Conservatives, of course.

Ok.

Time to break up a few stereotypes, destroy some preconceived notions, and fry every ones frontal lobes a bit. A classic, unimpeachably conservative, columnists opinion of FDR;

Defaming FDR | National Review Online

I like Conrad Black a great deal.

That being said, and from Black's piece, "Rather than dwelling on the falsehoods of the West or Stone accounts,..."

...how about you find the errors in the OP.

And, if you can't find any, what do you think that will mean?

Beckbots! lol

The only one I've seen discussing Beck is you.

This thread cracks me up though. Liberals really are sad and pathetic. Moonglow tries to turn it into a "Republicans hate women" discussion, you try to turn it into a Beck/Rush/Hannity talking points discussion.

You really just use every opportunity to show how devoid of reason and results your party is. You got nothing. What I don't get is why you're so proud of demonstrating that.

Beckbots! lol

The only one I've seen discussing Beck is you.

This thread cracks me up though. Liberals really are sad and pathetic. Moonglow tries to turn it into a "Republicans hate women" discussion, you try to turn it into a Beck/Rush/Hannity talking points discussion.

You really just use every opportunity to show how devoid of reason and results your party is. You got nothing. What I don't get is why you're so proud of demonstrating that.
Statists and their drones have problems with focus.

What in this current century is the situation most comparable to the treatment of Japanese-Americans/immigrants in 1942?

Think for a minute before you answer.

Are you trolling now?

The most comparable situation we have of late has been the anti-Muslim/Muslim-American sentiment since 9/11.

You mean the worst terrorist attack ever on US soil? After which the REPUBLICAN President did NOT respond by seizing the property of Muslim-Americans, abrogating their rights, and throwing them into concentration camps? Instead, he addressed the nation and reminded everyone that Muslim Americans are AMERICANS and that we are all - Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc. both fellow citizens in regards to Muslim and non-Muslim Americans, and all brothers and sisters in the larger sense. The REPUBLICAN President urged Americans to restrain their understandable anger and not lash out against Muslims generally in our great grief, and in a nation of some 300 million with burning anger and sadness, virtually everyone complied.

Is THAT what you mean? Is THAT the comparison you want to make? Are you TRYING to further highlight that son-of-a-bitch FDR's anti-American villainy?

Are you trolling now?

The most comparable situation we have of late has been the anti-Muslim/Muslim-American sentiment since 9/11.

You mean the worst terrorist attack ever on US soil? After which the REPUBLICAN President did NOT respond by seizing the property of Muslim-Americans, abrogating their rights, and throwing them into concentration camps? Instead, he addressed the nation and reminded everyone that Muslim Americans are AMERICANS and that we are all - Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc. both fellow citizens in regards to Muslim and non-Muslim Americans, and all brothers and sisters in the larger sense. The REPUBLICAN President urged Americans to restrain their understandable anger and not lash out against Muslims generally in our great grief, and in a nation of some 300 million with burning anger and sadness, virtually everyone complied.

Is THAT what you mean? Is THAT the comparison you want to make? Are you TRYING to further highlight that son-of-a-bitch FDR's anti-American villainy?

Who wanted to keep the mosque from being built near ground zero? Who wanted profiling of Muslims at airports?

Mostly liberals? Mostly conservatives?

Answer the question.

The people who think FDR is "Great" must think that consigning 1.5 billion people to live under the horrible dehumanizing oppression of Communism is great; or, they might think that FDR is great for advancing our understanding of untreated syphllis.

Who can tell? If the Liberal collective has an answer, they ain't talking

Forum List

Back