Where FDR Went Wrong

FDR has been a real problem for conservatives, imagine the best president of the United States being a Democrat.

You'd have to "imagine" it because it is not true. The best president we've had was Lincoln.

The leading advocate for the Japanese internment was CA Atty General, the aforementioned Earl Warren,

who the author of this thread intentionally, or ignorantly, failed to mention

was a Republican.

So shut up and go read a book or something.

Who signed Executive Order 9066, douchebag?

Guess what political party Ralph Carr represented, idiot?

You tried to blame this on Democrats, as if it were something peculiar to Democratic beliefs, and then you expand it to liberal beliefs.

Earl Warren was a Republican.

I asked you two simple, direct questions. Answer them.

Last edited:
the republican party of the 1930's was isolationist...

...kind of like your new bff rand paul - as in republican rand paul.

believing that the usa is not the world's police force and morals setter is not isolationist. Believing that we should stay out of other country's business is not isolationist.

You liars on the left were ranting and raving about bush intervening but you care nothing when obama does the exact same thing---------you are the definition of hypocrisy.

Rand paul has principles and stands behind them. We need more people in dc like him--in both parties.

so which obama intervention did i support? You asshole.

nsa irs

FDR has been a real problem for conservatives, imagine the best president of the United States being a Democrat.

You'd have to "imagine" it because it is not true. The best president we've had was Lincoln.

You're exactly right I should have said liberal not Democrat. In any case, Lincoln in the last rating holds second best position, which brings up the next question, was Lincoln a liberal?

Who signed Executive Order 9066, douchebag?

Guess what political party Ralph Carr represented, idiot?

You tried to blame this on Democrats, as if it were something peculiar to Democratic beliefs, and then you expand it to liberal beliefs.

I asked you to simple, direct questions. Answer them.

Your rhetorical questions are irrelevant, because your claim is that supporting internment is somehow a liberal characteristic.

Last edited:
"Liberalism" in practice is always about controlling people and silencing dissent. The democrats have an endlessly shameful record of enslaving and oppressing people - particularly minorities. FDR's concentration camps were just another example of it. Today they have replaced FDR's barbed wire fences and armed guard towers with propaganda, blatant manipulation of information, and generational dependency.

The leading advocate for the Japanese internment was CA Atty General, the aforementioned Earl Warren,

who the author of this thread intentionally, or ignorantly, failed to mention

was a Republican.

So shut up and go read a book or something.

You prove daily that you lead the pack of dishonest posters.

"Earl Warren was an immensely popular Republican governor when President Dwight Eisenhower appointed him to the Supreme Court. Ike later regretted his choice; he had hoped to appoint a moderate conservative; Warren proved to be an unabashed liberal."
Earl Warren, Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court

I'm surprised the word "book" doesn't stick in your throat.

Be sure to chew Michelle Malkin's book thoroughly before you swallow.

lol

You're exactly right I should have said liberal not Democrat. In any case, Lincoln in the last rating holds second best position, which brings up the next question, was Lincoln a liberal?

NO. Any other stupid questions where you play semantics and giggle like a little school girl before falling back on logical fallacy again?

I asked you two simple, direct questions. Answer them.

Your rhetorical questions are irrelevant, because your claim is that supporting internment is somehow a liberal characteristic.

Two simple, direct questions. What are you afraid of? It's ok, everyone knows...

even though Ronald Reagan signed it,

most Republicans in Congress voted against it.

The former is true, the latter is not. Wiki is not a legitimate source and you are not being honest about the pertinent legislation in any case. The bill providing reparations for Japanese Americans was heavily supported by members of both parties in the House and the Senate. Differences in the House stemmed from the FACT that Republican Congressmen had drafted their own version of the same bill, slightly different, but with the same intent. Then House and Senate versions of bills had to be reconciled. Maybe you can learn about how our government works sometime if you stay away from Wiki.

REPUBLICAN President Ronald Reagan signed the bill into law and gave a poignant speech when addressing the survivors themselves.

REPUBLICAN President Ronald Reagan's remarks that day included:

"And now in closing, I wonder whether you'd permit me one personal reminiscence, one prompted by an old newspaper report sent to me by Rose Ochi, a former internee. The clipping comes from the Pacific Citizen and is dated December 1945.

''Arriving by plane from Washington,'' the article begins, ''General Joseph W. Stilwell pinned the Distinguished Service Cross on Mary Masuda in a simple ceremony on the porch of her small frame shack near Talbert, Orange County. She was one of the first Americans of Japanese ancestry to return from relocation centers to California's farmlands.'' ''Vinegar Joe'' Stilwell was there that day to honor Kazuo Masuda, Mary's brother. You see, while Mary and her parents were in an internment camp, Kazuo served as staff sergeant to the 442d Regimental Combat Team. In one action, Kazuo ordered his men back and advanced through heavy fire, hauling a mortar. For 12 hours, he engaged in a singlehanded barrage of Nazi positions. Several weeks later at Cassino, Kazuo staged another lone advance. This time it cost him his life.

The newspaper clipping notes that her two surviving brothers were with Mary and her parents on the little porch that morning. These two brothers, like the heroic Kazuo, had served in the United States Army. After General Stilwell made the award, the motion picture actress Louise Allbritton, a Texas girl, told how a Texas battalion had been saved by the 442d. Other show business personalities paid tribute--Robert Young, Will Rogers, Jr. And one young actor said: ''Blood that has soaked into the sands of a beach is all of one color. America stands unique in the world: the only country not founded on race but on a way, an ideal. Not in spite of but because of our polyglot background, we have had all the strength in the world. That is the American way.'' The name of that young actor--I hope I pronounce this right--was Ronald Reagan. And, yes, the ideal of liberty and justice for all--that is still the American way.

Thank you, and God bless you. And now let me sign H.R. 442, so fittingly named in honor of the 442d.

Thank you all again, and God bless you all. I think this is a fine day."

Last edited:
Oh, and even when it came to trying to make things right, in the 1988 Civil Liberties Act, which included reparations and an apology to those harmed,

even though Ronald Reagan signed it,

most Republicans in Congress voted against it.

Of course.

Civil Liberties Act of 1988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's that compared to FDR's Tuskegee Experiments?
Let's TRY FDR in abstentia and convict him of violation(s) for so many things that fly in the face of the Constitution.

NOT an admonishment Frank...just agreement sir.

Franklin-D.-Roosevelt-Quotes-1.jpg

FDR: Biggest Fail Ever

20% Unemployment for 7 years, worst economy since the 7 Biblical Lean Years
Supported Chairman Mao, History's Biggest Mass Murderer
Supported "Uncle Joe" Stalin, historys second biggest mass murderer
Sold out hundreds of millions of Eastern Europen to Soviet Communism
Tuskegee Experiments
Japanese Internment
Threatened to Pack SCOTUS
Confiscated Gold

Forum List

Back