Where FDR Went Wrong

FDR has been a real problem for conservatives, imagine the best president of the United States being a Democrat.

You'd have to "imagine" it because it is not true. The best president we've had was Lincoln.

Yes Lincoln, the liberal Republican that modern conservatism has thrown under the bus.

No problem, we'll take him.

You have time for juvenile, meaningless semantics but no time to answer two simple, direct questions?

DemoCCCPRats voting to fight AGAINST Mother Russia?

Never happened. They were cheering on the enslavement of hundreds of million to their Uncle Joe.

FDR? hero?

Seriously?

You'd have to "imagine" it because it is not true. The best president we've had was Lincoln.

Yes Lincoln, the liberal Republican that modern conservatism has thrown under the bus.

No problem, we'll take him.

You have time for juvenile, meaningless semantics but no time to answer two simple, direct questions?

You asked two rhetorical questions, which are questions that try to make points but do not require answers.

Do you wish to argue against my claim that Lincoln is no longer viewed favorably among modern conservatives,

because modern conservatism, in its more ardent forms, has become states rights fanatical to point of seriously arguing the legal legitimacy of secession?

Go ahead.

You honestly think that there was American public support in 1945 for turning on the Soviet Union, and effectively starting WWIII, for the purpose of trying to drive the Soviets out of Eastern Europe? You're an idiot.

If you had ever bothered to look at the map of Europe, you would know that what you call Eastern Europe is nowhere near in the eastern part of Europe.

After the Battle of Stalingrad the Soviets were just as exhausted as the Germans. Churchill had the brains to see that they would have been easy picking but of course FDR ordered the Allies to stop at the river Elba, thereby missing a chance to get rid of Communism and his blind admiration for Uncle Joe and Communism unleashed nearly fifty years of terror in Europe.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Coming from low-information typical liberal demagogue like you, I consider that as compliment.

If you show us there was enough support in Congress for a declaration of war in 1945, against the Soviets,

then you wouldn't be an idiot.

But you can't, therefore you are.

FDR ordered the Allies to stop at the Elba, while the Germans and Soviets were still killing each other east of Poland.

If the part of Europe, that you refer to as Eastern had been occupied by the Allies, there would have been no Iron Curtain, no millions perishing in Stalin's gulag, no fifty years of Cold War, no rise of China, and the well-deserved end of the Soviet Union would have happened about forty years earlier.

When your military is on a victorious march, the population - and Congress - support it. Since FDR loved Stalin so much, we never had the chance to find out just how much America - and Congress - would have supported the effort to stop the regime compared to which Hitler's Third Reich looks like a bunch of altar boys.

I respect your opinion, even though I don't agree with it, but I never sink to your level of calling you and idiot - as you called me several times - just because we disagree. After all I am not a liberal.

Last edited:

You asked two rhetorical questions

They were not rhetorical, they were factual. I want to see if you know the answers.

Ralph Carr? Ralph Carr was a Republican who was a liberal on issues of immigration, racial discrimination, civil rights, etc.;

if he were around today, in the post 9/11 era (our other Pearl Harbor, for reference sake) where do you think he would be on issues like racial/ethnic/religious profiling of Muslims,

issues like banning the building of mosques? Issues on immigration overall? Issues like the fearmongering by conservatives that white America is going to be overrun and overwhelmed by non-whites?

Obviously, based on what we know of him, he would not be with the conservative mainstream on those issues.

Not at all...so your point was what?

If you had ever bothered to look at the map of Europe, you would know that what you call Eastern Europe is nowhere near in the eastern part of Europe.

After the Battle of Stalingrad the Soviets were just as exhausted as the Germans. Churchill had the brains to see that they would have been easy picking but of course FDR ordered the Allies to stop at the river Elba, thereby missing a chance to get rid of Communism and his blind admiration for Uncle Joe and Communism unleashed nearly fifty years of terror in Europe.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Coming from low-information typical liberal demagogue like you, I consider that as compliment.

If you show us there was enough support in Congress for a declaration of war in 1945, against the Soviets,

FDR ordered the Allies to stop at the Elba, while the Germans and Soviets were still killing each other east of Poland.

If the part of Europe, that you refer to as Eastern had been occupied by the Allies, there would have been no Iron Curtain, no millions perishing in Stalin's gulag, no fifty years of Cold War, no rise of China, and the well-deserved end of the Soviet Union would have happened about forty years earlier.

When your military is on a victorious march, the population - and Congress - support it. Since FDR loved Stalin so much, we never had the chance to find out just how much America - and Congress - would have supported the effort to stop the regime compared to which Hitler's Third Reich looks like a bunch of altar boys.

I respect your opinion, even though I don't agree with it, but I never sink to your level of calling you and idiot - as you called me several times - just because we disagree. After all I am not a liberal.

When you post idiocy you earn the title of idiot by your own hand, not mine. I'm just reporting it.

When you post idiocy you earn the title of idiot by your own hand, not mine. I'm just reporting it.

You refuted none of the points I made. Once again, you resorted to personal insult.

Thank you for proving my point.

You refuted none of the points I made. Once again, you resorted to personal insult.

Points? You posted a bunch of fantasy hypotheticals based on delusion. You people live in a world of black and white derangement where you feel compelled to obsessively find everything wrong with everything every liberal has ever done.

You are clowns.

So far in this thread, Roosevelt has been blamed for the Maoist revolution in China, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Tuskegee syphilis experiments, the Cold War, Stalin's brutality, and probably about 10 other things I'm not recalling offhand.

You people have slow down once in awhile and let your sense, to the extent you have any, catch up with you.

Last edited:
If memory serves the allies could have been at the gates of Berlin by the end of 1944. Patton's forces cut thru the south of France at breakneck speed and were halted in early Sept so Montgomery could commence with Operation Market Garden. Patton could have gotten to Berlin long before the Russians would have.

Points? You posted a bunch of fantasy hypotheticals based on delusion. You people live in a world of black and white derangement where you feel compelled to obsessively find everything wrong with everything every liberal has ever done.

You are clowns.

So far in this thread, Roosevelt has been blamed for the Maoist revolution in China, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Tuskegee syphilis experiments, the Cold War, Stalin's brutality, and probably about 10 other things I'm not recalling offhand.

You people have slow down once in awhile and let your sense, to the extent you have any, catch up with you.

If the points I made were 'hypothetical' you would have been able to able to provide a response that is more than personal insults and deflection.

You asked two rhetorical questions

They were not rhetorical, they were factual. I want to see if you know the answers.

Ralph Carr? Ralph Carr was a Republican who was a liberal on issues of immigration, racial discrimination, civil rights, etc.;

if he were around today, in the post 9/11 era (our other Pearl Harbor, for reference sake) where do you think he would be on issues like racial/ethnic/religious profiling of Muslims,

issues like banning the building of mosques? Issues on immigration overall? Issues like the fearmongering by conservatives that white America is going to be overrun and overwhelmed by non-whites?

Obviously, based on what we know of him, he would not be with the conservative mainstream on those issues.

Again, in your shame, you try to play semantics to cover the filthy tracks of the democrats throughout history. Ralph Carr was a conservative Republican who was a vociferous opponent of FDR's policies and politics before the war ever began and before the villainous FDR decided to throw around 120,000 innocent people, including many of the best, bravest, most loyal American CITIZENS we've ever had the honor of calling our own into his concentration camps. He opposed democrat racism and villainy on conservative AMERICAN principles. Your childish, tired, and failed attempts at playing semantics won't change that. Nor will any deflection or misdirection change the FACT that the villain FDR's name is the one on Executive Order 9066. I know you democrats like to - are desperate to - but you cannot change the FACTS of the disgraceful, racist, discriminatory, un-American history of the democrat party.

Again, in your shame, you try to play semantics to cover the filthy tracks of the democrats throughout history. Ralph Carr was a conservative Republican who was a vociferous opponent of FDR's policies and politics before the war ever began and before the villainous FDR decided to throw around 120,000 innocent people, including many of the best, bravest, most loyal American CITIZENS we've ever had the honor of calling our own into his concentration camps. He opposed democrat racism and villainy on conservative AMERICAN principles. Your childish, tired, and failed attempts at playing semantics won't change that. Nor will any deflection or misdirection change the FACT that the villain FDR's name is the one on Executive Order 9066. I know you democrats like to - are desperate to - but you cannot change the FACTS of the disgraceful, racist, discriminatory, un-American history of the democrat party.

So the aforementioned Michelle Malkin and John Hawkins are liberals?

Most anti-Muslim voices in modern America are also liberal?

Why did most Republicans vote against reparations for the internment victims in 1988?

Are you nuts?

1942, west coast REPUBLICANS calling for the removal/internment of Japanese Americans:

REPUBLICAN Congressman Leland Ford

REPUBLICAN Fletcher Bowron, Mayor of Los Angeles

REPUBLICAN Earl Warren, CA Atty General

1942, west coast REPUBLICANS calling for the removal/internment of Japanese Americans:

Guess who signs executive orders? I'll give you a hint, it's the chief executive.

Guess who signs executive orders? I'll give you a hint, it's the chief executive.

Then why did you bring up Ralph Carr?

To draw your attention to the contrast between villainous (though typical) actions of your beloved democrat would-be dictator, and the strongest national voice representing American values in opposition to the bastard FDR's inexcusable act in maintaining his own concentration camps at the same time that we were fighting against just that sort of tyranny and oppression around the world. Typical that democrats were ultimately responsible for the oppression, death, abrogation of rights, and usurpation of private property of minorities - AGAIN, and that it took a Republican voice to give the clearest, most unambiguous iteration of true American principles no matter how many forgot or disregarded them in the fear and hysteria of wartime.

Last edited:

To draw your attention to the contrast between villainous (though typical) actions of your beloved democrat would-be dictator and the strongest national voice representing American values in opposition to the bastard FDR's inexcusable act in maintaining his own concentration camps at the same time that we were fighting against just that sort of tyranny and oppression around the world. Typical that democrats were ultimately responsible for the oppression, death, abrogation of rights, and usurpation of private property of minorities - AGAIN, and that it took a Republican voice to give the clearest, most unambiguous iteration of true American principles no matter how many forgot or disregarded them in the fear and hysteria of wartime.

A Republican who was liberal on this issue.

So one individual is solely responsible? Why then are you trying to broadbrush every Democrat who ever existed with culpability for this?

Forum List

Back